Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2007   #1
Jamal
Banned
Banned

Jamal can only hope to improve
Maybe It's Just ME

but has anyone kinda lost faith in IV. I kinda belive that when it comes out its gonna suck...take a good look at the trailers. while the graphics looks good i dont see anything really nice about it...anyone agree?

recognise..i am a hardcore Gta fan dont get it twisted!
Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #2
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
You've only lost faith because you haven't seen anything new for a long time. No new trailers, no new screens, no new details. I'm sure when Rockstar fix up their PR again before release (cross your fingers) there will be some delicious new information on our hands.

I mean, the last "new information" we heard regarding this game was in May. That's why this whole area has died down.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #3
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
It's going to cause a lot of confusion, MANY people still don't grasp that it is a reboot and is taking a more serious route. People are still expecting characters from the GTA3 era to appear and think it's the same Liberty City but bigger!

As for the trailers, Rockstar have let out very little of the game, we've only seen certain areas in the pics and trailers, still many areas to be shown. Personally, I like the gritty look and that the story is going to be around Niko, an interesting character for lead. Once again, many people who have played GTA have only played San Andreas, so a lot of people again will be expecting a gangsta game again, it's not going to be like that. It's a more serious turn, they've re-done many things to make the game fresh again, as VCS prooved, the old formula is starting to wear thin.

The Delay is mainly so they can sort out bugs, and as they put, make the game more perfect, they have put some big things into this game but also kept more realistic compared to the GTA3 era. They have shown little in previews and trailers so don't base your judgement on them, don't forget, Trailer 2 was out before the Delay announcement, one of the things they are fixing now is some framerate issues which are present in the first two trailers. The downside is, they have lost a lot of customers, many people have just lost interest and no longer like GTA, and with these months of nothing new about the game, hype is fading fast. On the plus side, it's got rid of those San Andreas kids, all those newbie forums members who have only played San Andreas and thought GTA was "gangsta".
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #4
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
lol true it did weed out the gansta fans....

but yea i must say, ive lost ALOT of intrest in the game,the graphics arent overwhelimg super good IMO. the cars still look that monotone shade of color ya know? while the city looks amazing and the peopel are a big improvement, the cars seem lackign to me...

that and i was expecting a dely (they always have a delay) maybe liek a week to a month max, but 6 mo? sheesh! might as well start all over with hyping it up!!!
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #5
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
I remember some quote from one of the magazine previews saying that Rockstar was only going to reveal around 25% of the game pre-release, and the other 75% is left for your experiences. (numbers might be a little different but w/e). I expect great things to come from GTA IV, especially with the delay. They've got plenty of time to make a flawless game.
Old 09-26-2007   #6
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I recall that Slim, (I think it was 30%). Either way, it's just a quite period right now. Perhaps people just let their attention wander or forget about it because it's not being promoted so much. I think the graphics (from what's released so far of course) seem fine although there are some areas which could do with tweaking, hopefully the delay is helping this, but since I don't think anyone played GTA for the graphics... why start now?

I'm still anticipating this game, there's just much less active anticipating, (i.e. looking up the latest info, posting etc.). If you're interested then it's just a case of waiting before the hype machine starts up again.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #7
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well the thing is that we're used to the gameplay now, so we want more than just that, we want it to be improved in ways like enhanced graphic, just so everything looks more realistic and for some reason we find that it makes the gameplay a lot more enjoyable. I know with GTA IV I'm going to enjoy smacking a pedestrian in the face with a bat much more than its predecessors. It will look real, sound real, and feel real. It's the next generation of gaming, you gotta have good graphics now anyways, there's no excuse not to, since we have the hardware that will handle it.
Old 09-26-2007   #8
Mjuboy
Victim of Desire

Mjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura aboutMjuboy has a spectacular aura about
I've more or less lost interest too, and esp. since I dont have a PS3 or a 360, I guess I wont be playing the game until later 2008 on the PC.

Also, SA disappointed me quite a bit, the hype for the game was definitely much more than what was in the game. I fear that the same might happen for this too.

Also, like slim (No capitals to avoid the smiley) said, the basic gameplay will the same and therefore, their scope of development is limited to making the game feel more realistic. And unless they make some ground-breaking difference, I doubt that the experience will be significantly better.

Some Useful Links
My Website | Get Firefox!

Last edited by Mjuboy; 09-26-2007 at 11:23 PM..
Mjuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #9
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
The only problem with SA was the storyline. Was fun, but just too cartoonish for its style of game. Wasn't a big fan of CJ and the other characters either.

The only thing that R* ruined was their big "BANG GTA IV! OUT SOON! SURPRISE CRAZY ADVERTISEMENT! BUYBUYBUY!" announcement. They caught eyes and attention, but with the delay, I'm sure most have turned away.

I still can't wait. The characters and storyline look really interesting, and the gameplay seems like a good breath of fresh air for the series.
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #10
HaM_^
|2OCKSTARRR
Newbie Member

HaM_^ is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, they need to release a new trailor with some new feature thats gunna blow our minds, but even if they don't i'll still be buying it, simple because of the awesome storylines and new characters

Currently Playing: Call of Duty 4
Currently Watching: Ironman
HaM_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #11
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
^ I would like some old great characters though. Like Donald Love.
Old 09-27-2007   #12
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you'll be interested in this game when new waves of info come in. Who knows what they might show us? There's still so much to be discovered.
Old 09-27-2007   #13
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
I think when the hype starts back up that everyone is going to come back and possibly more people.

I didn't see this delay losing any customers at all.. The only thing Rockstar really miss out on is the Christmas sales.

And the gameplay.. Well.. No one can really say its going to be good or going to be bad as no one has played it. Rockstar really haven't let me down before with any of there previous games so I don't see this game being a flop in the graphics/gameplay/story.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #14
Outkasted
Newbie Member

Outkasted is an unknown quantity at this point
I know the delay sucks, but it's going to work out best for rockstar in almost every way. Most importantly the game will be better. I appreicate that Rockstar wants to release the best product possible. They have never let me down before on GTA III, VC, or SA. Secondly, they won't have the same competetion at the time of release. I know a lot of GTA fans don't like Halo or vice versa or whatever. Halo's average critic score right now is 9.6/10. That's higher than any GTA game ever. It is selling like crazy and everybody is raving about it. I know a lot of us don't care about the business side of it, but there's a lot of highly regarded games coming out. When GTA drops it will only be GTA and the only other competition I see is Metal Gear Solid which I believe is a ps3 only title.

GTA is my kind of game and I am with everybody that it is loving the more realism ascept of it. I think that is a great move. I always love the stories and characters and total freedom that GTA brings. It is the only game that can do what it does or as good. I am interested in the character Niko and the stranger to the U.S part of the story. The whole thing with the ability to use the web in cafes totally reminds me of the Bourne movies when he uses them to figure stuff out. Same thing with the total freedom of the city, transportation, etc. A lot of things about the GTA's always remind me of my favorite movies. It's the closest you can get to a crime simulator and living a life you never really could in real life. lol Plus they're just fun games. So yeah, my interest has gone done with the delay but I will def be picking up the game and it is my most anticipated game of all-time for me. I am glad rockstar delayed it to get it right. If they blew it and rushed it, they could never go back and change it. Now they have the time they need to make the game that changes video games forever. Which is what I except from rockstar and GTA IV.
Outkasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #15
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamal
but has anyone kinda lost faith in IV. I kinda belive that when it comes out its gonna suck...take a good look at the trailers. while the graphics looks good i dint see anything really nice about it...anyone agree?

recognise..i am a hardcore Gta fan dont get it twisted!
Do you think GTAIV will be a revolution..like the way III changed the gaming world ?

@ x-Resurrected , I agree with that ^ I want to know what happened with D. Love ..the disappearance for one,etc;etc;

Last edited by FG; 09-27-2007 at 09:47 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote