Old 08-21-2007   #1
LordLeverette
AKA Conquerer and AKA GtaGuy

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
Doing things for yourself

I really hope things you do in IV will have greater effect than random rampaging this time 'round. I've always loved trying to have a purpose, and always wanted to actually do the cool stuff you see in action movies. I think with the realism we're going to see, randomly killing cops should have the realism and tension of an actual movie fight, with taking cover and all. Think of it, you see how action heroes evade the cops in the alleys etc. and how they prepare for a hit on someone with some cool illegal weapons guy and things like that. That all just makes me more excited about IV. Think about it. Action movies.
Old 08-22-2007   #2
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I want the exact same thing. I want the consquences to be a bit more harsh. A real thug type criminal would never get a rocket launcher and fire it into a big crowd of innocent civilians. Its just not smart.

Another thing is background storys for the peds. In that mission where you have to get the memory stick of someguy. It said you can hear him talking to his son or wife. Now you have two options. You can just kill him while he is on the phone or wait till he says goodbye to his family and hangs up. I would let him say goodbye first. I know there just code and pixels but its only right. Wait until he hangs up Be the evil gamer you are and shoot him while he is on the phone
Old 08-22-2007   #3
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
well you can do more than one mission at a time, so that might be a bit better.

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007   #4
Alien Biobsy

Alien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura aboutAlien Biobsy has a spectacular aura about
Yeah i see where you are coming from here, like you have to think more about what you are about to do. No just randomly blowing loads of people up in the middle of the street and thinking nothing about it.

Although that can be fun too.
Old 08-23-2007   #5
LordLeverette

LordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enoughLordLeverette will become famous soon enough
But try playing Hitman for instance. You have all those ways of getting to him and killing him, mowing everyone down with teh rocketz olol or making an appointment and (if there will be) shooting him with a SILENCED weapon. GTA has always been free roaming, but the missions never were really free.

Also, would anyone want on demand missions like in Spider Man, or like the police car missions, but being real missions? Like when you beat the game, there are some types of missions you want to do just for the heck of it (Hitman missions maybe? Hijacking? Retrieving stuff?) I would love to be able to call someone and have him offer an important storyline mission or a side mission.
Old 08-24-2007   #6
sbart
Newbie Member

sbart is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLeverette
But try playing Hitman for instance. You have all those ways of getting to him and killing him, mowing everyone down with teh rocketz olol or making an appointment and (if there will be) shooting him with a SILENCED weapon. GTA has always been free roaming, but the missions never were really free.

Also, would anyone want on demand missions like in Spider Man, or like the police car missions, but being real missions? Like when you beat the game, there are some types of missions you want to do just for the heck of it (Hitman missions maybe? Hijacking? Retrieving stuff?) I would love to be able to call someone and have him offer an important storyline mission or a side mission.
sort of like in saints row with the activities?
sbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007   #7
LordLeverette

Yeah, having some more meaningful activities, but still have the classic police/taxi activities.
Old 08-27-2007   #8
drg0nzo1
Newbie Member

drg0nzo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time seeing the "realism" in action movies?
drg0nzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #9
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by drg0nzo1
Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time seeing the "realism" in action movies?
Depends what kind of Action Movies, go watch Heat and get back to us.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007   #10
drg0nzo1
Newbie Member

drg0nzo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
Depends what kind of Action Movies, go watch Heat and get back to us.

Heat isn't exactly what I would call an "action" movie. Now First Blood...thats an action movie.
drg0nzo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007   #11
Old Timer
Ryder and Smoke were RATZ!!!
Loyal Member

Old Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enoughOld Timer will become famous soon enough
"police/taxi activities." Beg pardon Lord, but if there is one damn taxi in GTA-IV, after all those jerks in GTASA crashing into CJ's custom cars, in the game I play, they won't have a chance, DOWN ON TAXIS Otherwise, yes, I agree, more responsibility in the players use of tactics, make a stealth that really works, and have Thompson Submachine Guns, 50 Caliber Pistols, also 25, 38, 9mm etc., not heat seaking missles, RPG, and the like. Have the character get really good at what he has to do, and have a reason for it, not just mindless shooting. Give rewards for accomplishing different misssions, not just money, but better weapons choices, two new girlfriends that don't cell phone him every five minutes But are there for him.
OT
Old Timer is offline   Reply With Quote