Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2008   #1
LoweJR2007
Newbie Member

LoweJR2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Downloadable Content (NOT Another exclusivity post)

Hey, I know that I'm low in rank, and posts, but I come here and read everyday(silently waiting for a good time to speak, with something productive to say). Anyway I'm not stupid enought to make another post about the Xbox360 Eclusive content without any new information (or even a new rumor for that matter)

Anyway, to the point, Most games that have DLC have quite afew things to choose from. I was just wondering if anyone else had been speculating as to what, if any, other DLC GTA IV will have. Personally, I would like to see afew things in the game as possible add-ons if they are not included in the game:

1) Reminiscent of GTA San Andreas, with the game console in the living room of the Johnson House, and the arcade machines all over the place, I think that should include GTA 1 and GTA 2 in the game. From what I understand, some people have an online petition for the classics to go to xbox live marketplace, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one here that thinks the games are overdue. Unlike the GTA III, Vice City and SA, the three top down games never made the transition to the original xbox. They would be an interesting addition and way to waste time. They would be better suited on xbox live arcade, though. And you have to wonder if this may be a good time to put them on,to coincide with the GTA IV release. They could probably get alot of paid downloads for them, even though they are available for downloads on the PC FREE from rockstar. People would "impulse buy" the downloads, just because they were finally available, and as an added gta experience (especially for those who started their love affair with GTA on GTA III, and never played any of the originals.

2) Taking another page from the "playbook" from San Andreas, would be a better basketball mini game. I know pool is definitely back in, and you can do activities with prospective friends, and employers. Even though I'm not sure if Basketball will be back in, If it was I would like a less stiff, and less lonely basketball mini game. I know with GTA hoopin it up isn't a priority, but if it is added in, it can be thousands times better than the crap that was in San Andreas. Let's not forget that Rockstar shares the parent company of 2K Sports (In my opinion, the far better sports developers. I'm really not a fan of EA) Anyway, it would be cool, if it was in, but I would cry if it wasn't. Just another time killer.

3) I made a post a while back replying to some Ideas about vigilante possibilities. I wont post them again but here's a like to the thread.

Anyway those are just afew ideas. Most games that have DLC have like 6 or more items, and I'd like to see any of these things in a possible list. I seriously doubt that the exclusive content would be the only options. Anyway I thrive off of comments, so tell me what you think. Am I a genius, or just an idiot?
LoweJR2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #2
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
I have a feeling that the DLC is more along the lines of a pack of new missions and possibly some new content (cars/clothes/etc).
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #3
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Same here. I'm not expecting anything really exciting.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #4
Gotadime
The Genovese Family www.GTAIVMafia.com

Gotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enoughGotadime will become famous soon enough
Well, new cars and clothing can be exciting...lol. They had a Santa Suit for Saints Row...

^ Xbox 360 Multiplayer Crew - Join Us Today! ^
F8 Media | Experience Apollo
XBL Gamertag: Knight125
Gotadime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #5
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
new cars would be cool, cloths i really dont care about, maybe new side missions or more htigns to find would be interesting.

you can buy all 3 of the first GTA's (gta, gta2, london) for $10 for PC. The mini games were cool but some of em seemed boring after a few minutes. it would still be cool to play GTA in GTA tho. what if in the future u could play GTA in GTA in GTA!?!?!?
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #6
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
GTA in GTA in GTA??? wtf? That would be weird.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #7
scott
....whuuuut?

scott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud ofscott has much to be proud of
Well, considering GTAI and II are free to download..why would anyone pay for them?