Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2007   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Jack Thompson [The Secret GTA IV Fanboy]

Jack Thompson has hit back yet again, this time to the Golberg Lawyer reference in one of the GTA IV previews, you see, Mr. Thompson, for some reason, was reading a games magazine which had a GTA IV preview in it, you know, as Lawyers do, and noticed it and decided to go on another rant.

Game Politics
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #2
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
oh the insanity...what next?
what are the chances of everyone beleiving him and rockstar having to turn gta IV into noddy:the game
TomFratelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #3
ajstyles
Newbie Member

ajstyles is on a distinguished roadajstyles is on a distinguished road
Jack Thompson Says GTA 4 Mission Target is Him; Threatens to Block Release

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/09/18/j...block-release/

Quote:
Plenty of gamers would give their left arm to be included in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Miami attorney Jack Thompson, however, claims that he’s depicted in the game and wants out. And he threatens to block the release of GTA IV if Rockstar doesn’t comply.

In a document filed yesterday with a federal court in Florida, Thompson includes a letter written to Take Two Chairman Strauss Zelnick which reads in part:

I have this morning read with interest an article on page 80 and 81 of the September 2007 issue of Game Informer magazine which was generated when, according to its author, Rockstar Games “stopped by the Game Informer offices for an impromptu hour-long gameplay session with the Xbox 360 version of the game.”

The showcasing play of the game to Game Informer revealed that the first killing mission of the “hero” of the game, Niko, is to kill a certain lawyer. When Niko comes into this lawyer’s office, having used subterfuge to do so, Niko pulls a gun on the lawyer who says, “that the firm supports the second amendment and that ‘Guns don’t kill people. Video games do.’”

…The fact that the lawyer, killed on Niko’s first mission, would bring up video games, makes it clearly a reference to me… This is not the first time Rockstar Games and Take Two have targeted me in this fashion. Take Two references to me as a bisexual pedophile on its corporate website…

GP: What’s he referring to here? See GamePolitics’ September, 2005 article Jack Thompson Accuses Rockstsar of… Parody. Thompson’s letter continues:

You have until five o’clock P.M. this Friday… to inform me that you are going to delete the above references and any other references that could reasonably be construed to be references to me in Grand Theft Auto IV and any other video games that are pending release…

Now you have descended this low - using one of your games to threaten my physical safety… Failure to comply with the deadline… will result in my having to take necessary and proper means to stop release of the game which targets me personally… given the copycatting of violent games…

I think he really should get a life to live, He need to get is head checked again too. I think he did recently
ajstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #4
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Well it's pretty obvious the mission was included because he was a thorn in Take2's asshole.

Depends, he might not be able to do alot of major damage but he could try to stir shit up that would probably land a bad spotlight or etc

Tense situation because JT knows how to mix words and get a fear factor from his cryptic messages

--
He personally might not be able to do anything about it but i'm sure he could get some people on his side and try to push his way into the decision
edit: Thread merged so i'll just merge my posts

Last edited by Xan; 09-19-2007 at 06:22 AM..
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #5
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
That could be anyone.. I don't see him doing any damage or anything with this.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Took him this long to notice that?
Old 09-18-2007   #7
BC Rich

BC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud ofBC Rich has much to be proud of
He really can't do anything about it. They didn't use his name.
Old 09-18-2007   #8
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
Can't do anything legally.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
GTAIV includes males in the age range of 18-30 who wear shoes, and the player can kill them! I've got my lawsuit against Take2 ready for using me in their game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim Trashman
Took him this long to notice that?
Exactly what I thought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by passage
Can't do anything legally.
You'd certainly hope so. All characters portrayed in this game are fictitious and any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental. I think that should cover it.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #10
Reddyfire
Newbie Member

Reddyfire is on a distinguished roadReddyfire is on a distinguished road
Sounds like Jack Thompson has never heard of freedom of speech. He really needs to get a life.
Reddyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007   #11
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Man, he's so slow, the mags were out for like 2 months ago. :p Take2 can legally take action (according to the agreement made several months back, I think) against him if he tries block the sale.

Edit: Oh, we've had 2 similar threads. Merged.

Last edited by Asif; 09-18-2007 at 11:38 PM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #12
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
every time this guy appears on the news he gets owned so bad
TomFratelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #13
UnleadedPenguin

UnleadedPenguin is an unknown quantity at this point
What an unbelievable ego this guy has. The lawyer character could be a parody of pretty much any of the thousands of tubthumpers who protest against videogames. In 100 years people are going to look back at our era and laugh thanks to morons like Thompson - he's no better than the book-burning Taleban.
UnleadedPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007   #14
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Event he government find him hilarious nowadays and find him to be a joke. Nothing will happen.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #15
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
This guy sucks. He's like hitler of the gaming world. He has brung it upon himself. He should just stay away from anything thats to do with gaming.

And anyway he has no proof that it is based on himself. He still has a little bit of time left. He should just apoligize and say that he was wrong and that he made a mistake and f*** off back to the cave that he came from.
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote