Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008   #1
cstead
Banned
Banned

cstead is on a distinguished roadcstead is on a distinguished roadcstead is on a distinguished road
Huge GTAIV Feature you may have missed

Hi Guys,

During the explosion of GTAIV articles that came out last week, you may have missed this in-depth 10 page feature at gameplayer.

I'm sure every journo was shown the same demo, but given the type of game this is, every article will have noticed different things.
cstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #2
AC87
$Money Maker$

AC87 is an unknown quantity at this point
"As we round a corner on an elevated freeway, the target’s car – severely damaged at this point – clips an oncoming truck throwing it at a right angle across Niko’s path just before it explodes. With nowhere to go Niko barrels through the cloud of flame, smoke and debris which does enough damage to his weakened car to cause it to explode too - in mid-air and at full speed no less. In a last grasp at life Niko is flung from the car, flying through the air onto the freeway wall. He rolls along this a few times before plummeting off the edge onto the ground below with Euphoria in full swing. "

WOW, I can't wait for this game.
AC87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #3
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Very detailed, very awesome. Euphoria should be mandatory for every game. Nice find!
Old 01-31-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
I like that little detail, instead of the Radio Station names, you now cycle through the Logos instead! Giving you that all important modern day commercial radio feel.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #5
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Is the game ready right now, like, as we speak? Because I don't think I can wait another couple of months
Old 01-31-2008   #6
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, "GTAIV has passed the OFLC uncut", does look like the game is now done.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
FUCK SAKE LET'S GO GET IT THEN!

Scrolling through logos sounds cool, I'd expect to see that for phone radio though. The pause menu in previous GTA's have always displayed the logos.
Old 01-31-2008   #8
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman View Post
FUCK SAKE LET'S GO GET IT THEN!

Scrolling through logos sounds cool, I'd expect to see that for phone radio though. The pause menu in previous GTA's have always displayed the logos.
I agree, we should find out where they are keeping the copies and break into that place, and then take them all. We have been waiting toooooo long for this, its not even febuary yet

I wish I was this kid
http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/makeawish.asp
Old 01-31-2008   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
There won't be any copies thief. ;P

As some of the previews said, from now on it's all finalising things, testing, bug fixing, lip syncing and such.

Nice read though.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
I agree, we should find out where they are keeping the copies and break into that place, and then take them all. We have been waiting toooooo long for this, its not even febuary yet

I wish I was this kid
Oh my God. The only time no one will like a kid with leukemia.
Old 01-31-2008   #11
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Great find, Some good information in this article.
Old 01-31-2008   #12
AC87
$Money Maker$

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post

I wish I was this kid
WOW!! You know that kid REALLY got everything he wanted when he had Darth Vader, Jack Sparrow, and Johnny Damon all in the same room with him. If i ever get that kids parents number I will demand at least a demo of GTAIV to satisfy me until april.

More like Luckyemia.....

My sad attempt at humor.
Old 01-31-2008   #13
xXSoldierXx
Shoot 'em up!

xXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enoughxXSoldierXx will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the Link dude.
Old 01-31-2008   #14
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Great find man, love the features.
Old 01-31-2008   #15
AC87
$Money Maker$

Just noticed that video with the make a wish foundation is a spoof. O.o