|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
JULMore New Details From Play (UK) Magazine - Issue 155
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 06:40 AM MDT | By Asif
Another new preview just came by with loads of new details on Grand Theft Auto IV.
Here is the summary of the 10-page preview, that we've gathered so far...
* McReary is a corrupt cop, like Officer Tenpenny in San Andreas. (We can make a guess the other guy in the artwork is the one.)
* The arms dealer called Little Jacob is a good friend of Niko's cousin, Roman.
* Rotterdam Hill is in Alderney.
* The first mission in the demo was called "Call and Collect".
* Apparently no arrowhead to guide you in the game. (Example of arrowhead from a previous GTA game)
* The HUD has been streamlined to only a few displays.
* The map remains, sensibly, as does the wanted level and the money.
* But visuals on the map in the demo are reduced to mere blips in the top corner of the impressive display.
* The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand side of the car above the road.
* Multiplayer is accessed via your mobile phone.
* The new wanted level system system starts with the map flashing with circles of blue and red.
* The wanted level system has been completely revamped from the previous games, It's now based on vision, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase.
* The wanted level system has six levels as in previous games.
* Pedestrians drink while out on streets.
* When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.
* The increased difficulty of the game could alienate some of the fans.
* When you kill Goldberg, there are at least two possible cutscenes, the first saw Goldberg crumpled down onto the floor and the second saw Goldberg fall out of the window.
* You exit Goldberg's Office and there are three security guards blocking your way.
* You can hug the wall like in Metal Gear Solid to cover yourself from fire.
* You can also strafe, which is helpful when you take on the police.
* If you escape the building, it's mission complete.
* Rockstar has added bodily damage to the proceedings, with certain actions triggerings different reactionary deaths.
o Game Example 1: Shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs and he will come tumblings down the stairs.
o Game Example 2: Shoot Goldberg, the lawyer, with a shotgun in front of a window and he'll meet his end on the streets below as he tumbles out.
Browse into this thread to read the scans and more in-sights on the preview.
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 187,114
7 Online, 1,041 Guests
GTA IV Walkthrough
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|