JULOnline Previews Wave Two
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 03:50 PM MDT | By Asif
Kikizo has just updated its coverage schedule with the long-awaited confirmation on the date for second preview to come online. They are going to update that page tomorrow at 1PM EDT (Click here to see that time where you are). After a two hour sitting with Rockstar, Kikizo promises to reveal more gameplay details, features, dialogue, and more.
The preview would be the same as the recent magazine previews, but hopefully you'll get to see the digitalized and much larger format of the pictures and artworks already seen, perhaps with some new ones as well! It is expected to see other gaming sites as, GamesRadar, IGN, Gamespot bringing out their previews at the same time.
Keep an eye on GTAGaming for further updates on the previews! Check back tomorrow for Preview 2: Gameplay, Missions & More (July 25, 1PM EST)
JULCommunity Graphics Engine Analysis
Grand Theft Auto IV - Community News | @ 04:29 PM MDT | By Kodo
Forums member afterfl0w has written up a nice graphical analysis for GTA IV. I found it very interesting to read and decided to have it showcased on the main page. In the article you'll learn about some things that Rockstar really did right, and some glitches or things that need to be fixed. There's a great amount of attention to detail in the screenshot descriptions. Here is an example:
I'm positive that the fact that the wheels of the cop car are clipping with the ground has been mentioned, so I won't bother. They messed up a bit there, as the car didn't even shift its weight as it went onto the sidewalk. I'm sure it'll be fixed, the car models aren't complete yet.
So, what's good about this shot? Again, the tires. Absolutely perfect. You can see what I mean a bit better in this shot. They're just 100% ace, even better than most racing games (which is embarrassing for them). The road looks great, and even small details like the tire of the car is compressed a bit on the road, as it has weight. Another important thing here is the car is NOT floating above the road in any way.
In most modern-day engines, the characters, models, props, vehicles, all float above the ground, even sometimes ever-so-slightly. Most of you have seen this before, and know what I mean by it. In GTA? They're touching, interacting with the ground. They have weight, and this is going to affect how realistic the entire city feels.
JULNew Online Previews
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 11:07 AM MDT | By Slim Trashman
New previews have been released on big gaming web sites today, feeding our anxiety with new screenshots, artwork, and information on the to be game of the year.
Computer And Video Games Preview | 1Up Preview | GamePro Preview | Team Xbox Preview | Total Video Games Preview | Yahoo! Games Preview | SPOnG Preview
All of the summarized information, quotes, and other details comes from the Kikizo Preview. We appreciate their hard work at bringing us the most in depth of previews, so you should really read the full preview to do it justice.
• Like the previous preview (circulated on May 25th), this one was also based on Xbox 360 version of the game.
• Though this demo was 5 weeks old from today's date, there was significant improvement in frame rate.
• Two missions were demonstrated in the preview. A corrupt cop named Frank McReary was the provider of these missions, which involved pulling off hits on two different targets - Goldberg, a Lawyer and an un-named Blackmailer.
• Three different Radio commercials were heard throughout the demonstration. Scroll below for the Radio Commercial scripts.
• The demo was initialized as (quoted from the reporters) "We start with Niko at Star Junction, GTA IV's version of Times Square at 5AM early in the October morning, and it's still dark, yet full of all the real character of dazzling neon Times Square."
• There's a theater show on called T.S. Pirate at the Thespian Theater, as well as a camera store called Liberty Cameras.
• Pedestrians seem more alive than ever before (smoking, reading, eating, dialing phones, etc).
• You can whistle for a cab to get to places quicker and may either enjoy the ride to your destination or perform a trip skip with the push of a button.
• Niko is short for "Nikolai".
• Goldberg's first name is Tom.
• Each street has it's own name and the name is popped at bottom-right as it is entered.
• Little Jacob - a Jamaican gun dealer from Dukes, Liberty City's interpretation of Queens. He is in the neighborhood of Rotterdam.
• Later in the demo, Niko sets off for Rotterdam on a breezy motorbike ride, and stopped next to a pizza store that sells pizzas at the very reasonable price of 99¢, and a large cocktail bar lit up in fluorescent pink called Bahama Mamas.
• Unable to simply just walk into Ammunation and buy a weapon, Niko has to search around in alleyways, backstreets, basements, etc to obtain them.
• Weapons are not as easy to acquire.
• Little Jacob sells the arms (9MM, SMG, Micro SMG) out of the trunk of his car for $100 a piece.
• You can also buy ammunition seperately.
• The cinematic camera mode is still in, along with multiple others; the default is placed slightly to the left of the driver side.
• The TW@ Café is located in Algonquin, north of Middle Park (Central Park)
• It costs $1.00 to get online at the cafe and is "Totally Wireless".
• The game has its "own" internet which is to have lots of fun things to do and explore on it.
• Niko has his own account that is accessible from any computer in the city.
• Inside the cafe, all terminals are neatly laid out and it is basically the same as a standard looking Cyber cafe.
• Pressing LB will make Niko sit down on the terminal, once sat at the terminal, the screen is displayed, as you would see it on your monitor.
• You can control the (mouser) pointer with the analogue stick of the Xbox 360 controller.
• R* asked the reporters not to write about some of the web addresses that appeared while browsing GTA's quirky version of the web, "because it's still stuff that's being worked on at the moment"; interestingly they checked out some of the domain names they noted down on WHOIS and none are registered by Take 2 yet. [Hint]
• You may be able to use credit cards as payment option in the game.
• Niko submitted a fake CV to the Goldberg Ligner & Shyster website, where he claims, i) his objective is to (quoted) "rise to the top of my profession in Liberty City", ii) experienced in criminal law with cases such as manslaughter under his belt, iii) deals with emerging markets in the West Indies, iv) has been associate attorney at Mediterranean Shipping Enterprise, v) has been an intern at a police force, vi) Got an MA in International Relations at 'Walford University', UK and a first class degree to boot. vii) skilled in people management, coping with cultural differences, athletic ability, shooting, boxing, running, and swimming "to a professional level", viii) interested in world affairs, importing and exporting goods, and free market competition.
• There's perhaps more truth to some of these claims that others, as we're sure to find out during the full game.
• The address of Goldberg, Ligner & Shyster Lawyer firm is 44 Emerty Street, The Exchange, Algonquin, according to their website. They also had a phone number listed (area code 669).
• Once the appointment is set (after you get the call from Karen, Private secretary of Goldberg), it is automatically dropped into the organizer of Niko's phone.
• Niko doesn't have to accept phone calls if he doesn't want to, but if someone is intent on reaching him, they'll become increasingly annoyed. By the way, the name of the cell network is Whiz.
• Niko meets McReary at Castle Gardens, GTA IV's version of the South Street Seaport.
• Reporters saw McReary as wearing a black suit and tie, and sports a moustache and strong side parting in his slicked blonde hair.
• After the meeting with McReary, Niko jacked into an unlocked Black Comet.
• The engine sound was as impressive as we hear in Forza or PGR.
• The default camera angle is at the more central position leaning towards the drivers' side. When driving, the field of view and sense of direction the reporters experienced was superior to previous GTAs.
• Holding down A (X on PlayStation) allows Niko to run faster, though the control schemes are yet to be finalized.
• Every car is integrated with GPS system and the recommended route shows up in yellow on the radar at the bottom left.
• On the way to meet the blackmailer, the reporters saw trashcans with individually modelled items of different trash in them, newspaper dispensers, American flags hanging from many buildings, a Cola van with the slogan 'Deliciously Infectious', a hot dog stand, Burger Shot, a Chemist and a 'Vinewood' branded video hire store.
• As said earlier, each street has its own name and so far, reported street names are, Chinatown, Presidents City, Lancet, Hatton Gardens, Middle Park East and Ruby Street.
• As soon Niko meets the blackmailer, he pulls out his gun, triggering an over the shoulder aiming view, and caps him nine times to make sure he's dead. Then, Niko collects back the memory stick.
• As soon all the actions take place, police sirens were heard, and Niko's wanted level immediately got on two-star. Pedestrians start running all over the place in panic, and they're all running in different ways and directions.
• Earned wanted level triggers as a blue and red search radius, appeared on the radar at the bottom left of the HUD. Police dispatch will notify officers in their area of the details - who they're looking for, description, last known location, and direction they're heading.
• Escaping the radius will lose the wanted stars.
• The Wanted Level system is realistically based on the line of sight, as well. If an officer sees you changing cars or spots on the road after your description has been given out, then the search radius is refocused to your last known location.
• The more wanted stars are earned, the more expansion happens with the search radius.
• Cops' positions can be seen on the radar, but new ones can appear as their backup comes to help out.
• As the Niko exits the search radius, the stars will keep flashing so he has to be careful until the stars are gone.
• Once the stars disappear, Niko heads to Cod Row, Denver Avenue, Exeter Avenue and stops at Northwood / East Holland, then hands over the memory stick to McReary.
• Before heading for the interview, organized earlier in the day, with Goldberg, a T-shirt icon appears on the radar to mark Niko's first destination and Niko heads towards Silicon Street, through Quartz Street, and Middle Park East. Now, Niko reaches at Perseus - a quality menswear shop with prices to match its flashy décor.
• At the Perseus store, Niko picks up a Chocolate suit for $1000 and some nice shoes for $200.
• Inside the lawyer firm, while Niko walks with Karen towards meeting room, Karen advises him about Goldberg, "He's just in here. Don't be nervous, he doesn't bite".
• As soon Niko pulls out the gun, Goldberg reacts, "Woah, woah, hold on second there friend! We're lawyers, we don't need guns! Strong move though, I gotta say, I like that style... I'm all about the Second Amendment... guns don't kill people, videogames do!"
• Then, Niko demands to know where the McReary files are, then puts a bullet in Goldberg before he smashes and falls through the window of his office down to the street below - that's him taken care of.
• 10 seconds later, the wanted level reaches upto 3 Stars (out of Maximum of 6 Wanted Stars) and police sirens are heard. Now, Niko is bound to make the escape from the building.
• Niko can basically take cover behind anything (in this office environment, a cleaner's maintenance trolley does the job), and Cops are seen to take cover, as well.
• In addition to the involving cover system, there's also the ability for Niko to blind fire.
• The gunfight and chaotic rhythm of hiding, taking cover, shooting and reloading is classic gameplay that is great fun to see action, particularly with the ragdoll deaths of everybody in sight - against walls, down stairwells.
• The cops keep coming into the building to try and bust Niko. Niko makes an exit using various emergency stairs.
• The demo was played twice. On the second play, after Niko takes out Goldberg, instead of pursuing the missions from the first play, Niko instead opts to get his hands dirty in a massive outside shootout, in an area full of opportunities for cover. Cops, pedestrians, traffic and choppers all get in on the action, and Niko even blows up a gas station for the hell of it with some carefully aimed shots at the refill terminal when he switches the weapon to the Micro SMG. Awesome, as it explodes out in different directions out of the pump and the screen shakes with a bassy boom. Eventually, Niko dies in the action, after a while.
• As soon he dies, he falls to the ground and the camera pans high looking downwards to show that you've botched the job up.
• R* confirmed that the whole demo only showed off one third of Algonquin. It's about 1/16 of the full game map.
• The next preview will include PS3 impressions, online features and multiplayer modes.
Caller: "This is Karen from Goldberg, we'd like to arrange an interview at your earliest convenience. Come into our offices at noon tomorrow, is that alright?"
Niko: "I can free that period up in my schedule."
Karen: "Super, your interview will be with Mr Goldberg. Identify yourself to security and they will show you up. Have a nice day."
McReary: "Were you followed?"
Niko: "Hey, strange seeing you here, Officer McReary."
McReary: "I told you to come here, you fucking maggot!"
Niko: "You did? Why?"
McReary: "I know about you."
Niko: "Know what?"
McReary: "I know enough, boy."
Niko: "Oh, what do you know, boy?"
[Rockstar mutes the TV because of a plot spoiler in the dialogue]
Niko: "I don't know what you're talking about, chief."
McReary: "Do you think this is a town that can keep a secret?"
Niko: "I really don't know what you're talking about."
McReary: "Yeah you do. You know that a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do. The people ain't perfect, their life is a mess..."
Niko: "Sure, everybody knows that."
McReary: "So. You look out for me, and I don't look out for you. Know what I mean?"
Niko: "I think so."
McReary: "So, there's a guy trying to blackmail me."
McReary: "I don't know. Thinks he's getting paid though. The guy's smart. He arranged to do the exchange by the Humboldt River off Silicon Street, said to call him from the viewpoint there."
McReary: "Listen, I did what I did. I made a mistake. That don't make me the devil. Now obviously I can't go, because then he gets a picture of me giving him money and then I'm admitting guilt. I ain't guilty of nothing, other than being a man."
Niko: "To be honest... I don't really care one way or another..."
McReary: "Call me when you get to the spot."
Blackmailer: "Hello? Who is this?"
Niko: "A friend. I am calling about your exchange with McReary."
Blackmailer: "Yeah. He better have my paper. I ain't fucking around."
Niko: "I'm sure he's got your money. Have you got the stuff that he wants?"
Blackmailer: "Yeah I got it. We going to make this shit happen? I don't mess about you know. Push me and this shit is all over Weasel News. I got them on speed dial."
Blackmailer: "Yeah. And there's a lawyer called Tom Goldberg who's real interested. He's hungry for McReary's blood and shit. Yeah."
Niko: "Good thing Francis is paying them."
Blackmailer: "Call me when this exchange is going down. I don't like all the talking, yeah?"
Niko: "Yeah, he's dead."
McReary: "Great, I can get rid of these now. I feel like a new man. Not many people get a second chance like this. Thank you."
Niko: "Your sins are absolved, I guess."
Karen: "Mr Bellic, welcome. I will just see if Mr Goldberg is available... Mr Goldberg, Mr Bellic has arrived for his interview."
Goldberg: "Alright great, tell him to come to my office."
Karen: "Uh-huh, I'll bring him through. Would you please follow me, Mr Bellic."
"From the people who brought you the Domestobot, we proudly present El Comercio Roboto! It's the robotic future... from south of the border! 'Politicians may demand illegal aliens leave the country, but I want a Mexican gardener I can ogle!' El Comercio Roboto! You little devil. He can mow the lawn, if you know what I mean! Comes with six different attachments!"
"Are you ready to live the real estate dream? Whether you're new on the market or an old hack, we'll take your dream to the limits of prestige, in a spacious loft or an outstanding penthouse! It's a 500-square ft glass coated box in the sky, with windows that won't open and a doorman that masturbates in your bed while you're at work! Only three million dollars, only three blocks from the ghetto!"
"You can begin living a life of luxury. Why worry about health, your weight, or what people think of you? Now, you're faster! Motorized scooters are the future of the American lifestyle - carefree! Take the wait off!"
JULRockstar Website Links Gallery
GTAGaming.com - Website Updates | @ 05:11 PM MDT | By Kodo
Have you ever wanted to take a stroll back in time and visit your favorite teaser sites? Can't remember the address to a Rockstar site? Want to discover some sites you never knew existed?
Well then, in case you haven't seen this GTAGaming feature before...
I invite you to check out our newly updated Rockstar Website Links Gallery. It is the most comprehensive zone for official company sites, official Grand Theft Auto sites, and every known GTA teaser website. When new GTA IV teaser sites are added, this should be your first place of reference. Enjoy.
[ Click: Rockstar Website Links ]
JULWant To Change This Site?
GTAGaming.com - Website Updates | @ 05:36 PM MDT | By Kodo
For some time now, we have been planning some big updates for this website. If you have any ideas that you would like to share, please see this GTAG Forums Thread.
Be it plans for a new design, new community features, some things you like from other sites around the web, or some truc you brainstormed yourself, we'll appreciate your input. Also, if you feel like you want to contribute to the site in a more involved way, send me an email or forums PM with your information and skills (graphics, programming, etc).
With input from the fans we hope to shape this site the way you want it! Even if you can't think of ways for us to improve, how about sharing some thoughts on the negative bits? Criticism is always appreciated, just make sure it stays constructive and well informed. Again, the place to critique this site is in this GTAG Forums Thread. Thanks, we hope to hear from you.
JULLife During Wartime - Working At Rockstar Games
GTAGaming.com - Rockstar/Take2 News | @ 06:39 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
So what is it like inside the Rockstar office? Haven't we all ever wondered what the experience is like, being a part of the team that brought us one of the most popular video game franchises ever? Jeff Williams, former web producer at Rockstar, has shared his story with the world: Read About Jeff's Experience At Rockstar
No doubt a very interesting read. He was one of the very few who was aware of "hot coffee" before San Andreas was even released. Some of his works include the official Vice City site, the Degenatron site ("Swing from green dot to green dot with your red square monkey" was actually his slogan for Monkey's Paradise), and numerous other sites for Rockstar's other games mentioned in the blog.
Discuss On Our Forums
JULNew Radio Advertisements
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 10:50 AM MDT | By victim
Computer VideoGames has released three more they heard from the recent demo, there are three new ones.
It's a half robot, half radioactive plant destined to take over the world. Only one 15-year-old school girl can stop it... by sleeping with it [Japanese]. Princess Robot Bubblegum and the horny radioactive plant, in all good manga stores soon!
Simon and Nigel have long dominated the art world in Europe, and now there's an incredibly retrospective. Back in the 1970s they proved that owls were sexual, by having sex with them. Then in 1987 they went wild in America with their coffee table art book called The Anorexic Gimp in Wonderland. It's been none stop incongruity since!
Now these middle-aged twin transsexuals are photographing themselves re-enacting famous atrocities from history dressed as gorillas! Once you see Hitler portrayed as a gorilla, it'll explain the war in a way you never imagined. It is truly shocking!
Sometimes the family wants that Italian taste without those tiny Italian portions, that's why you should come to El Dentes - all the mama mia you can eat! It's Italian food like you'll never get in Italy. That's because it's an American theme restaurant! So the portions are huge, and the food tasteless and unhealthy. We've got a special linguini with Cheesy Poof sauce!
'Hey, when you're at El Dentes everyone's like family! A hyper, macho, food-obsessed, alcoholic family just like min!'
El Dentes - we've got more of what you love and less of what you don't. Like more calories and fat, and a lot less taste and nutrients! That's why it's El Dentes! All the mama mia you can eat!
These are possibly placeholder advertisements for the demo, however, it is extremely likely they end up in the final build of the game. Feel free to Discuss in the Forums.
JULNew Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive To The PS3
GTAGaming.com - Rockstar/Take2 News | @ 01:51 PM MDT | By Kodo
Michael Shorrock, the Director of 3rd Party Relations at SCEA, made a post on the PlayStation boards about a new franchise that will be exclusive to the PlayStation3. This is very exciting news to PS3 owners bummed out about GTA IV's attention on the 360.
Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of CELL and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that.. This is really a win-win situation for both companies.
There really is no other information at this time about what the new franchise will be. All we know is that it will not be L.A. Noire. Check back here for more information when it arrives!
Link: [ New Rockstar Games Franchise Exclusive To The PS3 ]
Related: [ Joystiq: Rockstar To Develop brand New Franchise Exclusively For Playstation3 ]
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 146,846
9 Online, 828 Guests
GTA IV Walkthrough
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|
|© 2000-2013 edgenetwork.org.|