|GTA V Latest News | #GTAV | #GTAOnline|
JUNXbox 360 UK Details
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 01:51 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
Nothing really new here, but the preview goes more in depth and in greater detail about what they saw in the demo:
• A Near Collision between two cars caused a pedestrian to proclaim loudly "That was f***ed up"
• As Niko approached several people milling in a large group, he sort weaved in and out of them. At one point, he even pushed a pedestrian gently out of his way.
• As Niko continued descending a small hill further down the road, we noticed the way his weight seemed to shift backwards a little, as though he was saving himself from just pitching forwards and setting off into a run. He looked exactly like someone walking down a hill does.
• Another example of the wight shifting was shown later, when Niko began running - looking much like a normal person does instead of some unrealistic video game representation. He leaned a little to the left and right, depending on which direction Rockstar took him, rather than his top half staying stationary and only his legs moving, as per previous GTA games.
• The sight of Niko just walking up some steps managed to impress too.
• The Rockstar team did inform us that that fire escapes and other stuff can be used within the game. We saw a ton of these around Broker and we're sure they'll come in handy, at least in terms of roof access for sniping missions in the finished game, if sniper missions remain, of course.
• Rather than the rags to riches story of old games, GTA IV looks more like a rags to better rags story. The idea is ostensibly for Niko Bellic to keep afloat in Liberty City, rather than walking the streets with tons of cash dripping out of every pocket. After all, if Niko had accumulated over half a million dollars, it's a little far fetched for him to want to carry out other missions. He'd be set for life from that point on and could provide for both himself and his brother. We therefore imagine GTA IV will have a much more realistic approach to funds and how much you'll ultimately have to spend them throughout the game.
• Little focus on building business empires this time - it makes no sense to continue living a criminal life if you're pulling in lucrative results at your pizza parlor, nightclub or taxi rank.
• Unlike other GTAs, IV will have a lesser known voice cast and music that isn't distinctly popular or obvious to the 2007 settings. Expect many unsigned bands or indies to show up.
Thanks MattyBlog for the information.
JUNReminder: Yahoo! GTA IV Content Later Today
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 02:09 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
Just reminding you all, later this afternoon we're expecting Yahoo! Games first release of their week long of exclusive GTA IV content leading up to the second trailer launching this Thursday at 12:00 PM EDT. So stick around for the next few hours and we'll share the news with you all as soon as its released. To give a rough estimate, I'm expecting to see this around 6:00 PM, EDT (2 hours from now).
In the mean time, if you haven't done so already, you can register on our forums and discuss this content with the whole GTAGaming community.
The content will be available on both the Yahoo Games Grand Theft Auto IV site as well as the official Grand Theft Auto IV site, so keep an eye out.
Edit: Yet to see any update on Yahoo's GTA IV page, I'll provide you with another speculation. Yahoo! is headquartered in California, so assuming the content will be released California time (6:00 PST), we've got about 2 hours more to wait. Hang in there!
JUNYahoo! Games GTA IV Content: Day One Coverage
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 05:22 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
Yahoo! Games have just released the first of the week long content. Unfortunately, nothing even was mentioned of GTA IV. Instead, they bring us an article looking back at past GTA's and how each successor improved the series.
Check out the article here: Grand Theft Auto: A Look Back
Stay tuned tomorrow around the same time for coverage of day two, hopefully then we will see some new GTA IV content. This article today appears to be an intro for what Yahoo! Games has got in store for us throughout the week.
JUNYahoo! Games GTA IV Content: Day Two Coverage
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 04:26 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
Sorry guys, but Yahoo!'s exclusive content on GTA IV is still yet to be released. We're expecting to see that new information and screenshots tomorrow when Yahoo! release their interview with Dan Houser.
Today, another article, this one based on what we've already learned thus far about GTA IV. You can check that out here: GTA IV: What We Know So Far
Edit: They mistakenly wrote that the following information is confirmed, however it is actually false.
And while the game's HUD is largely gone, you'll see armor and bulletproof vests actually worn by Niko, and you'll watch them deteriorate when shot during combat. In a similar manner, damage and gore will be represented to a far greater visual degree than before; expect some of the game's more extreme violence to be far more disturbing than ever.
This information was supposedly coming from an magazine called "Turkey XBox Mag" and it was actually all made up on the Gamefaqs forum. Then it snowballed to XboxLiveAddicts forum, where it went on to CVG, then it was on AOTS, and now on Yahoo. This goes to show how easily false rumors can spread.
Stay tuned again tomorrow for our coverage on day three of the Yahoo! Game GTA IV coverage featuring an interview with Dan Houser.
JUNGTA IV Special Edition Item Images
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 10:20 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
JUNUK Pre-Order for GTA IV Special Edition
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 09:10 AM MDT | By ash_735
With the recent news and images for GTAIV Special Edition some of you might be wondering where you can pre-order this. For people in the UK, you can now pre-order this nice bundle from Play.com which also shows its price tag of £69.99. Here are the links...
[ PlayStation 3 Version | Xbox360 Version ]
JUNYahoo! Games GTA IV Content: Day Three Coverage
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 01:15 PM MDT | By ash_735
Today's update on Yahoo!'s coverage is a exclusive interview with Grand Theft Auto creator Dan Houser. There isn't much new information in this interview but Dan explains his vision for GTA IV and little bits about Niko's past. Read GTA IV: Interview with Rockstar Games
JUNTwo New Screenshots
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 02:21 PM MDT | By Slim Trashman
Check out these two brand new screenshots straight from the official GTA IV site:
Check out the duffel bag in the second screenshot. This is pure speculation, but maybe you store weapons in the duffel bag, which you then place into the trunk. It fits in with the theme of new realism (how does he carry so many weapons?), and also makes sense why a duffel bag is included in the Special Edition.
Edit: Quite mysteriously, the first screenshot above (on the left) has been removed from the official Grand Theft Auto IV site. Assume it was removed because obviously, it was an earlier development screenshot if you look carefully. However, the screenshot is only not displayed on the site, not actually removed. You can still view it here: Click To View
JUNYahoo! Games GTA IV Site Launch
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 03:11 PM MDT | By ash_735
Yahoo! Games have got around to fully launching their own GTA IV site which includes game details, reviews and previews, summaries and a countdown to the launch of the second trailer. Check it out Here.
JUNXbox Live GTA IV Content
Grand Theft Auto IV - General News | @ 04:29 PM MDT | By Kodo
According to a Microsoft press release today, there will be some love for Xbox Live. One hour after the 2nd trailer is released on the official GTA IV site and Yahoo! Games (12pm EDT) tomorrow, it will also be released on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace at 1pm EDT/10am PST. To celebrate this, Live subscribers will have access to a 360 Dashboard Theme and Gamer Pictures for GTA IV. Whether or not these will be free is yet to be known. More details as they become available.
To celebrate the release of the second trailer, you can also download exclusive Grand Theft Auto IV theme and gamer pics from Marketplace.
Login to GTAGaming
Not a GTAGaming member yet?
Sign up now!
Total Members: 195,738
1 Online, 772 Guests
Grand Theft Auto Zones
|About RSS IRC Archives Upload Feedback Affiliation Legal Staff Contact Join|
|Home GTA V IV CW VCS LCS SA VC III Top Down Files Forums|