Old 01-20-2008   #1
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
new info?

From German mag

Quote:
- You can now target different Bodyparts of your victim when you aim at him with a gun. He will now react realistically, depending where he has been hit. (for example, shoot him in the leg to show him you mean it)

- When you go to a bus stop, the time table will show up.

- Niko moves around Liberty City in 3 different speeds: Walking, Jogging or Running

- Rockstar will use the Euphoria Engine, known from "Star Wars: The Force unleashed". Result: Every Explosion looks different.

- Enemies that have been hit may still try to get up again and attack you (i imagine this like the last stand feature in CoD 4)

- pedestrians have a memory. they remember your face when they saw you doing a criminal act and run away in terror whenever they see you again.

- your wanted level does not depend on what you are doing (for example, killing someone in a back alley in san andreas with absolutely no witnesses would still earn you a wanted star), but on who is watching. so prepare for some sam-fisher-like actions for a minimal wanted star level smile.gif

- the multiplayer will be activated via the cell phone. they dont know anything about the multiplayer modes but there will be up to 16 players possible. yet you should not expect a gta iv world of warcraft.
source: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=307896
Old 01-20-2008   #2
SA BMX 64
Banned
Banned

SA BMX 64 can only hope to improve
Jogging?
SA BMX 64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #3
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
It's all already been known for a while i'm afriad.

@SA BMX 32 : Post more than one word, you are on your last legs just now.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #4
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
#5 and #7 I have never heard of. Else are already covered.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #5
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Well, I certainly didn't know that enemies respond to being hit in certain areas.
Himuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #6
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
- You can now target different Bodyparts of your victim when you aim at him with a gun. He will now react realistically, depending where he has been hit. (for example, shoot him in the leg to show him you mean it)
Kind of like the system The Godfather had?

Quote:
- Rockstar will use the Euphoria Engine, known from "Star Wars: The Force unleashed". Result: Every Explosion looks different.
Don't really mind that, but i want to be sure Ragdolls will be amazing.
Quote:
- pedestrians have a memory. they remember your face when they saw you doing a criminal act and run away in terror whenever they see you again.
Will be interesting to see once the game is out, killing spree's will have a big effect.
Quote:
- your wanted level does not depend on what you are doing (for example, killing someone in a back alley in san andreas with absolutely no witnesses would still earn you a wanted star), but on who is watching. so prepare for some sam-fisher-like actions for a minimal wanted star level smile.gif
Finally, some more detail on this! I love stealth killing or finding ways to take out the target with no witnesses.
Old 01-20-2008   #7
John JJ

John JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura aboutJohn JJ has a spectacular aura about

This one is new to me.
Old 01-20-2008   #8
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Great info. If peds have a memory, could that mean that they could attack you if they see you again? Like, some people will run away, others will attack you or call the cops?

@SA BMX 32: Jogging has always been in GTA: move the joystick slightly forward and you walk, fully forward to jog and tap X to run.
Old 01-20-2008   #9
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Cool, I think this begins the flood of new Previews. I like the inclusion of the "Last Stand" kind of stuff, And Peds having memories? I didn't realise the extent of the AI Overhaul.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #10
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
As WiM said, Walking/Jogging/Running has always been in GTA since GTAIII, most people just Jog most of the time and sometimes Sprint when they need to, no-one uses walking that much.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #11
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
Wasn't that this wednesday that something would be released? It has been a while since something exciting has come along.

Since you can shoot people in different places, you could shoot them in their legs so they would fall on the ground. Shoot someone in his foot and he'd jump around.
Old 01-20-2008   #12
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
You could make people losing their hand/leg/head by shooting at these parts in GTA III, it was funny to watch their short-time reaction before they bled to death. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008   #13
WiM
All for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
You could make people losing their hand/leg/head by shooting at these parts in GTA III, it was funny to watch their short-time reaction before they bled to death. :p
Now that you mention it, it seems like that has disappeared...

I'm really looking forward to IV, I can hardly wait.
Old 01-20-2008   #14
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
The pedestrians having a memory is the only one new to me.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008   #15
BlackSilver65

BlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really niceBlackSilver65 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif View Post
Thats a little disturbing :-P
jk lol
But yeah i it was kinda interesting blowing off limbs, but i think they should leave that to soldier of fortune.
i don't think it has a place in gta iv
BlackSilver65 is offline   Reply With Quote