Old 05-22-2008   #1
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

cyanide2029 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question about the version of gta

Just wondering, i have the new version of gta, and yes i cant use mods, but i was just wondering if there was a patch out or a way around the new version blocking mods, im assuming there is but not entirely sure.

Can someone update me on it or give me a link to something that would help me out a lil. cheers.
cyanide2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #2
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Which GTA are you on about? The latest? As in, GTA IV, or San Andreas?

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #3
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

GTA SA.

I tried the mods and they didnt work so i thought i would look back on the guide to see what the deal is, and at the bottom it says something like "if you have bought the game recently you have the new version on SA and the mods wont work"
Old 05-23-2008   #4
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
yeah i believe the disabled mods after the hot coffee thing.

since you own the game i think its LEGAL to torrent down the original version and thats sure to work.

good luck
Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Intel P965

-780 point(s) from 193 reps (59 positive, 121 negative, 13 neutral lol
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008   #5
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

hmm, i would rather not wait that long for it to DL lol.

I thought there would be a simple patch to fix it. Like with alot of games you can replace a couple of dlls and the exe and you get the full version or enable 2 people using the same version of a game to go online if its disabled like wow.

Well thats that im hoping for lol.
Old 05-23-2008   #6
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakenz View Post
yeah i believe the disabled mods after the hot coffee thing.

since you own the game i think its LEGAL to torrent down the original version and thats sure to work.

good luck
It's not legal to download the original version of the game, because strictly speaking, they're two totally separate games. It'd be like downloading Half Life 1 because you own Half Life 2.

I'm not entirely sure about the legality of this option either, but there is a patch that'll allow you to downgrade to the earlier version of the game. Just do a google search for 'San Andreas downgrader patch' and see what comes up.

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008   #7
cyanide2029
Newbie Member

thanks heaps man, ill try it out now
Old 05-24-2008   #8
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide2029 View Post
thanks heaps man, ill try it out now
http://grandtheftauto.filefront.com/...74661x#1121295

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI
Nite is offline   Reply With Quote