Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2007   #1
Hertick
Newbie Member

Hertick is an unknown quantity at this point
Police Improvement For Iv? What do you think

hi everyone,

What does everyone think about Police (LCPD) in IV. Such as do you think anything more realistic will happen when you get busted by the police, personally i don't think they'll do anything, just keep it the same where you get busted you get spawned to the nearest police station. Idea's they could do, maybe instead of spawning outside the police station why not spawn in front of the reception desk inside the police station, thats if it's enterable. Or show a custscene of him getting interviewed with his lawyer, or maybe even do like a jail scene where it shows you him getting let out of jail in jail clothes for example, and then spawning outside the police station.

There's lots of idea's, does anyone else have ideas? i just think since GTA3, VC, LCS, VCS, SA they have always made you spawn outside the police station, just wondering at all if rockstar will do anything different

Something to think about anyway,

neil
Hertick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #2
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Hey there, and...

to the forums

On topic, I think they should change SOMETHING! The cops should be aggresive compared to what you do. If you hit a cop, they shouldnt shoot you, they should pull you over, and you should be fined. Anyway, if you do something bad to go to jail, you should at;east spawn at a desk.
Old 08-25-2007   #3
The Dave
Straight Fuckin' Original

The Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to beholdThe Dave is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, I hope they don't crash there car into you in a pursuit.

I would like to see them do Ped checks, like ask for your ID and they run you name into the system.

It would be cool if you can get warrents out for your arrest too, so you have to avoid the police.
Old 08-25-2007   #4
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
I would like to see the Coast Guard come out at the same time the National Guard, that would be sweet.
Old 08-25-2007   #5
Hertick
Newbie Member

Nice ideas and thanks for the welcome LordL, I know this is abit off-topic but has anyone ever played the game Scarface, that game when police pursuit you they pull you over and they have this bribe system when you have to fill this bar up to fool the cops you dident do the crime. But if you dont fill it up you get arrested.

I do know of this modification once i think it was called New Vice City 2006 or something related it was a total conversion where when you get arrested you spawned in jail. It was a mod for pc gta vice city.

Anywhoo back on-topic, i hope they do something. I also really want rockstar to make the "Police Side Missions" more improved you could say.

All it is in the previous gta games is like you get timed to kill a criminal, why not make it more realistic, where you get to pursuit criminals with other patrols helping you, and call for backup, and pull cars over and when arresting a suspect put handcuffs on and put them back of your patrol car instead of shooting them dead, i mean like kill them some times but say if rockstar did something where they can surrender and then you can arrest them. And also instead of having levels, why not get called to crimes?? :p be much more fun. And also last thing instead of getting timed to catch the criminal, why not just get timed untill you reach the suspsect when your actually pursuing the suspect why not make the timer go off, because really it's just pointless if you get what i mean.

Thanks again guys for posts so far, :p
Old 08-25-2007   #6
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Never got to welcome you, so welcome
And in your last paragraph, thats a very awsome idea. Try to tell R*, that. welcome.
Old 08-25-2007   #7
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Well, I think you can actually pull over your car in this game. I like that Idea. I hated in GTA3 era how I give up and they will still waste you.

It sounds like you describing the system from oblivion.
Old 08-25-2007   #8
Hertick
Newbie Member

haha good idea

thanks for welcome yeah, thats something rockstar need to improve on. I dont really find it realistic when you giveup and all they do is shoot at you, really what they should do is if you put away your weapons or have a drop weapons control, the best thing they could do is, if you stand still a cutscene actually happens where it shows your player getting arrested. That would be alot better then keep shooting at you ethier tho you are not firing back lol. So yeah neat idea. I do think the police side of the game does need to be improved, as thats basicly whats gta is about, forever commiting crimes, as in killings, running people over etc.. lol you get my drift lol.
Old 08-25-2007   #9
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
Like your idea about the cut scene. Also, when the character gets released, the Jailer could have a collection of sayings he tells the character as he lets him out the door. Kinda like: "I see you here again, I will make your stay really memorable," "You think it was easy here don't you, well hurry back, we like you," "One more visit from you and your ass is mine," "next time, you get our special cell." and so on.
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007   #10
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
I want to see the tazer gun used in non-lethal chases (if niko doesnt't pull a gun, they won't pull their gun.
Old 08-26-2007   #11
Hertick
Newbie Member

yeah

i like the part about:

Quote:
Also, when the character gets released, the Jailer could have a collection of sayings he tells the character as he lets him out the door. Kinda like: "I see you here again, I will make your stay really memorable," "You think it was easy here don't you, well hurry back, we like you," "One more visit from you and your ass is mine," "next time, you get our special cell." and so on.
and the tazer weapon idea, they all sound pretty good but wether all these idea's will come true or not thats another thing. I mean, before GTA San Andreas came out a year or so back, people were hoping for some really crazy ideas, and people where spreading all different things whats going to happen in the game what never happened... but you never know
Old 08-27-2007   #12
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I would like it when I get arrested to be put in a prison. You get the orange overalls and you have to trade things to get other things like razors or shivs. Once you have your weapon you could kill some gaurds and escape or you could stay until your let out but if you stay you risk getting stabbed by an inmate. I read somewhere that GTA IV is based on relationships. Well you could make freinds with inmates and they could help you escape as long as you take them with you. You could become crime partners on the outside or just part ways and if you get put back in jail then one of the guys you broke out would break you out. This would make you care about who you talk to. You could become freinds with a strong guy that lifts weights, He is strong but stupid or you could beome freinds with a weak guy that is smart. It all depends on choices.
Old 08-27-2007   #13
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-Ressurected
Well, I think you can actually pull over your car in this game. I like that Idea. I hated in GTA3 era how I give up and they will still waste you.

It sounds like you describing the system from oblivion.
agreed , I 've always wanted that feature. This will make IV awesome.R* could also add in a witness protection program.
Old 08-28-2007   #14
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, I want it to feel like you're really paying for your mistakes, not like before, you kill the entire city and you can still be busted and then you get released, you rebuy the guns, and you do it again. And the cops don't give a shi-, they just arrest you again as if you were a little bunny too cute for them to kill.
And how come after all that rampaging and slaughtering, how come you're released so easily? I mean, you spend a day in jail?! Wow! :p

So yeah, all in all, I hope it's improved.
Luciphear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007   #15
SteLePe
ste 2007
Newbie Member

SteLePe is an unknown quantity at this point
why not use police driving techniques like boxing in the target car???

maybe the police should do random car pullovers and things.
how about speed checks?
SteLePe is offline   Reply With Quote