Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2007   #1
El Matador Rojo
The Red Killer
Newbie Member

El Matador Rojo can only hope to improve
Lightbulb Will it be a new version of Vice City?

I know, i know, everyone is thinking about GTA IV right now, but i was wondering if its a possibility. I mean, R* made a new(and bigger) Liberty City for IV cuz its next-gen and the engine allow them to do so. Is it possible to see a NEW(and bigger...=P) Vice City in a future GTA game?. This thread it's just about speculation, so let your imagination fly...

PS._ There's also a possibility of a new San Andreas(i would love to see how SA will look in 2007, or 2008).

Anyone for Carcer City as the next city in GTA?
Mexico's #1 GTA Fan [98+% in all of 'em]

Last edited by El Matador Rojo; 07-31-2007 at 12:29 AM..
El Matador Rojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #2
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Carcer City is Manhunt.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #3
El Matador Rojo
The Red Killer
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21
Carcer City is Manhunt.
Carcer City is R*, and again, it could be a new version of Carcer.. don't you think so?

Old 07-31-2007   #4
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
No. I don't. It would be dumb.
Old 07-31-2007   #5
El Matador Rojo
The Red Killer
Newbie Member

My personal opinion is that R* will REMAKE Vice City and San Andreas just like they are doing with GTA IV. It would be cool to see a bigger Vice City(the ones from GTA VC and GTA VCS just seem to little for me). And not only that, but it will be cool to see both SA and VC in 2008 or so...

Last edited by El Matador Rojo; 08-02-2007 at 03:11 AM..
Old 07-31-2007   #6
Bfett21

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador Rojo
My personal opinion is that R* will REMAKE Vice City and San Andreas just like they are doing with GTA IV. I would be cool to see a bigger Vice City(the one from GTA VC and GTA VCS just seem to little for me). And not only that, but it will be cool to See both SA and VC in 2008 or so...
I don't see a new Vice City or San Andreas sequels coming at all. It was already done. I am sure we will see new cities and references, but for this new generation, we will see new cities, except for Liberty.
Old 07-31-2007   #7
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I'd love to see a Vice City redone.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #8
Bfett21

As much as I love Vice, a re-do of Vice City would be crap.
this game isnt a retelling of GTA3. It's a whole new experience. Think of a new vice city... Will it still have that awesome 80's feel to it? No. You know why, Other people had done it. For all we know, this could be the last GTA. If so, I say good. Better to stop something while it is fresh then to keep regurgitating the same thing over and over.
Old 07-31-2007   #9
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
I hightly doubt that this is the last GTA. Remember, the original GTA 3 and Vice City were also 3D "remakes" of the first GTA's from PS1.

Personally I'd love to see a new VC, completely redone.
Vice City had great 80's feel to it, but my only problem was that the city was real bad build up. there was no logic in it.
Imagine how the 80's feel R* could make with the new engine and improved graphics! They surprised us with doing a remake of Liberty City, why wouldn't they do the same to the others?
Old 07-31-2007   #10
gta4crazy1
zane

gta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished roadgta4crazy1 is on a distinguished road
or do a remake of vice and SA of 07' or 08'? and not the 80's and 90's

gta4crazy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007   #11
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

That could be cool. But only if they completely redone it. Not just graphics, but building the whole city up from scratch.
Old 08-01-2007   #12
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Matador Rojo
My personal opinion is that R* will REMAKE Vice City and San Andreas just like they are doing with GTA IV. I would be cool to see a bigger Vice City(the one from GTA VC and GTA VCS just seem to little for me). And not only that, but it will be cool to See both SA and VC in 2008 or so...
Man, Vice City was almost perfect, why redo it, I loved that city the way it is.
Old 08-03-2007   #13
maddmike
Banned
Banned

maddmike is on a distinguished roadmaddmike is on a distinguished road
I want a good chicago GTA....mafia...drugs .... yeah.... Vice would rule....miami in the 80's will have to stay you cant make it in today because it would loose the "flavor"
maddmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007   #14
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Why chicago, make one for detriot.
Old 08-03-2007   #15
jammsbro
Autodrunk

jammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enoughjammsbro will become famous soon enough
They should do a fifties GTA. Joking, of course. I can't ever see a company retreading old ground that is unlikely to make them money. If SA was redone (for instance) how many people would go out and buy it that weren't proper GTA fans? Not a lot and it would not be economically viable to do so.

Saying that, i would love it.

Also i just checked wiki and it seems your geography is spot on mano.

"Carcer City is a fictional city in Manhunt and the Grand Theft Auto series. It is located to the north of Liberty City, in the same country as the city of Vice City and the state of San Andreas."

Last edited by jammsbro; 08-03-2007 at 07:07 PM..
jammsbro is offline   Reply With Quote