has just made a new entry about their recent hands-on impression on GTA IV. They were also provided with two brand new screenshots (see below) never seen before (albeit in smaller resolution than expected).
Here are the bullet points from the article:
- Stephen Totilo (the previewer) experienced two hours of hands-on on both Xbox 360 and PS3 version of the game.
- "While we followed the rules of these missions, it became clear that Rockstar has tried to make "GTA IV" feel like less of a video game, a change that will likely excite fans and further horrify the series' critics."
- "Extra guns and health packs don't float a few inches above the ground, waiting to be walked through. They lie on flat surfaces, waiting to be picked up."
- "We wondered if the game's version of the Statue of Liberty was supposed to look like Hilary Clinton (not intentional, Rockstar says)"
- "There is no "Mission Complete" graphical flourish as there had been in old games, just a brief instrumental riff to indicate a job's successful finish."
- "Icons in the upper-right corner of the screen still display the player's equipped weapon and money, but they are reduced in size, subdued to blacks, grays and whites, doing as little as possible to distract the player's eyes."
- "We took a helicopter for a joyride, in this case, in the PS3 build, traversing the city with haste, thrusting with the R2 button, rudder-turning with L1 and R1."
- "The scenery was viewable from an optional in-cockpit, first-person view, the densely detailed Liberty City rolling by so quickly underneath"
- "We stood Niko at the foot of Liberty City's Statue of Happiness and fired a rocket-propelled grenade at the statue, sending tourists fleeing and denting the statue not a bit"
Thanks to phexitol
for notifying us | Discuss in the GTA IV forums