|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
SEPFiscal 2005 Third Quarter Conference Call (updated)
GTAGaming.com - Rockstar/Take2 News | @ 01:57 PM MDT | By Kodo
Wednesday, September 7, 2005 - 4:30 PM ET
Starting in about a half hour from the time of this post, Take2 will be having a live broadcast of their fiscal 2005 third quarter conference call. You can listen in at this link after just filling in your name and email (and you'll need RealPlayer or Windows Media Player). The financial results for the third quarter ending July 31, 2005 will be discussed and while that may not be at all that interesting to you, there is a possibility that we should hear news pertaining to Liberty City Stories. Specifically speaking, perhaps an official release date. And following this broadcast the official LCS site should be updated in the next few days using gathered logic.
If you are going to miss the conference call or just plain don't want to bother sitting through it, check back here later and I'll update the post with any important information that comes out of it.
Okay so after listening to the hour-long conference call, I am disappointed to announce that no LCS release date was given. However, a few things were said on the topic of Grand Theft Auto.
- The "Hot Coffee" recall cost Take 2 $28.8 million.
- Starting next week, GTA:SA is being released with an M rating again on the PC and Xbox, with a PS2 re-release coming later.
- Rockstar will have 2 more games for PSP in 2006 (unknown titles).
- Liberty City Stories is on schedule and is guaranteed to ship this quarter (on or before Oct. 31, 2005).
- Take2 said they felt confident about LCS and its options in the PSP market, and they would like to expand on the PSP in 2006. However, they did not make a statement on any other GTA titles for PSP.
Take-Two's next fiscal year will see "extensions of the Grand Theft Auto franchise" on unidentified platforms, according to its earnings report. But when asked by analysts if this meant a new console GTA was coming next year, Chief Financial Officer Karl Winters demurred, saying only "We haven't announced that yet...[we have] no announcement beyond PSP Grand Theft Auto."
You can view that quote and a full summary of the entire conference that deals with non-GTA titles from Gamespot. Full results of the conference are on Take 2's website.
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 195,770
2 Online, 1,141 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|