Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Can we swim on GTA: IV?
Yes 13 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2008   #1
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

SA BMX 64 can only hope to improve
Swimming

Can we swim on GTA IV?
Post and vote your opinions here.
Old 01-19-2008   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If they don't include Swimming that will be the biggest step-back ever.

It's pretty much mandatory after San Andreas had it. And i suppose VCS and LCS also had swimming.
Old 01-19-2008   #3
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
If they don't include Swimming that will be the biggest step-back ever.

It's pretty much mandatory after San Andreas had it. And i suppose VCS and LCS also had swimming.
LCS=NO
VCS=YES

They might, no wait, they will, why would they make a city the size of SA with lots of waterways and not have you swiming, really, it makes no sense.
Old 01-19-2008   #4
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
LCS=NO
VCS=YES

They might, no wait, they will, why would they make a city the size of SA with lots of waterways and not have you swiming, really, it makes no sense.
Well, do you vote in yes or no?
Old 01-19-2008   #5
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
I don't want swimming to be too comfortable, though. The Hudson's not exactly a place for recreational swimming.
Old 01-19-2008   #6
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
agreed, but say you crash your car into the water, you want to be able to get out and swim back to land, instead of die

Old 01-19-2008   #7
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BMX 32 View Post
Well, do you vote in yes or no?
You're asking can we swim, which I don't know the answer! When I find out, I will vote, but your poll question is based on fact, not an opinion or guess!
Old 01-19-2008   #8
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyworton View Post
You're asking can we swim, which I don't know the answer! When I find out, I will vote, but your poll question is based on fact, not an opinion or guess!
It's the opinions, whoops!!!
Old 01-19-2008   #9
Charger
<.>

Charger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished road
It was confirmed back in July, So its in GTA IV.
Old 01-19-2008   #10
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
It was confirmed back in July, So its in GTA IV.
whats this related to swimming?
Old 01-19-2008   #11
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
I think swimming has been confirmed multiple times in previews. Usually just hints at it. But why would they have made the water so deep and detailed if you die the second you fall in? Yeah, I know, boats. But it'd be kind of lame to take such a step back.

With all the realism they're trying to put in, having a badass motherfucker like a GTA protagonist drowning to death in seconds because he can't swim would be... going in the wrong direction.
Old 01-19-2008   #12
Moderate Airbender

Ah yes, I remember asking this same question, but it was at a more appropriate time.

http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90947
Old 01-19-2008   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BMX 32 View Post
whats this related to swimming?

If your topic was based on a poll ; Will there be swimming? and he happens to come in and tell you it was confirmed multiple times or ages ago, or maybe there were hints on it.

Then using logic one would assume he was discussing the topic you posted.
Old 01-19-2008   #14
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan View Post
If your topic was based on a poll ; Will there be swimming? and he happens to come in and tell you it was confirmed multiple times or ages ago, or maybe there were hints on it.

Then using logic one would assume he was discussing the topic you posted.
Yeah, I know I've made a mistake.
Old 01-19-2008   #15
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Rockstar were packing the realism into this game. If Niko drowns in two feet of water that's pretty unrealistic. Swimming's in for the rest of GTA's life.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Closed Thread