|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
JUNXbox 360 UK Details
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 01:51 PM CST | By Slim Trashman
Nothing really new here, but the preview goes more in depth and in greater detail about what they saw in the demo:
• A Near Collision between two cars caused a pedestrian to proclaim loudly "That was f***ed up"
• As Niko approached several people milling in a large group, he sort weaved in and out of them. At one point, he even pushed a pedestrian gently out of his way.
• As Niko continued descending a small hill further down the road, we noticed the way his weight seemed to shift backwards a little, as though he was saving himself from just pitching forwards and setting off into a run. He looked exactly like someone walking down a hill does.
• Another example of the wight shifting was shown later, when Niko began running - looking much like a normal person does instead of some unrealistic video game representation. He leaned a little to the left and right, depending on which direction Rockstar took him, rather than his top half staying stationary and only his legs moving, as per previous GTA games.
• The sight of Niko just walking up some steps managed to impress too.
• The Rockstar team did inform us that that fire escapes and other stuff can be used within the game. We saw a ton of these around Broker and we're sure they'll come in handy, at least in terms of roof access for sniping missions in the finished game, if sniper missions remain, of course.
• Rather than the rags to riches story of old games, GTA IV looks more like a rags to better rags story. The idea is ostensibly for Niko Bellic to keep afloat in Liberty City, rather than walking the streets with tons of cash dripping out of every pocket. After all, if Niko had accumulated over half a million dollars, it's a little far fetched for him to want to carry out other missions. He'd be set for life from that point on and could provide for both himself and his brother. We therefore imagine GTA IV will have a much more realistic approach to funds and how much you'll ultimately have to spend them throughout the game.
• Little focus on building business empires this time - it makes no sense to continue living a criminal life if you're pulling in lucrative results at your pizza parlor, nightclub or taxi rank.
• Unlike other GTAs, IV will have a lesser known voice cast and music that isn't distinctly popular or obvious to the 2007 settings. Expect many unsigned bands or indies to show up.
Thanks MattyBlog for the information.
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 192,840
1 Online, 718 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|