Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2008   #1
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
IGN Article on Fighting system

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/848/848094p1.html

PS. IGN seems continuing the IV coverage for 2nd consecutive week, makes sense.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
That was an awesome acticle. Nice find Asif.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #3
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Thanks for posting this Asif.

Quote:
in terms of combat GTA IV almost has more in common with Gears of War than it does with San Andreas.
This game is getting better every day.

Overall Rockstar have certainly put a lot of thought into the combat system.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #4
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Great Post, I can't give you rep right now but I'll try later.
Old 01-29-2008   #5
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Main Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
It appears IGN Australia had more to say after its hour-long preview of Grand Theft Auto IV than what was initially reported last week. While the first report focused mainly on the Euphoria physics engine, this second report elaborates on GTA's new and improved combat system which, IGN states, "almost has more in common with Gears of War than it does with San Andreas."

The following are some of the main features stressed in the report:

Intuitive trigger-based lock-on system with the ability to move from target to target or make subtle changes to aim for different body parts (which can, of course, be disabled for a greater challenge)

Agile movement for quick reflexes ("Niko was able to turn in a split second to take out a cop that stepped out of a car right behind him," IGN reports)

Dynamic aiming while driving (aim for the tires!)

Pistols, uzis, and grenades can all be used while driving, albeit without the help of a lock-on system

Ability to slide into cover behind large objects, quickly move to and from cover locations, lean from cover to attack an enemy, and throw grenades from cover with relative accuracy
Thats a short discricption.
Old 01-29-2008   #6
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Nice find Asif! I always thought the combat was a little weak in GTA games (well in GTAIII I was alright with it because that was good at the time), but when it got to San Andreas, it was just a bit too outdated... I'm looking forward to this overhaul.

Also when you have news like this, if you don't want to write up a news post, PM somebody else on the staff about it so we can get it on the homepage

Lile23: that writing... it looks... ODDLY FAMILIAR! I think a brilliant man wrote it.
Old 01-29-2008   #7
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by rappo View Post
Nice find Asif! I always thought the combat was a little weak in GTA games (well in GTAIII I was alright with it because that was good at the time), but when it got to San Andreas, it was just a bit too outdated... I'm looking forward to this overhaul.

Also when you have news like this, if you don't want to write up a news post, PM somebody else on the staff about it so we can get it on the homepage

Lile23: that writing... it looks... ODDLY FAMILIAR! I think a brilliant man wrote it.
Lol, I got it off the mainpage just trying to make a short cut for those who cant access the IGN site.
Old 01-30-2008   #8
silverskull_86
Newbie Member

silverskull_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can use grenades while driving, does that mean that if we're chasing somebody in a car, with a vehicle of our own, that we can shoot out the window and throw a greande onto their backseat?

It certainly creates many possibilities in the realm of combat.
silverskull_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #9
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskull_86 View Post
If you can use grenades while driving, does that mean that if we're chasing somebody in a car, with a vehicle of our own, that we can shoot out the window and throw a greande onto their backseat?

It certainly creates many possibilities in the realm of combat.
It's not quite as easy as you think...
Quote:
Grenades! Understandably, however, there's no lock-on system for targeting while driving
So you might actually do it with a bit of luck.

Welcome to the GTAGaming Forums, hope you nJoy your stay and please read the rules if you have not yet done so.

I know you registered last July, but this is your first post.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008   #10
silverskull_86
Newbie Member

silverskull_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Clansman:. View Post
It's not quite as easy as you think...

So you might actually do it with a bit of luck.

Welcome to the GTAGaming Forums, hope you nJoy your stay and please read the rules if you have not yet done so.

I know you registered last July, but this is your first post.
I never said it would be easy, but hopefully we can pull off such a manouver from time to time, with a bit of luck.

And thanks for the welcome.
silverskull_86 is offline   Reply With Quote