Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008   #1
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Owning Businesses?

In Vice City I really liked how you can own businesses like the Print Works and Malibu Club and how they had actual seperate missions with videos but I don't understand why it didn't return in San Andreas. I think it would have been even better for places such as CJ's garage and maybe taking over Jizzy's club and to have missions.

Who thinks it would be a good idea for that to return in the game?
Old 01-28-2008   #2
swallowed

swallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really niceswallowed is just really nice
Hmmm, I read somewhere that in GTA IV, you don't get rich like the previous protagonist's. I thought it said a while ago that it was a rags to better rags (or something along that line), so if you had several businesses across Liberty than I think you would get a lot of money.

Unless, you mean that you get assets for certain things you do for places. For example, in San Andreas you would get an asset for doing Valet Parking or doing the bike missions for Hippie Shopper..
swallowed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #3
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
What about romans taxi hub maybe after you complete his missions at the start get like 20k to 40k then maybe buy his just an idea.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I think that this won't be returning, but I hope you and Roman get to do some missions together for the Taxi Hub. That's how the game will probably start of and Niko will start to make his connections.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #5
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
I think thats actually good if there are missions for Romans taxi hub, I hope they add missions like those again.
Old 01-28-2008   #6
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
This is really out there, but it'd be cool if (for the sake of adding more outcomes to the game + wicked replay value) you could spend time driving around the city and find a place for rent in a good location with rent in your budget and buy the place. You then could open a business of choice (maybe you could choose from anything like clothing to automotive) and then customize it (design clothing, create cool wheels, etc.) and manage it (sales, employees, etc.) and see where it takes you. You could even make it where the store can get robbed and vandalized if it's in a bad area of town. I think it'd be fun...

I may be getting a little too detailed, but I could see my self enjoying putting some time into a business on a rainy weekend. It could make you some extra cash too...or you could crash and burn... =p

Just a crazy idea that'll never happen, lmao. I should just go buy mall tycoon...jk.

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #7
C-Bullets
Playboy X

Yeah that's creative but to have that much detail that would pretty much be a game inside a game. Mall tycoon isn't a bad idea until this game comes out though. lol
Old 01-28-2008   #8
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Grand Theft Auto IV: Business Expansion Pack

Old 01-28-2008   #9
C-Bullets
Playboy X

Extra chapter maybe?
Old 01-29-2008   #10
Gotadime

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bullets View Post
Yeah that's creative but to have that much detail that would pretty much be a game inside a game. Mall tycoon isn't a bad idea until this game comes out though. lol
True. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam Trigger View Post
Haha, that would be hilarious. Knowing EA, we'd probably sue R* for stealing our Sims Expansion Pack idea, lol. I'm kidding...I want to keep my job... =p

Old 01-30-2008   #11
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

I didn't know expansion packs were an exclusive idea for the sims.

Old 01-30-2008   #12
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Vacation? Rush Hour? Bustin out? Hot Date? Makin Magic? yeah, NO. Funny though

I believe we will be able to own businesses, but in a much different way then we have seen before.
Old 01-30-2008   #13
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I loved owning business in vcs the money would come to you and more and you could upgrade you business very fun.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #14
Gotadime

Quote:
I didn't know expansion packs were an exclusive idea for the sims.
As far as EA is concerned, they are. lmao.

Old 01-31-2008   #15
bennifer3000

bennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enoughbennifer3000 will become famous soon enough
I didn't care for Vice City Storie's Empire Building stuff. Maybe if they made 1 very focused thing in GTA IV that you had to build that'd be fine, but I want to do some killing and driving not Sims-type stuff like picking out tables and hiring the right people.