Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007   #31
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Oh man, c'mon. GTA is a kill-fest, it's nothing more. The game is a free-roaming shoot-em-up. I'm not saying it's bad, I think a game is a game and that's the end of it. I love GTA, it's hella fun. I'm not attacking it for being a kill-fest, but it is a kill-fest. Besides, the whole point of parodies is to elaborate on the truth.

GTA for example, Cluckin' Bell. The song says that the food contains beak and such, which we know isn't true because if it did KFC(which it's clearly making fun of) would be shut down. It's elaborating on that fact that we all know that KFC chicken is bad for us, and is full of bad chicken, but we know it doens't have beak in it.

Yeah GTA gets bad press because it was so popular I'm not saying that's fair. But what isn't fair, and the whole point of what I was syaing is. Rock* seems to think they're aloud to parody people, but The Simpsons aren't allowed to parody them. Which is hypocricy. & when a company like Rock* starts getting too big for it's boots, it becomes like Nintyendo was in the late 80'[s, and what Sony is now. Dominant.

Now if we're going on about Kill-fests. The police just kill you most the time, they only bust you in you're in a car right? I honestly don't see how you can deny that the game is a kill-fest. Because you go around killing people. It's so easy to go around killing, that it is clearly the purpose of the game.

Simpsons Hit & Run for example, doesn't let you kill peds I don't think. & Bully didn't let you kill people. They're not kill-fests. GTA gives you guns/cars/tanks/choppers and lets you out into the free-world. & you're telling me Rock* didn't think that people would go out killing people.

The whole game is centered around killing, stealing, and shooting. It's a free-roaming shoot-em-up. Sorry man, but there is no way around it, it just is all about killing. I havn't got a problem with it. But it's dogmatic to say it isn't. It's not like it's difficult to kill people, and it's clearly encouraged. Besides, whether you're killing a cop, gang member, or a ped, you're still killing. Therefore, salughter fest.
Old 10-09-2007   #32
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkComputer
Rock* seems to think they're aloud to parody people, but The Simpsons aren't allowed to parody them. Which is hypocricy.
When I first read the article that's exactly what I thought, but Rockstar never complained before at any other parodies. This one puts the product in a bad light which it is already in in some ways.

Quote:
It's so easy to go around killing, that it is clearly the purpose of the game.
That statement doesn't follow any logic. It's easy for me to throw my shoes in the bin, but that's not the point of owning shoes.

Quote:
GTA gives you guns/cars/tanks/choppers and lets you out into the free-world. & you're telling me Rock* didn't think that people would go out killing people.
Ofcourse I'm not saying they didn't think of that. That's what makes GTA fun, the option to muck around however you want. But just because the game has the option doesn't mean it requires or encourages it or is based on it.

Quote:
The whole game is centered around killing, stealing, and shooting. It's a free-roaming shoot-em-up. Sorry man, but there is no way around it, it just is all about killing. I havn't got a problem with it. But it's dogmatic to say it isn't. It's not like it's difficult to kill people, and it's clearly encouraged.
Stealing and shooting aren't killing, that's not on the agenda.

If you view GTA as a shoot em up then that must be the way you play it. I pretty much only shoot when it's required to pass a mission or on the occasional muck around session, because I find shooters dull and shooting the least appealing part of GTA. I think now this is opinion territory.

Quote:
Besides, whether you're killing a cop, gang member, or a ped, you're still killing.
That I agree with, they're just labels.

You: GTA is a slaugter fest and the simpsons game should be allowed to portray it as one, as a parody.
Me: GTA isn't based purely on killing and GTA doesn't need to give people a reason that it is.
Is that about right?

One last thing: I didn't personally have a problem the with Grand Theft Scratchy thing, it's something we as GTA players can laugh at, but people ignorant of GTA will just have the idea that's it's an uber violent massacre reinforced.
Old 10-09-2007   #33
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_86
You: GTA is a slaugter fest and the simpsons game should be allowed to portray it as one, as a parody.
Me: GTA isn't based purely on killing and GTA doesn't need to give people a reason that it is.
Is that about right?

I can live with that, and that very last point was probably the only thing that's made me see it from your side. I don't mean that in a horrible way, I mean it was a good arguement. I wasn't having a go btw.
Old 10-09-2007   #34
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I wasn't having a go either, it's just different view points, it's cool.
Old 05-06-2010   #35
Jake2103
Master in FAIL

Jake2103 can only hope to improve
I think that Rockstar doesn't wants to be compared with a company that makes games that only are about killing. But this isn't the way to show that.
Old 05-06-2010   #36
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
How did this happen
Old 05-06-2010   #37
ZCAB
Whipping Post

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake2103 View Post
I think that Rockstar doesn't wants to be compared with a company that makes games that only are about killing. But this isn't the way to show that.
This all happened almost three years ago. Please pay attention to when the last message in a thread was written. If it was over two weeks ago, you should only post if it's relevant to the topic at hand. As you might imagine, nothing about this topic is relevant today.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread