Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2007   #1
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
Manual / Automatic

They should have manual and automatic cars in GTAIV, would be really cool.. and it actually shows the car pulling back a bit to shift, and you can push one of the axis up or down to shift up or down. Also, for bikes it would be nice to see too.. and see the characters or AI's foot move to shift it up or down. Also, if there is going to be inside car view, maybe they might actually have working speedometer, rpms, and show the characters hand move down to the shift to shift up or down.. would be nice.

I love manual cars, and I hated that it didn't have it in any of the other GTA games, maybe this time they might? Can either buy the cars off the lots and choose manual or automatic.

what does everyone think about it?

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #2
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
it's a cool idea, but i don't know if i would choose it. I also like the idea of a speedometer, because I have always wondered how fast the cheetah or infernus or other fast cars were going. They would have to simplify the shifting i think. but still, having to shift... too NFS for me.

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #3
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
yeah i always wanted to know how fast the buffalo went, and also.. when doing burnouts in some cars that could.. or drifts, it was weird how it shifted, it would be nice watching the speedometer and rpms moving and when shifting.. would be nice, i would love it! would make it a bit tricky for some people, but it would be a nice change.

Old 09-25-2007   #4
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Yeah I recon that's a great idea.

It would be awsome to like jack a car and see that its manual or auto.

Maybe fuel aswell.. That is getting abit far but like it would be cool to jump in a car and see that its empty. Jump out and get into another car that has a full tank of gas..

That would be awsome.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007   #5
Blazer

Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
it would have to be optional, to either have it randomize, or all auto, or all manual, obviously for starters it should be randomized, then at the start teaches you how to do it, and then the opportunity to change it to all auto like SA is or whatnot, but i've wanted this since VC and haven't seen anything happen.
Old 09-25-2007   #6
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

yeah thats exactly what I mean man, have like randomized at first, like at the start they make you drive a car and says "Up for "Manual" or Down for "Auto" or just drive and it will be auto or manual, and the more you use manual.. it will change to that with that car.

Old 09-29-2007   #7
Shepherd1991

I like the automattics
Old 09-30-2007   #8
Phil
"When in doubt, C4"

Phil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of lightPhil is a glorious beacon of light
i created a topic waaaay back, that IV should feature a new improved automatic gearbox simulation.

the basic idea was that the (right trigger X360/ rightsixaxis,x button PS3) was devided into 8 bits. And then depending on how much the button/trigger was pressed down the scale would go 0/8, 1/8...7/8, 8/8.

So if starting from zero mph, and 2/8 is pressed, then the gear will change at a much lower RPM compared to a 6/8, or 8/8 acceleration.

If moving at 30mph, accel. at 2/8, and then mashing the button to 8/8, a kickdown will be activated.

This way we can have a more cruising kinda shift pattern without actually simulating a torque converter!

Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
My opinion on this idea is a simple no. GTA is not some racing game and doesn't need it. I find it much easier to escape police without worrying about shifting gears.
Old 09-30-2007   #10
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I would say no for the same reason, i already have to concentrate on driving and maybe firing a weapon if they implement it

Plus driving around for fun but having to switch gears would bore me really fast, if i want to drive with gears i'll take my own car for a spin
Old 09-30-2007   #11
Roxstein
/\ಠ‿ಠ\

Roxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant futureRoxstein has a brilliant future
I just want to see the automatic shifting on standard transmissions improved aswell as ACTUAL automatic transmissions in the game.

As for manually shifting for either transmissions that would take up 2 buttons that could be used for something more important.
Old 09-30-2007   #12
jayuk2

jayuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point
noooo,

its not a driving simulator. maybe if they have a side mission of drag racing, the manual should come in then.

speedo should be optional though.
jayuk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007   #13
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure there will be a speedometer in the car, since as far as i know you have a inside car look

If there was a option between : Automatic gear shift and Manual i wouldn't have any problems with it
Old 09-30-2007   #14
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
My opinion on this idea is a simple no. GTA is not some racing game and doesn't need it. I find it much easier to escape police without worrying about shifting gears.
yeah, but it would be like a harder experience.. trying to get it into the right gear, and fucking GUN IT!

Old 09-30-2007   #15
ShadoW19915

ShadoW19915 is an unknown quantity at this point
wont happen look at the trailors