Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2007   #1
zim

zim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished roadzim is on a distinguished road
Random thought.

We're all used to X or A being the accelerate button for gta. Do you guys think the accelerate button will change to the right trigger now? Both for xbox and ps? Every game I've played so far has the trigger for accelerate. Except Half Life 2.

Thoughts?
Old 12-18-2007   #2
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
Simple. No, it won't change.

Do you smell burning feathers?
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #3
Glanerd
:D

Glanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to allGlanerd is a name known to all
it wont because everyone is so used to it being the same throughout all of the GTA games
Old 12-18-2007   #4
victim

victim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond reputevictim has a reputation beyond repute
I won't really mind.

I wasn't looking forward to the introduction of mandatory analog stick use in San Andreas and now I don't use the d-pad. It's just one of those things that would take some time to get used to.

Also, the right trigger controller acceleration in the Xbox port of San Andreas.
victim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #5
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
I wasn't looking forward to use of the analog either in SA, but they actually pulled it off very well. I expect the controls to change on count of the new combat, and aiming systems.
Old 12-19-2007   #6
.LiLe.
Buggati Boy

.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of.LiLe. has much to be proud of
There won't be no change on my toughts, but I can't wait to play IV with 360, Im tired of playing it on the PS systems.
Old 12-19-2007   #7
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Here's another random thought: When the game finally comes out, and you have it in your hand, make a copy - if you can - to play from. Reason, there may be another version coming out after a while, look what happened to GTASA, now you can't find a Version 1 anywhere!
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #8
Reddyfire
Newbie Member

Reddyfire is on a distinguished roadReddyfire is on a distinguished road
There's no way to know for sure this is the first time GTA has been put on next gen consoles and Rockstar has not released any info on how the controls will be used.
Reddyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #9
DJ Nick
Hellloooo

DJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enoughDJ Nick will become famous soon enough
Even if they do put it on the triggers, they will have an option in the pause menu to change it back to X and A.
Old 12-19-2007   #10
Mousey

Mousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of light
you use right trigger on sa on xbox. Weird at first, but when you get used to it you wont go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
Back then it was "don't steal, don't yell, do good in school, respect other people", not "don't hump the floor son".
Mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
You use the right trigger on any racing game on Xbox (unless they offer alternate configurations). It would be weird for it not to make use of the triggers on both systems. If it did, you could play it on either system fine. Kind of a crazy thought.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #12
~Schwab
*smiles*

~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough~Schwab is a jewel in the rough
In most games, like Saints Row, they give you controller configuration options.

It won't really matter what the default configuration is to me.
~Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #13
Cutts
Omniscient
Addicted Member

Cutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud ofCutts has much to be proud of
I hope they give you the choice to alternate between the Right trigger and the A button.
Cutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #14
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
id want it on the triggers, alot more percise braking and accelerating. we all saw the 3rd trailer look how much the suspentions of cars dived . whem im tryign to run from the cops i want to gradually ease of the gas and brake otherwise its gonan spin. maybe thsi time the inside view of the cars will be realistic. when i play SA with the inside view it feels liek a gokart its so stiff and bouncy. and from liek 100mph to full brakes the front drops like 2 inches...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007   #15
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Supposedly, the controls are different. I'm hoping they don't involve using the triggers to accelerate/brake because I don't like that. Customizable control layouts would be a nice addition, actually.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote