|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
JULNew SA Details
GTAGaming.com - General News | @ 09:29 AM CST | By Kodo
News has been sent in (cited below post) that the following features were confirmed by the July issue of the German OPS2 magazine.
- If Carl eats too much and gains too much weight, he is denied certain missions. Mission givers tell him to get in shape before starting.
- The game has the same HUD (heads up display) as in GTA III and Vice City.
- The graphical quality will be much improved. Visability (draw distance) will be 1km and a new technique will be introduced - parking cars, trees and other objects will be displayed with very low details if far away.
- Movements will be smoother and more fluent than in Vice City; Rockstar is trying
to keep constant 30fps, but that didn't yet quite work out in the test version that OPS2 saw.
- There's an automated aiming-aid that simplifies control, and of course it can be it turned off if you choose.
- If you press a button the camera zooms right behind the player, so you can aim at enemies with the analogstick (Manhunt style).
- There's three times as much music in SA and remarkably more weapons than in VC, and plus gameplay (the story) is three times longer than Vice City.
- Apprently 80% of the work on SA is done, and it comes not on a 4.7GB DVD but a
8.5GB double layer DVD - which has just enough room for the game with help of good
compressing-techniques (that indicates the dimensions SA will have)!
- Some parts of missions will take place in the countryside outside of the three cities.
- Orange Grove is the name of one of the districts and that is where the Orange Grove Families name comes from.
- The textures will be photographed ones as well as self-drawn ones.
- There will be less pop-up of distant objects. Houses can be seen from far away.
- Groups of trees will be rendered as a group from distance. If you get closer, they'll be rendered separately. Because of this, a bigger draw distance is possible.
- The magazine claims that the animations will be even better than in Vice City.
Information from PlanetGTA, t_a_k, Jan, Evan, and HoTsAuCe. Thanks for the great new details guys!
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 194,149
2 Online, 1,495 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|