Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2007   #1
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
New Domain - www.gta4forums.net

So, I bought a new domain today. It's a direct portal to our GTAIV forums. It's about time we had a direct link to the forums to make it easier for the people who don't even notice we have forums. Yes, they exist.

http://www.gta4forums.net
Old 12-08-2007   #2
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Plain and simple but does the job in the end
Old 12-08-2007   #3
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
Good idea, should get some new users.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #4
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Do you plan on keeping the domain even after the release of the sequel to GTAIV? :p
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #5
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
As I said in the news post:
Quote:
Great idea for a domain, but the page of advertisements that it redirects to is completely useless. Maybe just direct to the forums?
Or maybe if you keep this "middle-man" page, how about some sort of imagery, like a logo, that links to GTAGaming's homepage or allows you to continue to the forum.
rappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #6
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I'm gonna change the page to look nicer sooner or later. I just threw that together real quick to have something there.
Old 12-09-2007   #7
rappo
Professional Dumbass

rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.rappo is a God.
Aye aye, cap'n..should be great for publicity. Make sure to throw in a shitload of Google keywords
Old 12-09-2007   #8
Zidane

Haha, seriously ;p

And about the search thing, though I can't make money from the google search at the top of that page, it's pretty neat and effective. Should probably add that on the main page.
Old 12-09-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zidane
Haha, seriously ;p

And about the search thing, though I can't make money from the google search at the top of that page, it's pretty neat and effective. Should probably add that on the main page.
Done, maybe rappo could make it look a little better though, and search GTAG by default w/o displaying the radio buttons.
Old 12-09-2007   #10
rappo
Professional Dumbass

I think it's illegal to do that, guys. Make sure you've read the Google Terms of Service... I'm pretty sure you can't edit their HTML like that (meaning getting rid of the logo and radio buttons).
Old 12-09-2007   #11
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Oh ffs, can they at least make it look a little nicer and not take up so much vertical space..
Old 12-09-2007   #12
Mousey

Mousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of light
The updated page looks 10 times better. And good idea with the new url. Youre right that it isnt that obvious that the site has forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
Back then it was "don't steal, don't yell, do good in school, respect other people", not "don't hump the floor son".
Mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #13
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah I cooked up a nice image for it earlier. I really need Garage Gothic. Copying and pasting and touching up font preview images is annoying.
Old 12-09-2007   #14
Zidane

Slim, the google ad code can't be changed. Well, I guess it can, but it really shouldn't be ;p
Old 02-07-2008   #15
MurdererMarv
Psychotic Lurker

MurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enoughMurdererMarv will become famous soon enough
Nice.
MurdererMarv is offline   Reply With Quote