Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007   #16
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
That was before the delay remember. After the delay the whole GTA IV PR and marketing got messed up, so we'll probably be seeing a new method now, which even further contributes to the idea that something could happen tomorrow, since it happens to be a "unique" date to GTA IV, and further coverage can really start up again at anytime. It's totally possibly, as well as not at all. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 10-15-2007   #17
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
That was before the delay remember. After the delay the whole GTA IV PR and marketing got messed up, so we'll probably be seeing a new method now, which even further contributes to the idea that something could happen tomorrow, since it happens to be a "unique" date to GTA IV, and further coverage can really start up again at anytime. It's totally possibly, as well as not at all. We'll have to wait and see.
I hope you are right slim. I would really appreciate somewhat of a placeholder for tommorow. A trailer would be sick, but it is alot to expect. Maybe the announcement of a trailer?
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #18
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
I can see it now

COMING 4 - 22 - 2008

All I know is, they will make up to us big time tomorrow. I can feel it.
Old 10-15-2007   #19
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkio
I hope you are right slim. I would really appreciate somewhat of a placeholder for tommorow. A trailer would be sick, but it is alot to expect. Maybe the announcement of a trailer?
Announcement of a trailer is exactly what I forgot to throw in my news post

Announcement of a trailer and an official site update, now that would own, as well as new plans for PR.

@phreak, April 22nd? Ouch Late mid-ish March would probably be the best result, plenty of time to develop a great game, and isn't as long a wait.
Old 10-15-2007   #20
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Double post is unintended, but I wanted to bump this and let you guys know I've updated the latest news post with 2 new photos of the big mural ad, which has REALLY progressed, and will certainly be completed tomorrow for sure.
Old 10-15-2007   #21
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Thanks man

That little unfinished bit looks like the perfect place to paint a release date
monkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #22
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Yeah who knows what will happen. I can't see anything mapped out in that area though, like I can see that "ames.com/IV" has been, and I believe I spy the R* logo shape mapped out at the bottom right corner. We'll just have to wait and see tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2007   #23
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
it would be some serious shit if they just dropped it tommorow.
and they did all this so the game would feel that much better when we played it.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #24
commie4321

commie4321 is an unknown quantity at this point
12:20 EST and no update- do you think they would wait until morning?

EDIT: I want to play this game so bad.

Last edited by commie4321; 10-15-2007 at 10:25 PM..
commie4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #25
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
It's already 10:30 AM of 16th October here. Probably 12 more hours to wait. :p

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #26
Reddyfire
Newbie Member

Reddyfire is on a distinguished roadReddyfire is on a distinguished road
I remember the night before San Andreas came out I stayed up all night just to see the countdown clock hit zero then I kept looping the trailers all day until I bought the game. I would be doing it again for GTA IV but its not coming out tomorrow. Have a good Black Tuesday everyone. Maybe we will get some kind of info big or small.
Reddyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007   #27
Shepherd1991

We will know shortly
Old 10-16-2007   #28
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Im up early, and interestingly enough, im getting a 404 error on the main IV page!

http://www.rockstargames.com/grandtheftauto/IV

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007   #29
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Because that's the wrong URL
Old 10-16-2007   #30
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Because that's the wrong URL

yeah i figured a few minutes later, but got confused, cause thats where it redirected me when i entered grandtheftauto.com/iv

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote