Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you like to see Military time again or regular time
military 14 66.67%
Regular 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2008   #1
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
clock/time same or different

So we all know that every gta has gone by military time. Would you like to see a change to regular time ex. 12,1,2,3 or just keep the military time going on how it is.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #2
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I love me some military time.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I prefer the 12-hour clock more in real-life, but I don't mind the military time.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #4
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Erm, "Military" is normal time for most other countries. The game is made in the UK "Scotland to be exact) where "Military" time is standard. I never got why people prefer the AM/PM clocks, "Military" time is more to the point. Sadly, there was a thread like thison another forum, and the sad thing I kept seeing was that people didn't like "Military" time because it was confusing!
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'd stick with Military.
Old 01-20-2008   #6
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't military 0000 as opposed to 00:00?
Old 01-20-2008   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
As far as i know it is, but it's the only other thing i can vote for

edit:
http://www.spacearchive.info/military.htm
Old 01-20-2008   #8
Thundercracker

Hm.. I prefer 00:00 format, which isn't "military."

GTA has never used military time.
Old 01-20-2008   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Isn't military 0000 as opposed to 00:00?
Nope, midnight is still 00:00 here, it's just when it goes past 12pm, where AM/PM would be 01:00pm, ours would be 13:00, and would carry on like that, so like 19:30 is 07:30pm.
Old 01-20-2008   #10
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
00:00 time is Bosnian time clock, I would like real life time 12,1,2.
Old 01-20-2008   #11
Thundercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Nope, midnight is still 00:00 here, it's just when it goes past 12pm, where AM/PM would be 01:00pm, ours would be 13:00, and would carry on like that, so like 19:30 is 07:30pm.
Let me clarify; is military 1300 instead of 13:00? Does it not use a colon?
Old 01-20-2008   #12
Ash_735

We use a colon as standard over here.
Old 01-20-2008   #13
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Ya, military time is a variant of the 24-Hrs clock, excluding the colon.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #14
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin View Post
Let me clarify; is military 1300 instead of 13:00? Does it not use a colon?
Like "Recon at 0800 hours" yeah, Ash is referring to the Standard 24-Hour clock. Which is what I hope GTA IV is.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #15
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735 View Post
Erm, "Military" is normal time for most other countries. The game is made in the UK "Scotland to be exact) where "Military" time is standard. I never got why people prefer the AM/PM clocks, "Military" time is more to the point. Sadly, there was a thread like thison another forum, and the sad thing I kept seeing was that people didn't like "Military" time because it was confusing!
I agree, because a confused persom could be looking at a clock that says 7:00 and the sun is very low, confusing time