Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2007   #1
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
To You PS3 Owners (Sixaxis Related)

Have any of you ever had your Sixaxis (controller) like bug out on you and (let's say you're playing an FPS) you start spinning around on the screen for a few seconds or so and you have no control over it. It's happened to me every once in awhile and really is annoying, and always seems to happen when an enemy is right in front of me ("Hah, look at this guy spinning trying to avoid my shots").

So any of you ever have this issue?
Old 09-23-2007   #2
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
Sometimes, but it's pretty rare. It's weird though because some of th buttons like start and the PS button work fine but the analog sticks won't respond. Haven't had it happen in a long time though.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #3
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
Is it when the charge is almost dead? 'Cause my 360 controller does that kind of thing on low battery, you pull the trigger, fire, and it will get stuck just firing. Never had that with the Sixaxis though.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Never checked to see if it was when the battery was low, or if it was only one of my controllers out of the two I've got.
Old 09-23-2007   #5
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
I've never had this happen, could it also possibly be some sort of interference?
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #6
The_Patient

The_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enoughThe_Patient will become famous soon enough
Nope, Never happened to me either :/ There's nothing much to interfer with mine though, It could be interference, as Jimmy_86 said.
The_Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #7
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Never happened to me, Like other people have said it could be due to interferencei'd give Sony cstomer support a call and see what they say.
Old 09-23-2007   #8
gtachuggy

gtachuggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Never happened to my Sixaxis..... but the R2 button gets stuck sometimes....not usefull when its the grenade button on rainbow 6 vegas! lol I have however read that local radio wave interfrence, such as a mobile phone reciving a message, can screw the wirless up in the controlers...
Old 09-23-2007   #9
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
It's the battery, I've used other controllers and they always do really strange things when their life is about to die.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #10
Zidane

Zidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond reputeZidane has a reputation beyond repute
Never happened to me. Happened with my 360 controller a few times in Halo 2 and Rainbow Six Vegas, though.
Old 09-23-2007   #11
scorged

It probably is the battery because this has happened to me too, I really never looked at the battery life though.
Old 09-23-2007   #12
optik
王炎

optik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the roughoptik is a jewel in the rough
It's happened to me once or twice. It maybe because the battery is low, but I don't think it's a real biggy. If it happens a lot, I suggest getting a new controller or contating Sony
optik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007   #13
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Never had that happen. What game are you playing that may have something to do with tit?
Old 09-23-2007   #14
Fry
Your Mother

Fry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to beholdFry is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by passage
It's the battery, I've used other controllers and they always do really strange things when their life is about to die.
I dont think it's the battery, Because i always use my controllers untill they completely die (it's better for the battery) and i have never experienced that kind of bug once.....
Old 09-24-2007   #15
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fry
I dont think it's the battery, Because i always use my controllers untill they completely die (it's better for the battery) and i have never experienced that kind of bug once.....
Well it doesn't happen every time the battery is low, and sometimes it's only for certain games. Pretty much tons of variables lol.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote