Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2007   #16
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSilver65
I hope the map isn't fully explorable from the start, That would ruin the mystery of the city we've already seen once
lol
I'm sure it'll be way better though, but if i can explore it from the start, I'll be sad!
An idea I had, was that you could only safely go through part of Liberty City while the rest would be infested with gang activity. Sure you could, but it'd be difficult to go out in the open. As the game goes on, more areas become safer (to you, anyway).

Hopefully they use this method to some degree.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #17
HaK
Banned
Banned

HaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these partsHaK is infamous around these parts
I just really hope that the online multiplayer syncs right....
HaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #18
redddread
Redd

redddread can only hope to improve
i hope R* make an MMORPG out of this later.

I'm so freakin' sick, I completed Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in 2 freakin' days! I'm hungry for more GTA!!!!!!
redddread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #19
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by redddread
i hope R* make an MMORPG out of this later.
Dan Houser himself said he has no interest at all in doing anything in a MMORPG style, especially with GTA.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #20
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
neither do i hope.. cause if it does go MMORPG, imagine the amount of assholes there would terrorize the streets! no chance of actually driving around sensibly, without being overrun and shot all the time! no thanks! i'd rather play with 1 or like 8 others, but the the option of having traffic, and peds turned on, like if you played in in singleplayer! its all about the cruise-part!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #21
redddread
Redd

redddread can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
neither do i hope.. cause if it does go MMORPG, imagine the amount of assholes there would terrorize the streets! no chance of actually driving around sensibly, without being overrun and shot all the time! no thanks! i'd rather play with 1 or like 8 others, but the the option of having traffic, and peds turned on, like if you played in in singleplayer! its all about the cruise-part!
well, your answer to that is: join a gang and make sure you make affilliates and territories.

I'm so freakin' sick, I completed Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories in 2 freakin' days! I'm hungry for more GTA!!!!!!
redddread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #22
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Stuff MMORPG, it won't be GTA then. Leave that to the likes of WoW. GTA is unique and should stay that way.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007   #23
tdog07029
Newbie Member

tdog07029 is an unknown quantity at this point
the ppl who made multi theft auto are tryin to figure out how to hav all the peds walkin around in multiplayer like in singleplayer. maybe in a few years theyll make an mmorpg out of gta4... massively multi theft auto?
Old 11-06-2007   #24
BeeJay
Herro!
Newbie Member

BeeJay is an unknown quantity at this point
I think 16 Players is a shame, considering SA-MP can have 200.
But maybe the quality of the multiplayer can make up for the lack of players?
Old 11-06-2007   #25
phexitol
Ant Fart Video Thug

phexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enoughphexitol will become famous soon enough
Who's to say there couldn't be a mode where the 16 players form 2 gangs of 8 members each? It's all just speculation until Rockstar gives us another meaty morsel...c'mon Rockstar!
phexitol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #26
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
16 is way too little for a completely empty city like in SAMP. However, this isn't a mod, so who says there can't be peds and stuff walking around? 16 would be plenty, you could go around doing co-op missions and stuff. Or just have a war and fight off the police/army
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote