Old 02-14-2008   #1
SBW
Newbie Member

SBW is an unknown quantity at this point
Will We See A Demo?

Apologies if this has already been asked but will a demo come out? Be it in a 360 or PS3 magazine.

What are your thoughts of one coming out/not coming out?
SBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #2
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I'd bet my life on it you wouldn't. May seem unfortunate, but think of it this way. Would it be more exciting to play the game for the first time having already played a demo, or never playing it at all before?

Basically, it kills the hype, which as badly as we want to play GTA IV as soon as possible, building up as much hype as possible then playing it, makes for a much better first experience.
Old 02-14-2008   #3
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
The reason for them not to make a demo is if someone dosent like the demo then they would problary not get the game but i wouldn't care i would still get it.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking12 View Post
The reason for them not to make a demo is if someone dosent like the demo then they would problary not get the game but i wouldn't care i would still get it.
Anyone who tries the demo (if there is one) will definately being buying a copy of the game.
The main reason Rockstar won't be making a demo is like Slim said. It will kill the hype of the game and the experience of playing it for the first time.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking12 View Post
That could also be true, but the funny thing is, a demo could apply the opposite effect as well. While developers could risk their profits by putting out a demo of their games if the player feedback is negative, therefore, losing customers, there's also the chance that it would satisfy anyone who had already been tracking the game and players who were just trying out the demo to see what the game was like, may give positive feedback and choose to purchase the full game upon release.

Basically, demos can help or hurt you. Some developers choose to completely forget the idea of a demo to ensure no one can be disappointed pre-release and have an effect on their decision on whether or not to purchase the game, and negatively effect sales and profit.

I would definitely argue against the thought of negative feedback for a Grand Thef Auto demo, though
Old 02-14-2008   #6
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't play it if it were out.

Any true GTA fan, as well as developers as you can see, know its about that first experience in the new game.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #7
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
Absolutely Baleent. Also, it would complete destroy the atmosphere. GTA is made to be somewhere where there is no limits. If a demo comes out, they can't give you the whole map can they?
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008   #8
AC87
$Money Maker$

AC87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its going to kill the experience, I think what they should do at least is show us gameplay videos already!!

Gamertag: HarlemAC87
Current MP Ranks: Call Of Duty 4 (Prestige 1 - Level 55),Halo 3 (Commander), R6Vegas (Private Second Class)
AC87 is offline   Reply With Quote