Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2007   #1
Pure-gta
Banned
Banned

Pure-gta is an unknown quantity at this point
The buttons......

Yea so, im really sorry if this has been done before, please lock/delete if it has..

I was thinking today about how the buttons might be change for IV, if there are more things to do im doubting it will just be triangle to get in/out of your car.. How about street jacking.. Same as worriros? Stelth? Would you be happy if the changed the classic GTA control system? Im not so sure I would..
Pure-gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #2
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I know what you mean Pure-gta. I liked the way you could do that Stealth style on Warriors, would be nice if they had it in GTA IV, for car jacking, and also for bikes.. would be really nice.

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #3
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
They already said that stealing a car will be more than just pressing a button so it'll clearly be somewhat different. Like any new game it should be fine however they do it as it's just a case of getting used to it.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #4
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I wonder if you can get your own car you now like when CJ won the car from the race by the blind guy.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #5
Pure-gta
Banned
Banned

Pure-gta is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh when CJ beat wozzie mu... I don't see why not?
Pure-gta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007   #6
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
yea I think if you have your own car, you should never be able to lose it, unless chosen to do so. Like on saint's row, all the cars you "own" stay in the garage and if you wreck your car, you pay to get it fixed, and you get it back again. I think that's how it should be on GTA

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #7
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
gta4crazy1 that'll suck! i say you should be able to own a car. /buy it or steal, repaint it, whatever, so it's yours and the police cant regonize it. When you leave the car, it'll automatically lock the doors, (just to prevent having too many button combinations) AND the damn engine will turn off aswell!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #8
Rob1989
Newbie Member

Rob1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
i agree yo should be able to lock your doors to prevent stealing of your car and see the motor turn off, i always wondered why they didnt do something about that in older gta's
Rob1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #9
Shepherd1991

That's a good idea rob. Because I have a feeling Liberty City isn't going to be a friendly city
Old 10-18-2007   #10
Jmaz98
What the Folk
Newbie Member

Jmaz98 is an unknown quantity at this point
yea, its probaly going to be different. Rockstar said they wanted the game to have a more "real" effect and more advanced ways of doing things, such as breaking into a car. It would be more then a click of the triangle button...
Jmaz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #11
Shepherd1991

I am thinking some double tapping could be involved.
Old 10-18-2007   #12
redddread
Redd

redddread can only hope to improve
i like the idea man . it would be wicked if you could steal a car carefully by holding triangle e.g: get a coat hanger (or something), force it down the window frame and pull it back up to unlock the door and then possibly disable the alarm. Tap triangle to steal it quickly e.g: smash tha window hotwire it. And possibly get a key for the car (buy a key for your car). how does it sound guys?

I'm so freakin' sick, I completed Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in 2 freakin' days! I'm hungry for more GTA!!!!!!
redddread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #13
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
hmm since the engien will turn on off, what if they had a button or two for ways to get in then if you had the key you would have to hold a button untill it started the engine, so in theory you could be able to run outa gas and sit there and crank and crankbut it wouldnt go anywhere.

i do liek the idea of different steakign styles, slow and stealthy, maybe wont get noticed as easy or just smash and go but have a higher chance of being spotted.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #14
redddread
Redd

redddread can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22
hmm since the engien will turn on off, what if they had a button or two for ways to get in then if you had the key you would have to hold a button untill it started the engine, so in theory you could be able to run outa gas and sit there and crank and crankbut it wouldnt go anywhere.

i do liek the idea of different steakign styles, slow and stealthy, maybe wont get noticed as easy or just smash and go but have a higher chance of being spotted.
Yeahhh. well R* have enough time to put it in. they should make SELECT the button for the door unlocking and stuff (and taking off balaclavas and stuff). it'll be cool if you run out of gas and you repeatedly press SELECT and the engine fails to turn over. how bout it?

I'm so freakin' sick, I completed Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in 2 freakin' days! I'm hungry for more GTA!!!!!!
redddread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007   #15
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I wouldn't worry about the controls changing, if there is a chance at all of it happening, it's 0.01%. Traditional controls should not change, only difference you may see is different combinations of controls doing different (new?) things.