View Poll Results: Playboy X is
...really Carl Johnson from San Andreas 0 0%
...not his real name, but he's not CJ 8 72.73%
...really named Playboy X ingame 3 27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2008   #1
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Question Playboy X

...is not his real name. Seriously, wtf kind of name is "Playboy X"? It sounds to me like a pseudonym for a character they don't want to name yet. Why would they keep only this guy's name a secret? I have a theory, but I know I'll get flak. Ah, who cares.

Playboy X is Carl Johnson. Before you reply, go here and read the conversation, imagining CJ's voice where it says Playboy X.

Discuss (and vote)...

Last edited by phexitol; 01-24-2008 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: misnamed poll option
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
I don't think its his real name, but that is all we will probably know him as in GTA IV. I expect he will be a lot like Jizzy B.
There is no way he could be CJ.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #3
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
That last option was meant to be "what he's called in the game", but I can't change it. I agree, his real name is most certainly not Playboy X, even if that is what he's called by everyone in the game. I just think Playboy X sounds too weird for a GTA character's name/alias (except for maybe a phone mission boss that we never meet in person).
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Like I said before. I expect it will be just a pimp name like Jizzy B. From what I've read about him, I think he will be a pimp.
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I would guess it's just his nickname or what he is known as. "Big Smoke" and "Sweet" were not those characters real names so I imagine this is a similar situation.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #6
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Looking at this picture, I believe Playboy X isn't black. So I don't think its CJ. That is if either of those guys are PX.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #7
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I imagine him to be someone as Jizzy B. but more ruthless.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #8
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorRichardsFanatic View Post
Looking at this picture, I believe Playboy X isn't black. So I don't think its CJ. That is if either of those guys are PX.
In the Computer and Videogames preview it was confirmed that Playboy X was the character who says, "sup, money" in the third trailer.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #9
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Who-ever he is, I think I'll keep close contact with him in game.

Successful guys with the 'hood spirit' are mad crazy lol
You don't want to be on his wrong side!
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #10
RockForLight

RockForLight is on a distinguished roadRockForLight is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim View Post
In the Computer and Videogames preview it was confirmed that Playboy X was the character who says, "sup, money" in the third trailer.
yes, alot of people were thinking it was Lil Jacob saying that. I even think i read it on a few websites that had reviews of the trailer.

In one preview I read (forgot wich one) it said that Jacob has a really thick Jamaican accent , so i dont think weve seen or heard him in action yet ( besides that one photo).

Maybe Playboy X's name is Xavier.

Last edited by RockForLight; 01-24-2008 at 10:02 AM..
RockForLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #11
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Maybe playboy x is the person Nico was searching for when he was trying to find some one in the 2 trailer??
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #12
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to beholdCutts is a splendid one to behold
Actually, I think Nico was talking to Playboy X when he said "Were all looking for that Special someone".
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #13
smoking12
Banned
Banned

Yea i think that was him and want to keep his name secret for know and it said he a mansion some were maybe X betrayed nico in russia or something we will find out soon enough.
Old 01-24-2008   #14
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Niko met Playboy-X around the middle of the game, and according to the preview, he was still looking for someone as the 3rd mission (which happens to be at the end of the game) on the demo indicated.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #15
smoking12
Banned
Banned

I guess we will have to see then it could be anyone he is searching for.