Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2007   #16
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
DUI checkpoints would be pretty cool to see.

And I like your random pullover idea.
Old 09-02-2007   #17
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
yea but if you put to many cut scenes and "zones" to me it would feel like NFS hot pursuit 2. they had a cut scene when you got arrested, and i think it was actually in the rest of the series also. they still should keep it GTA based but with a couple of changes

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007   #18
mrdie
Member of the Past

mrdie is on a distinguished roadmrdie is on a distinguished road
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
As we all know, police behavior in the GTA games isn't exactly realistic. Smash into a policeman's car, and he takes out a pistol and shoots at you/beats the shit out of you.

Therefore, I propose this:

1. "Minor" offenses (EG. Smashing someones car, carjacking)

Police should get out of their car/off bikes, and should try to force you out of the car and arrest you. If you get out of the car or whatever you're on, they should try and tackle you to the ground. If you do anything violent, they use their batons. If you start using real violence (AKA: Shoot at them, run them over, beat them to death), then they use weapons.

2. Offenses (Beating someone up, etc)

Police beat you up, but do not use pistols. They still focus on tackling you down to the ground.

3. Serious Offenses (Walking up to someone and shooting them in the head)

Police take out pistol and threaten to shoot, they try and organize around you and try to tackle you. Otherwise, they open fire or use batons. Aim at them or fire off your gun in general and they will do the same.

4. Anathema (Shoot at police)

"Die mother fucker!" with minimal attempt to take you in alive.

Also, their mood should change depending on the situation. Let's say you committed anathema and shot a police officer, but after a while you run out of ammo. Now police should focus on arresting you alive instead of staying in "Die mother fucker!" mode.

Also, maybe in certain cases that are very minor, the police can just give you a minor ticket and your wanted level goes away. But that can get annoying if not done correctly.
mrdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007   #19
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
yea but if you put to many cut scenes and "zones" to me it would feel like NFS hot pursuit 2. they had a cut scene when you got arrested, and i think it was actually in the rest of the series also. they still should keep it GTA based but with a couple of changes
Even better I would like to see the vids from the sega version of Road Rash. Those were the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc8csNsf1yg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyFTCtzlkys

I would also like to see police that could actually keep up with you. I think gun fights and car chases could be more personal. Almost cat and mouse where both player and AI are trying to beat each other in a rivalry. Not just boosting up the AI so he takes more damages and causes more damage.
Old 09-19-2007   #20
Jamal
Banned
Banned

Jamal can only hope to improve
It would be ill if they had a jail system where u do something and for one whole day (ingame) u lived in jail...went to eat go back to cell prisoner fights

Im sure that wont happen but hey
Jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #21
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
How about where there really is a good cop once in a while. He/She would come up to the main character and give them some advice, or warn them, on the order of: "Hey kid, if you go to Joe's place, only use the rear entrance." "I went to school with your brother, I'd appreciate it if you stayed out of my area." "If you got something really good on a bad cop, let me know, and I'll see it gets to the right people - your name won't ever be mentioned." Somethihng like that.
OT
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007   #22
ShadoW19915

ShadoW19915 is an unknown quantity at this point
the cop idea sounds good but what about one life no respawning that way u can die in car crashes death buy cop its gonna make u give to the cops if u dont wanna restart lol
Old 09-20-2007   #23
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
I think I understand what you're saying Shadow, and I don't really like the idea.

It's very hard to beat an entire GTA game without dying at least once. That would frustrate a very large amount of people, and I would be one of them. If I was very far into the game, and I died, I would be pissed, throw down the controller, and walk off.
Old 09-20-2007   #24
ShadoW19915

it makes a challenge for ppl and makes sence
Old 09-20-2007   #25
Comeback209

Comeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished roadComeback209 is on a distinguished road
I kinda like it when the cops crash into you in the middle of a pursuit and then try to arrest you. Gave it that "realistic to a paranoid crazy guy who thinks cops are trying to kill him" kinda vibe. ;<
Comeback209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #26
ShadoW19915

i like the real life idea that would be awesome like being able to give the whiles driving ahahahah cop pulls u over grab the desert eagle when he walks up wham right in the face or whats left of it that would be a good way to start a chase
Old 09-21-2007   #27
HH
Cupcake

HH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of lightHH is a glorious beacon of light
As interesting as that sounds Shadow, it would take some very advanced mechanics to introduce that (if you wish to include similar in-car emotions).
Old 09-21-2007   #28
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
I would like to be able to attempt to bribe cops into getting out of a small situation. Like if you were speeding down the road and a cop was chasing you and they stop you and pull you out of the car, I think you should be able to offer them a bribe. Its a 50/50 thing, you offer them a bribe, they accept and come up with an excuse like "Ok I'm just going to pretend you were speeding for an emergency, dont get caught by any other officers."

If they dont accept they should arrest you and say something like "1 count of speeding, 4 counts of wreckless driving and causing danger to citizens, 1 count of attempting to bribe a police officer."

With the arresting thing, I'd like to see the cops actually tackle you down and hold you down and put the hand cuffs on and force you into the back of the cruiser. Then they drive you to the nearest cop station (with trip skip feature) then its a cutscene of interrigation and then a respawn outside with the game advanced a week later or something. Sort of like when you save a game in GTA, the time advances +6 hours, being arrested advances a week.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #29
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH
I think I understand what you're saying Shadow, and I don't really like the idea.

It's very hard to beat an entire GTA game without dying at least once. That would frustrate a very large amount of people, and I would be one of them. If I was very far into the game, and I died, I would be pissed, throw down the controller, and walk off.
Yes, you really answered that honestly I used to like a Helicopter game, until my character died, then you had to restart the game from the begining - talk about PISSED! Hey, it is a G A M E, not real life, I can jump back into the real game of life any time I want, but something really fun on the computer gives me some breathing room, from time to time.
OT

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKlipse
I would like to be able to attempt to bribe cops into getting out of a small situation. Like if you were speeding down the road and a cop was chasing you and they stop you and pull you out of the car, I think you should be able to offer them a bribe. Its a 50/50 thing, you offer them a bribe, they accept and come up with an excuse like "Ok I'm just going to pretend you were speeding for an emergency, dont get caught by any other officers."

If they dont accept they should arrest you and say something like "1 count of speeding, 4 counts of wreckless driving and causing danger to citizens, 1 count of attempting to bribe a police officer."

With the arresting thing, I'd like to see the cops actually tackle you down and hold you down and put the hand cuffs on and force you into the back of the cruiser. Then they drive you to the nearest cop station (with trip skip feature) then its a cutscene of interrigation and then a respawn outside with the game advanced a week later or something. Sort of like when you save a game in GTA, the time advances +6 hours, being arrested advances a week.
This may just be my shortest message ever posted. I LIKE IT!!! I LIKE IT!!
OT

Last edited by Asif; 09-21-2007 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: double posts merged
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007   #30
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
I would like to see the coast guard, and other water policing more in the game, it would be fun