|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
2007 Looking For That Special Someone.. In San Andreas?
Grand Theft Auto IV - Community News | @ 05:54 AM CST | By Asif
2007 OPM Australia Gives A World Exclusive Look Into GTA IV
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 07:13 AM CST | By Asif
Official PlayStation® Magazine Australia is about to show off a world exclusive look into the Gameplay feature of Grand Theft Auto IV, in their August issue. As they are emphasizing on this fact in their recent press release on the August Issue, you guys might expect to see some new exciting details!
Keep visiting GTAGaming.com as we are going to put up the summary from the magazine, as soon we get more details.
2007 GamesTM - New Gameplay Details
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 10:20 AM CST | By ash_735
One of the latest previews from GamesTM has a lot of nice new gameplay details about GTA IV, here is just a brief summary of what has been found...
* Our time with Niko Bellic began in Liberty City's equivalent of Times Square called Star Junction.
* The population on the street wasn't that dense, possibly due to the "early nature of the code".
* The way Niko moved with muscularity and purpose. His sense of balance and weight, even his face expressions - none of it seems forced.
* Niko uses his mobile phone (cellphone) and calls up his associate 'Little Jacob' a Caribbean arms dealer. Most possibly this guy, whose artwork circulated on the net and in some previews, few weeks ago.
* After your chat with 'Little Jacob', he tells you to meet him in an alleyway in Rotterdam Hill.
* You can skip taxi rides for convenience, or enjoy it in full from a first person viewpoint, allowing you to soak in the sights of Liberty City.
* You can slip Little Jacob some money.
* Niko receives another phone call from a shady lawyer Goldberg, of Goldberg , Ligner & Shyster.
* Niko can enter an internet cafe and upload his CV to their website, he's going to get himself an interview and then kill Goldberg.
* The Internet Cafe is called Tw@ Cafe, another returning brand from Grand Theft Auto III.
* Niko can hop onto PC's and start surfing away.
* GTA IV's web is accessible from any computer in the game. Though it is still unknown how much breadth the interweb of GTA World is going to take.
* Once Niko has uploaded his CV, he will receive a Phone Call to confirm his interview time.
* Unlike past GTA's, this mission can interrupted, your interview isn't till the next day, so you're free to carry out your business till then.
* Any carry out your business you will, as it's time to pay the nefarious McReary a visit at Castle Gardens, the coast-side hangout overlooking The Statue of Happiness (Statue of Liberty).
* McReary has had a Memory Stick stolen from him which contains sensitive data, and he wants you to get it back for him.
* Niko gets in a cab and heads to the meeting point that McReary has arranged.
* When Niko gets to the river, he sees people, but he doesn't know who is who, so he pulls that trusty mobile phone and gives him a call, so he can see who pulls out a phone, Clever hey.
* Niko draws his weapon, casually walks upto the guy who answered the phone and puts three bullets in the back of his head, he grabs the memory stick and starts running, with a three star wanted level in tow.
* Any crime you commit will give you a wanted level.
* Jack a car anywhere and you'll get a star because there are witnesses.
* Instead of cops just screaming to your position though, the star rating your given translates to a visible search area on the radar, if you manage to escape the search circular search area, then your wanted level will flash and disappear.
* If you're spotted though, the center of the circle changes to your position, and you'll have to start again.
* This opens up numerous options, as the police only operate on their own line of sight, if they can't see you, they can't stop you.
* In GTA IV, every street is named, and the police use this information to hunt you down.
* If you're spotted on Star Junction in a Comet, for example, you'll hear it on the police radio.
* During our time with Niko, he escapes the clutches of the law with a clever vehicle switch.
* After outfoxing a pursuing police car with a hard right turn, Bellic speeds into a nearby car park, neatly obscured by a bridge. Quickly, he jumps out of his vehicle breaks into another and calmly cruises out of the search zone. Of course had he been spotted committing this further felony, the search would have changed, and most likely widened.
* Before the interview Niko goes to Perseus, a menswear store and spends $2,000 on a suit and shoes.
* Bellic's phone alarm sounds - it's time for the interview and he heads off to carry out his duty.
* After a brief chat with the receptionist from outside the building via the intercom, Bellic wanders casually into the offices.
* Niko enters Goldberg's office, where the unsuspecting lawyer seems more than happy to see him, that is until Niko pulls a gun and points it at Goldberg's head.
* Goldberg then rears back in fear, but before he can plead for his life, he has a bullet in his skull.
* He slumps to the floor, and his secretary, alerted by the noise, runs into the room and sounds the alarm.
* Unsurprisingly the office security and police aren't just going to let Niko walk out onto the streets, he's going to have to fight.
* Immediately Niko is confronted by an overweight pistol-wielding security guard, Niko takes cover and fires blind shots in order to pin his opponent down, he then pops out, takes aim and puts two bullets in the security guards heart.
* As Niko continues his firefight to escape the offices, he speeds toward the front desk as bullets rain down from the newly arrived police, slamming into cover and blindly spraying Uzi fire into the distance.
* So in a hail of blood and bullets, Niko takes down the first wave of police onslaught, his three star wanted level providing a far greater obstacle than ever before.
* As Niko carries his now battered frame outside, the noise of a police chopper rattles overhead.
* The sound is incredibly loud, overbearing and overpowering.
* The gunfight is now far more intense. According to the magazine, it's closest resemblance is Gears Of War. It also states, "The gun battle in Michael Mann's film Heat is often referenced as the Holy Grail for videogame combat, and Grand Theft Auto IV may have cracked it".
* Sadly Bellic didn't last much longer, his lifeless corpse lies prone on the Tarmac.
* The mechanics of the firefights are now rock hard.
* As Niko sprints past pedestrians, they reel in shock, if he bumps into them, they move.
* You can even push people out of the way by simply walking into them.
* Your mobile phone acts as a calendar, a vessel for text messages, an alarm and even a camera.
* In a screenshot in the magazine, Niko was seen doing drive-by with a Glock. It may suggests that drive-by is no more dependent only on the SMGs.
Take a look at this thread for more details and what other members think. Includes links to the scans so you can read it yourself.
2007 E3 2007: Microsoft Press Conference
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 09:36 PM CST | By Slim Trashman
The Microsoft press conference is just starting up now. If you're looking out for any new GTA IV information to be released at E3, this is one place to be looking.
You can view the live stream of the conference via GameSpot's E3 2007 Coverage Zone.
Stay tuned to GTAGaming for all (if any) coverage of GTA IV details from this conference. Enjoy the show!
Discuss On Our Forums
Edit: Well the press conference is over, and unfortunately nothing new on GTA IV. Our hopes lie on Take-Two's conference which will streaming live from E3 on Thursday at 8:00 PM, PDT. We'll leave you another reminder before that conference before it kicks off. So for now, enjoy the rest of E3!
2007 Confirmed: Niko IS Russian And A Bit On Multiplayer
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 12:21 PM CST | By Slim Trashman
A new article on Xbox.com has confirmed Niko's nationality to be Russian, so that should end that little controversy.
With that, they also released a small bit on multiplayer.
GTA IV will feature a multiplayer mode on Xbox LIVE that will match the drama and intensity of Niko’s solo mission. That’s all we’re allowed to reveal at this stage…
We ponder on what exactly that means. Only time will tell for sure.
Read The Article | Discuss On Our Forums
2007 More New Details From Play (UK) Magazine - Issue 155
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 06:40 AM CST | By Asif
Another new preview just came by with loads of new details on Grand Theft Auto IV.
Here is the summary of the 10-page preview, that we've gathered so far...
* McReary is a corrupt cop, like Officer Tenpenny in San Andreas. (We can make a guess the other guy in the artwork is the one.)
* The arms dealer called Little Jacob is a good friend of Niko's cousin, Roman.
* Rotterdam Hill is in Alderney.
* The first mission in the demo was called "Call and Collect".
* Apparently no arrowhead to guide you in the game. (Example of arrowhead from a previous GTA game)
* The HUD has been streamlined to only a few displays.
* The map remains, sensibly, as does the wanted level and the money.
* But visuals on the map in the demo are reduced to mere blips in the top corner of the impressive display.
* The default camera view when driving rests around the left-hand side of the car above the road.
* Multiplayer is accessed via your mobile phone.
* The new wanted level system system starts with the map flashing with circles of blue and red.
* The wanted level system has been completely revamped from the previous games, It's now based on vision, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase.
* The wanted level system has six levels as in previous games.
* Pedestrians drink while out on streets.
* When purchasing clothes, you have to choose the items from the shelf individually.
* The increased difficulty of the game could alienate some of the fans.
* When you kill Goldberg, there are at least two possible cutscenes, the first saw Goldberg crumpled down onto the floor and the second saw Goldberg fall out of the window.
* You exit Goldberg's Office and there are three security guards blocking your way.
* You can hug the wall like in Metal Gear Solid to cover yourself from fire.
* You can also strafe, which is helpful when you take on the police.
* If you escape the building, it's mission complete.
* Rockstar has added bodily damage to the proceedings, with certain actions triggerings different reactionary deaths.
o Game Example 1: Shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs and he will come tumblings down the stairs.
o Game Example 2: Shoot Goldberg, the lawyer, with a shotgun in front of a window and he'll meet his end on the streets below as he tumbles out.
Browse into this thread to read the scans and more in-sights on the preview.
2007 GTA IV Demo At Take2 Conference (E3 2007)
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 11:11 AM CST | By ash_735
It appears that a GTA IV demo was shown at the Take2 Conference at E3 earlier today. The conference took place between 8am - 9am (PDT). Unfortunately we won't get to see any videos or pictures just yet but I'm sure we'll see more information pop up in a few more weeks’ time. For now here is a quick summary done...
- The demo started off with a black menu screen, which is likely a temporary version, as is much of the user interface.
- The menu listed, from left to right, 'map', 'game', 'brief', 'stats', 'controls', 'audio' and 'display'.
- Niko Bellic was in a replica of Times Square, which is Star Junction.
- Trademark map icon in the corner.
- It was night time and the hours started to pass, drawing out the sun and showing off the HDR lighting, which was very realistic.
- The traffic and most other AI characters were turned off, so it was hauntingly empty.
- He strutted around for a bit, and then stole a car which happens to be a black Lincoln Continental-lookalike.
- 40s/50s era jazz is playing softly in the background, over the car's radio.
- About a minute and a half into the demo, the sun was starting to peek over the building tops, revealing the details at street level - trash cans, incidental objects and all manner of bottles, newspapers and more.
- The camera was fixed 15 feet behind the bar and a little above.
- Lighting looked fantastic, textures looking solid and rugged.
- Frame rate was a bit jumpy, but level of detail in landscape was greater than Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
- Niko pulled up to the docks under the "Broker Bridge" as the sun rose. The light played on the water, and then started illuminating the city behind him.
- Clouds above Liberty City light up, with planes flying through them.
- Clouds kept lighting up as Niko called up his buddy to "get some firepower".
More information available at Gamespot, Joystiq, Wired, IGN and our very own forums.
2007 Minor New Details From OPM Australia - August Issue
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 09:15 AM CST | By Asif
Despite the "Demo-II" were majorly covered on GamesTM and Play (UK) previews earlier this week, this preview still has got some new tidbits of information to offer.
- Cops now can crouch to improve their accuracy for the long-range shot at you.
- Like in San Andreas, eating and sleeping will allow you to recharge your health, though you won't find any health pick-up floating around the city.
- Though no countryside element to appear in GTA IV, Central park's immense size will offer a variety of off-road gestures.
- Cars which are locked is going to take a lot of time than before to sit in. Also, it increases the tension significantly when you're on the run from cops and deciding whether you are going to jack in the car.
- Niko's phone will have his contact list, A daily calendar & organizer (through it, perhaps, you can choose for whom and when you want go for a mission), text messaging, camera and multiplayer option.
2007 WKTT Talk Radio: We Know The Truth
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 09:59 AM CST | By ash_735
Update: Apparently this site is more than a teaser. If you are 18 or older and call the number 212-360-2368 you can leave a message. Rockstar can then take this message and all rights associated with it and put it in GTA IV on the radio. So basically this is a fan promotion to put yourself in the game!
2007 Sony "Working Closely" With Rockstar
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 09:24 PM CST | By Slim Trashman
An interview with Phil Harrison tells us that Sony is "working closely with Rockstar on a number of initiatives."
As the head of the [internal Sony] studios, it's hard for me to comment on the third-party relations, so I don't know the details of that -- we deliberately keep those separate -- but we have a great relationship with Rockstar and we're actually working closely with them on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now.
Whether or not this means the PlayStation 3 version of GTA IV will as well receive its own sort of episodic content, we're unsure, but it sounds like PS3 owners should be getting a similar experience to that of the Xbox 360 players in GTA IV. We'll keep you updated.
Discuss On Our Forums | 1UP Article
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
0 Members, 512 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|