Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
"Games for Windows"?

I received an email from Petrus at GTACrew.net regarding an image discovered on RapidShare Games (RapidGames) displaying the GTA IV box art with the "Games for Windows" bar placed at the top. Now I do highly doubt this really points to any realistic confirmation of any future release of GTA IV on PC (as this is something that could easily be Photoshopped), but I thought I might as well share this with you all. The download from this site is for the third trailer, "Move up, ladies".

Click image to view download page (scroll down)

Old 02-10-2008   #2
xXSoldierXx
Shoot 'em up!

xXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enough
Haa.. Cool, nice find. But Yeah very most likely fake. :/
Old 02-10-2008   #3
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
It just leaves hope for those PC gamers.
Old 02-10-2008   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Definately a fake.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008   #5
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Well, I hope R* rips the whole site for spreading this fake, because I really hate Rapidshare!

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #6
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Well regardless of the fact its a fake, I am pretty sure GTA IV *will* be a Games for Windows in the coming year.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #7
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Are there still new PC games being released as "PC DVD", or are they all "Games for Windows"?

Last edited by ZCAB; 02-11-2008 at 08:12 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #8
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
The former, but more and more GFW are coming out.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #9
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
And I'm sick and tired of people complaining about having to upgrade a PC.
Learn to live with not running a game at maximum settings and a ten digit resolution for once. Replacing your PC every five years and upgrading your graphics card and RAM somewhere halfway is enough to comfortably be a PC gamer.

EDIT: Phil, gg deleting your post.

Last edited by ZCAB; 02-12-2008 at 01:15 AM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #10
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
I received an email from Petrus at GTACrew.net regarding an image discovered on RapidShare Games (RapidGames) displaying the GTA IV box art with the "Games for Windows" bar placed at the top. Now I do highly doubt this really points to any realistic confirmation of any future release of GTA IV on PC (as this is something that could easily be Photoshopped), but I thought I might as well share this with you all. The download from this site is for the third trailer, "Move up, ladies".

Click image to view download page (scroll down)

NOOO!!! Anything with games for windows on it sucks. Microsoft wants you to register, you can't really reinstall the game, online play is hard to use. GRR! I hate games for windows. That better be fake (then again, I'm getting GTA IV for xbox 360)
Old 02-11-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Games for Windows is just a logo, afaik. It has nothing to do with the game contents.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #12
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Wink

Well Slim Trashman, in the answer I got from Rockstar about when GTA-IV would be released, they said that it was coming, this was last year, and they mentioned only the PS, Xbox, and didn't know when it was coming out for PC, however, they didn't say that it would "not," be coming out for PC, so who knows. I have heard that the game is already in some stores stock for release in March or April, here in the states, don't know how true that is. I do like your photo of the box, and do hope it is real. ARE YOU LISTENING ROCKSTAR!!!! PC PC PC PC PC PC PC think PC
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #13
Jakenz
Neg rep me please i need the most

Jakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these partsJakenz is infamous around these parts
games for windows sux, i think bioshock was on it and it made it so u could instal it like 5 times then the cd key was fucked. its ful of annoying shit like that.

this picture? a fake no dout, but i would bid on gta iv beingon games for windows because MS has been very close with them reguarding it on 360.

as for upgrading pcs upgrade graphics every 2-3 years everything else 4, i think my current setup will play gta 4 at least on med if not high, one things for sure the 8800GT is much more powerfull than the PS3 and 360s GPUs by 4x.
Jakenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #14
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Talking Upgrading and/or replacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCAB View Post
And I'm sick and tired of people complaining about having to upgrade a PC.
Learn to live with not running a game at maximum settings and a ten digit resolution for once. Replacing your PC every five years and upgrading your graphics card and RAM somewhere halfway is enough to comfortably be a PC gamer.

EDIT: Phil, gg deleting your post.
I'm with you, the two machines I had before these I put together myself, and just added DSL to one, put a larger hard drive in both, added 1gb of memory in one, and that was it for just over five years. If it wasn't for putting in some overtime on a couple jobs, I could not have gotten these two Compaq/HP machines, NO WAY! I can't see when some people that have only had a computer for a year, replace it, and they "just have to" get a new monitor, when the one they have will handle things very well. Some just have more money that good sense. These machines will be here for at LEAST five years, although I am thinking about a better graphics card for one of them. The monitors stay.

I didn't know that games for windows was not the regular issue.

Do hope that GTA-IV doesn't lag too long for the PC's.

Last edited by Old Timer; 02-14-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #15
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
Think the MTA team or MP team will still work with it? cuz it doesn't sound like rockstar is going to offer the large room size SAMP did.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote