Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2007   #1
NotPale2Hall
Unregistered User
Newbie Member

NotPale2Hall has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation Peculiarities in the new boxart

Is it just me, or do the two things I pointed out seem kind of odd?

NotPale2Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #2
Himuro
These boots are made for walking

Himuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura aboutHimuro has a spectacular aura about
Where the hell did you get that blown up version?

I NEED that as my wallpaper. NEED. Holy shit.
Old 11-30-2007   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Nikos head could just be a simple error. The Mirrored licence plate, well other images on the boxart are mirrored too, just odd that the cop car behind it is ok.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #4
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
It might be mirrored so when a cop looks in his rear-view mirror he can read the license plate easily.

Edit: But I don't even think license plates really are like that in NY, so that confuses me.

Last edited by Thundercracker; 11-30-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #5
NotPale2Hall
Unregistered User
Newbie Member

NotPale2Hall has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himuro
Where the hell did you get that blown up version?

I NEED that as my wallpaper. NEED. Holy s**t.
http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/down..._2560x1600.jpg
NotPale2Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #6
Espionage1911
Newbie Member

Espionage1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
It might be mirrored so when a cop looks in his rear-view mirror he can read the license plate easily.

Edit: But I don't even think license plates really are like that in NY, so that confuses me.
NY license plates do look like that. It's also cool that the cop cars plates are different like in real life.
Espionage1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #7
keithuk

keithuk is an unknown quantity at this point
OH MY DAYS. Ive just realised that it says 'NRG 900' New NRG in this game it looks like
keithuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #8
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Correction, it's the NRG-900RR.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #9
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espionage1911
NY license plates do look like that. It's also cool that the cop cars plates are different like in real life.
So they are mirrored?
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #10
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
Maybe when they were editing the boxart, They thought that it looked better when it was mirrored that way and the license plate is just like that because it was mirrored. They must have fixed the cop car licence plate after they mirrored the image and it looked like it wasn't done properly because the angle of the writing doesn't fit with the image, The way that the cop cars license plate is done, its like a kind of code for your in-game phone or maybe even a competition so look out for something thats to do with four numbers and its on one of the GTA artwork. OK.

Last edited by The Shy Child.; 11-30-2007 at 05:59 PM..
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #11
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
Rockstar must've seen this

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/down..._1680x1050.jpg

The mirror and license plate are fixed now
Old 12-01-2007   #12
Mousey

Mousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of lightMousey is a glorious beacon of light
I laughed when I saw the change. But good job on noticing, I saw it but didn't really pay attention to it. They changed the rear-veiw part too. I didn't notice that part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Conception
Back then it was "don't steal, don't yell, do good in school, respect other people", not "don't hump the floor son".
Mousey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #13
Yam Trigger
Urban Pleb

Yam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to beholdYam Trigger is a splendid one to behold
dont care about it at all... as long as these sort of glitches dont appear in the game...
Yam Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #14
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
That's cool, this forum actually made R* change something about IV!

I've checked and the one I downloaded the other day was the original unedited one, and I think I'm gonna keep it. It feels like a rare limited-edition recalled wallpaper now
Old 12-01-2007   #15
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
The license plate is an obvious nod to the number of the beast.