Old 02-27-2010   #1
Tyler
Every Time Zone
Addicted Member

Tyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud ofTyler has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Heavy Rain

This game...OH MY FUCKING GOD. First of all, is amazing. Just the story itself is intense and seat-grabbing. If you dont know anything about the game, here's a summary of it:
Quote:
Heavy Rain is a hell of an experience. Its controversial control scheme actually works really well in allowing the fantastic story to dictate how events play out, and many of the game's scenes will keep you on the edge of your seat. It starts slow and the presentation isn't perfect, but the character development, dialog and story twists will hook you like few games can. Heavy Rain is not to be missed.
Quote:
With Heavy Rain, the studio took this control mechanic to a completely different level by removing the win/fail result and instead turned it into what can best be described as a branching narrative. You can't ever actually fail in Heavy Rain. There is no Game Over screen, and nothing will force you to have to replay anything. No matter what you do, the game, its characters and the story move on.

This has multiple effects. If you're in an action sequence, missing one prompt might not mean much other than that the fight or chase would play out a little differently. Rather than taking out the bad guy right then, you might get knocked down but get another chance right after that. Miss too many and the bad guy might get away, but like I said, the story will continue on, no matter the result. In other instances, these options (as there is often more than one button available to you at any one time) will decide what a character says, how they react to something, what you interact with or so on and so forth.
Most people i know or have seen online have given it a 10/10, but IGN gave it 9/10. It's still amazing. This is definantly a must buy game. If any of you guys have played it, explain what you did and how you thought of the game.
Old 02-27-2010   #2
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
I love the take on videgames they have. I've only played the demo though.

I will say they rely heavily on quicktime events. I don't know if I can take a whole game of quicktime events. I like the visual style of the game, but the game play better give me more.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #3
zombienm
Ex-Dead Mod

zombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to beholdzombienm is a splendid one to behold
The whole game isn't a quick time event, but yes, there are a ton of them.

I loved it. One of the best games I've played in a while. I've replayed it several times already doing different things and so far have gotten about 15 different endings. I love how many variables there are.
Old 02-27-2010   #4
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
I NEED to buy this asap
ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #5
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Finally some Heavy Rain love on this forum. Been following the game since its been announced. I loved Quantic Dreams over game, Fahrenheit. Sucks that it won't go multiplatform or even come out on the PC :-/ Seen most of the game on a number of streams though, including the ending. Great game.
Old 02-27-2010   #6
ska
Wearing my rolex

ska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond reputeska has a reputation beyond repute
I feel the same about Mass Effect
Old 02-27-2010   #7
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Well they said that ME 1 wouldnt come to PC and look what happened to that :-/
Old 02-27-2010   #8
ska
Wearing my rolex

And Bioshock being a 360 exclusive, I'll keep my fingers crossed haha
Old 02-27-2010   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrix View Post
I love the take on videgames they have. I've only played the demo though.

I will say they rely heavily on quicktime events. I don't know if I can take a whole game of quicktime events. I like the visual style of the game, but the game play better give me more.
Despite this fact, I think Heavy Rain's story is enough to drive me through it all. I'm going to be picking this up eventually, when I have the money.
Old 02-27-2010   #10
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
I liked the demo, but I can't see myself paying a full 40 bucks for it. Maybe i'll wait till it goes platinum.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #11
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Havent got around to sticking it in yet! thats what happens when you have two new games to play and you start mass effect 2 instead. Have to finish that now before i start playing heavy rain

lookin forward to it though
Old 02-27-2010   #12
green18fan

green18fan is on a distinguished roadgreen18fan is on a distinguished roadgreen18fan is on a distinguished roadgreen18fan is on a distinguished roadgreen18fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tatic View Post
I liked the demo, but I can't see myself paying a full 40 bucks for it. Maybe i'll wait till it goes platinum.
The demo is not indicative of the full game. I thought the demo was OK, but once you become totally comfortable with the control system during the full game it actually feels like you have more control over the characters' actions than you do. It's difficult to explain, but the controls are part of what really sucked me in and made me feel as if I was in the character's shoes, which is something you just can't pick up from the demo.
green18fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #13
Havok_Jro
I'm The Best At Space

Havok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond reputeHavok_Jro has a reputation beyond repute
The controls were what turned me off the game, i really don't want to spend the entire game waggling a analogue stick to move over something or to open a door :/
Havok_Jro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010   #14
WiM
All for one.

WiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the roughWiM is a jewel in the rough
I will buy it, eventually. But right now I'm saving all my money for my God of War Ultimate Trilogy Edition. It's been added to my 'games I have to buy this year" list.
Old 02-27-2010   #15
Patrucci

Patrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud ofPatrucci has much to be proud of
I'm really lacking any money at the moment.. after buying my entertainment pc, and laptop, totaled over $3000 :/, but I paid with full cash, so no monthly bill (:

but Heavy Rain will probably be my next video game purchase. This, EOLC or RDR.
Patrucci is offline   Reply With Quote