Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > GTAGaming > Announcements & Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2007   #31
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Quote:
afterfl0w, just a quick question, you seem to want very big changes to the site, some good ideas and all, but how long have you been checking this site? Were you around in the edge days and stuff, this forums colour scheme is based upon that and the main site hasn't changed it's design that much in years, yes some things need to be sorted out, updated, cleared up, etc but it's proven to be a winning formula. Changing a few things is good, but a total rehaul of the site will just seem awkward for those of us who have been around for a long time. I'm not saying you have bad ideas, infact most are great, but scrapping the sites look and colour scheme seems drastic.
I think you're clinging onto the old site a bit much. I've been checking since the Vice City promotional sites started coming out (kentpaul.com), but I don't think that should matter too much.

What this site needs, is a little bit of change of direction. They asked for ideas, and I gave them. It is a winning formula, but it's the same formula as every other site. Now, wouldn't it be great if the site overcame other GTA fan sites, in more than just having more visitors? An up-to-date design would be one of these things that helps it in leaps and bounds above the rest. The good community is already here, and it's one of the things I've always liked about GTAGaming. The color scheme is fine though, it's a classic thing and it matches. The main site layout needs cleaning up though, and that's the main thing I was going for.

I don't intend my ideas to be things that, if used, completely change the site from GTAGaming, to GTA INFORMATION CORP, removing anything personal from the site. In fact, having the content on the site, the opinions, the readings, being MORE personal, makes the site so much more down to earth and fun to read.

Change is good, change is great, and the site growing is also a good thing.

Last edited by Kwanza; 07-25-2007 at 03:46 PM..
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #32
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Change is progress , you know what they say in video games.. " gamers know what happens if you stand still to long "
Just don't throw out the good stuff , is all I'm saying.
Old 07-25-2007   #33
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
What you're saying, I don't have anything against it, but I don't see what's wrong with the current layout, maybe just expand the resolution and get rid of a few liust things like Latest Headlines (Since they are all already displayed on the page) and latest files added (since Mods haven't been updated in ages), just tweaking small things like that so people know it's the same website but with improvements. As for hard to find stuff, I don't find anything hard or confusing about the current layout. The User submitted content sounds good though, kind of like Picture Of The Day kind of thing, but with short articles and reviews too.
Ash_735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #34
FireFox2
15 February 2002 Happy Anniversary

FireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura aboutFireFox2 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_735
What you're saying, I don't have anything against it, but I don't see what's wrong with the current layout, maybe just expand the resolution and get rid of a few liust things like Latest Headlines (Since they are all already displayed on the page) and latest files added (since Mods haven't been updated in ages), just tweaking small things like that so people know it's the same website but with improvements. As for hard to find stuff, I don't find anything hard or confusing about the current layout. The User submitted content sounds good though, kind of like Picture Of The Day kind of thing, but with short articles and reviews too.
ok , you both sound like your saying change but not all of it . Some of the new looks are nice so just be carefull an keep that which is helping the forum , tbh the current lay-out is popular now with prospective members i've talked to.
I hear all the time how GTAgaming is coming back bigger than before and none of it has a thing to do with having a new color scheme , just little suggestion mainly.
most have been stated in this thread by guys like Ash an slim.

FireFox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #35
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
I've noticed when we get new news, and its a large amount.. it stretches the page really really long, and with that.. some newer people or people passing by, might not see older stuff that is still important? what if you were to kinda change the news thing at the top right corner, to the middle top just below the "Countdown for GTAIV"? with older news.. but keep the newer news in the middle of the page and remove older stuff, and keep it above.

I also like the look of this forum, site and all that.. I have since I joined.. I would hate if it changed different, like everything in a different spot, and more confusing.. its really set up good the way it is right now. But if a little colour change happened, might look better?

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..

Last edited by Pothead; 07-26-2007 at 10:12 PM..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #36
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Colors are staying, blue, red, black/grey have always been GTAGaming colors. The site layout is old, and I've already begun work on a new one, but I assure you it will be much better and easier to navigate.
Old 07-26-2007   #37
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
I have a solution in mind for the long post, post stretching.... "hide rest of post" feature.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #38
TONY_ak47
WarofArt

TONY_ak47 is an unknown quantity at this point
A new layout would be awesome. RSS feeds, make mods easier to find, a nice videos section (stunts and all that), I like the forums but it might be too thin. Maybe a way to sort through news. I like lifehacker's layout. See: http://www.lifehacker.com/

It's great to see a revamp in the site.
Old 07-27-2007   #39
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Please do not complicate the navigation of the forums , I think this is what made this site the best of the pack.

IT is considered* USER *friendly by most of the people I've talked to , progress is good , just be careful
Old 07-27-2007   #40
X-reS
Looks better in real life.

X-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to beholdX-reS is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeah, an RSS feed would be awesome. Other than the fact that the mods are hardly added onto gtagaming, gtagaming.com is great.

I think you could add like a points type system to the forum. Basically, there's a bank where there is an interest where your money goes up regularly. and you can deposit your points and take out some points. You gain posts for posting and people donating points. With these points you can buy into user groups and ribbons for certain things like awareness for a certain thing, to show support for various causes in the forum (which show up under your rep pips) The QJ forums have an excellent example of this.
^Agreed. Maybe some contest were we give away free GTA brand items. Maybe cover other Rockstar games in the news, or at least GTA Cannon games such as Manhunt, and Manhunt 2. A manhunt section. More mods! Just clean up the site alittle.

Forum, Combine The "VC and VCS sections. Combine GTA3 and LCS sections. A section for arranging online games. The ability to change your name again.

I'll think more ina while.

P.S. I don't have many talents but I really want to be involved with the site. Such as GTAGAMING: Home Edition. Just sign me up and I'll try to do anything.
Old 07-27-2007   #41
besonix
Newbie Member

besonix is an unknown quantity at this point
Please make a white theme chooser

Its very hard for me to read when there is white text on black background.
It gets my eyes tired.
You should really make a chooser like the one on gamespot where user can choose between white and dark theme.
Its not hard to do, but it's needed.
Afterall all u want is people to get in and read with pleasure.
besonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #42
Follow
Forget It

Follow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura aboutFollow has a spectacular aura about
mhmm only thing i can ask of is to please remove these

dont wanna sound harsh but they're so annoying and big.
Follow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #43
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
I can agree, they're a good idea, but they stretch out the table a bit. They should be made smaller at least.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007   #44
Kodo

Kodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud ofKodo has much to be proud of
I agree they are too big. A quick fix is to make them smaller, a bigger fix is to make admin/mod/legend color specific text and post background. I'm looking at having that done.
Kodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007   #45
Nba Rewind

Nba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enoughNba Rewind will become famous soon enough
I would just like to suggest a re-shuffle in the topics at the start forum page. Surely the GTA IV forum should be top of the list. It's just a little thing (ie Iím being anal) but I think it makes more sense than the current order.