Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2007   #46
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
This is probably just Sony being sneaky bastards and making people buy the PS3 in hope for GTA IV.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #47
GtaMan93
INTJ

GtaMan93 is an unknown quantity at this point
If that's from UK than its fake they get everything later than US.
GtaMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #48
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtaMan93
If that's from UK than its fake they get everything later than US.
Erm, not to rain on your parade here, but GTA is made in the UK, by Rockstar North which is in Scotland, so chances are, people in the UK will be the first to know about it's development.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #49
GtaMan93
INTJ

GtaMan93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Erm, not to rain on your parade here, but GTA is made in the UK, by Rockstar North which is in Scotland, so chances are, people in the UK will be the first to know about it's development.
Hmmm. i did not know that but now i do thanks for info.
GtaMan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #50
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
I'll remain super optimistic for this one!

You guys are good with Rockstar contact, try to dig something out?
But then they are Rockstar- King of marketing so it will be impossible to dig anything out.

The fact that they are the king of marketing also means this will be an awesome stunt to pull and will ensure good sales for both GTA4 and the PS3.
masteratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #51
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Gaming website SPOnG have contacted Rockstar Games to find out about this, the response Rockstar gave was "It's coming out in Spring next year."
Old 10-02-2007   #52
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

masteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enoughmasteratt will become famous soon enough
Well duh.

IF this is true, you don't expect them to say "lol yeah we were just gonna surprise you but you called us so we'll tell you the truth lolz"

But yea it casts another shadow of doubt on the whole thing.
Old 10-02-2007   #53
phreak
wsup den
Veteran Member

phreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud ofphreak has much to be proud of
Quote:
Gaming website SPOnG have contacted Rockstar Games to find out about this, the response Rockstar gave was "It's coming out in Spring next year."
I was JUST about to post that
Old 10-02-2007   #54
Charger
<.>

Charger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished roadCharger is on a distinguished road
Whats weird about the call is how short it was, like it was an operator giving them the answer.. "Its coming out Spring of next year". And Spongs popularity isn't that big. But I stilll think it won't come out this month.
Charger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #55
masteratt
Fiery depths of life

Nor their reliability as far as I know..
Just trying to get hits maybe?

Why don't one of us call them [Rockstar] but then as I said it's pointless since they are going to be tight-lipped.

Lol this is the detective work of the century.
I'm not letting this rumour go until Rockstar slap me in the face and says "DUMBASS! ITS NOT HAPPENING!"
Old 10-02-2007   #56
ajstyles
Newbie Member

ajstyles is on a distinguished roadajstyles is on a distinguished road
Yes i think it's probably a mistake.I don't think GTA IV would be released this year unfortunately
Old 10-02-2007   #57
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Quote:
Information is spread equally, but the game is always released in the states first
Old 10-02-2007   #58
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
there probably hoping anyone who buys a ps3 is dumb enough to belive its out this month aswell and put in pre orders.

i think if they have it ready, january would be a good time.

early spring would be just wrongg to release it.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007   #59
Ash_735

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayuk2
there probably hoping anyone who buys a ps3 is dumb enough to belive its out this month aswell and put in pre orders.

i think if they have it ready, january would be a good time.

early spring would be just wrongg to release it.
Yeah, release it AFTER people are finished buying stuff, great marketing, it just might reach the Top 20 that way.
Old 10-02-2007   #60
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
i wasnt meaning in marketing sense, it just would be strange playing it at that time of year.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote