Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2007   #1
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Michael Pachter: IV sales over estimated?

So, the Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter seems to think that GTAIV wont "save" T2, and there wont be as many sales thats expected. I have a pretty good feeling that this guy is a total idiot.

http://kotaku.com/335823/pachter-gta...mmends-layoffs
Old 12-19-2007   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
It won't save T2. That is bullshit. This is one of the biggest games of the year and anyonewho has just a vague interest in GTA will buy the game.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #3
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Of course it will sell good. Has to sell better then Halo3 being multiplatform.
Old 12-19-2007   #4
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-reS
Of course it will sell good. Has to sell better then Halo3 being multiplatform.
The fact that it is multiplatform will increase sales immensly, and the fact that it is one of the most popular titles around will probably give its sales a big boost.

Old 12-20-2007   #5
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
Thats a bunch b/s, GTA is going to be Game of the YEAR(S) and it will sell more than any game out so far.
Old 12-21-2007   #6
Jonatron
Aversion to Movement

Jonatron is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, the only reasons you wouldnt get it is-

You do not own a PS3/X-Box360
You have parents who have read some bitch-ass report on game violence
you live on the streets or have otherwise lost access to a gaming console
you 'are not into' games. b/s.
you are screwed by regional coding
you are screwed by a underestimation of sales and cannot find a copy to purchase

Micheal Pachter needs alcohol, and to hang out on a gta forum for a while.
100% in LCS and SA and now VCS. GTAIII-31%(Missions Complete). Vice City, that game is tricky, But so-so cool. - Story Complete, now i need to play it through again and get 100%. All Packages, Paramedic, Vigilante complete 'In The Begining' Hell yeah.
Jonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #7
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Well to be fair, first off, These anaylists are full of shit, I wish I got piad to sit around and spout crap about games and make pointless and obvious predictions "The cheaper game will see well this christams" NO SHIT! Secondly, He does have a point, Halo 3 was A LOT more advertised compared to GTA's quiet approach. For Halo 3 we must of had like a years worthy of commercials throwing the game in our face so the public knew exactly when it would be out.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #8
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I think what we've got here is what Ash just pointed out. Although, without the multi-format option for the game i'm sure he'd be correct. This is just a financial estimation gone wrong, nothing more.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #9
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Neither party can prove anything until it's out. In all fairness, I'm not buying it when it comes out. It'll most likely sell well though. Still I'm not expecting great things.
Old 12-22-2007   #10
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
So, did this guy miss how much money Take2 made on BioShock? Take2 needing to be saved, my ass.
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #11
Ryder77
Newbie Member

Ryder77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I prefer that Rockstar only gives out a little bit of information that way we don't get disappointed if something is taken out and so that when we put the game in we see things we didn't know about and are shocked and its more pleasing then knowing every bit about the game. I would rather be messing around and do something they didn't announce because it would be more satisfying. And I don't know how he thinks this won't sell well because it has so many new elements that games have never even touched such as the internet, actual importance of your phone, storing weapons in you trunk, hot wiring, the list goes on.
Ryder77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #12
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
This guy obviously does not see the hype. One cannot make a blind guess, without knowing the facts! This game "will" be great. This game "will" sell.
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008   #13
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

The most famous title in the world is going next generation. This is history in the making.
GTA IV is going to be the game decade.

Old 01-07-2008   #14
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
It'd be tight if they only advertised it how they are and barely give us any info until the game is actually here.

I have an uneasy feeling this game might be more of a miss than a hit. Don't get me wrong, I'll still love the shit out of it, but I think they might get carried away with the realism or somethin.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #15
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

I don't think so. Rockstar haved learned there lesson from including eating food and working out in SA. Certain things needed more realism while in other areas the realism needed to be dropped. I'm expecting Rockstar should get it right this time.