|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
2015 Introducing GInput
GTAGaming.com - Modifications | @ 09:30 PM MDT | By Ash_735
We know it's a hassle to go back to the older Grand Theft Auto games on PC these days with their lack of controller support, on screen prompts, etc, but thankfully, you don't have to worry about that anymore! Here's GInput, a plug-in for Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on PC which gives the games full XInput Controller support, as well as additional support for DualShock 3 and 4 (that's right, even SIXAXIS controls for these titles is an option!). This plug-in is easy to install, basically drag & drop for the III/VC version, and the SA version requires an ASI Loader. After that you have a load of controller options in the INI that you can tweak with to get things just right for you, whether you want the original PS2 style control set up or if you want to try the modern "IV" style controls to get a more fresh up to date experience with these games. You can even choose which button style to display between Xbox and PlayStation! Here's a list of features this modification has and supports:
- Complete XInput support, so pads are mapped to match console versions perfectly (including Start button, which can't be mapped on PC version without this modification).
- Proper vibration support - something that was cut from all PC versions of the game!
- FIVE (TWO in San Andreas) different control mappings - four setups matching PS2 selectable setups and fifth one being a recreation of GTA IV controls!
- Pad buttons in In-Game helps, replacing PC key names (depending on user's choice, either PlayStation or XBOX buttons are shown).
- An INI file with tons of options - including toggleable vibration, selecting controls setup, Invert Look option from console versions, axis inversion options from San Andreas and more!
- Automatic switching between keyboard & mouse and pad controls, basing on last device input.
- Support for Guide/PS button. The button is fully functional and can show your Steam Overlay menu if you launched the game via Steam!
- Cheats input from the pad. Use classic PS2 cheats on PC!
- Full co-op support in San Andreas - the game can make full use of two pads or bind the first pad to second player, so co-op can be played even if only one pad is connected
- Increased support for DualShock 3 controllers and SCP Driver Package - including pressure sensitive buttons and SIXAXIS accelerometers
Head on over to GTAGarage to Download! Check below for some screenshots and even a video of it in action:
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
6 Members, 851 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|