Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2007   #16
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterfl0w
UPDATE: My friend actually pointed this out to me, so props to Jakemop.
http://files.gtanet.com/images/3481_gta_iv_trailer.jpg
In this image, the cops tires actually aren't clipping with the ground. It's a mixture of a weird angle, and the fact that, where the cop is turned onto the sidewalk, it's actually an entrance. The sidewalk is lowered down, as if an entrance to a parking lot. So, one less error on Rockstar's part.
At the same screen, there's a little problem, with the draw distance, you can see. [From my old post]

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #17
manodemidas

manodemidas is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorged
also, you can tell that the tire has shifted upward, showing real time suspension, better than what we've seen before. Good post btw
Hmm true, but it's just a really little bit shifted
Old 07-25-2007   #18
zak.macdonald
Newbie Member

zak.macdonald is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtai...nshots/026.jpg
The highway marker sign is textured, but blank.

http://www.gtagaming.com/images/gtai...nshots/022.jpg
Niko won't be doing much damage with a barrelless gun.

Quote:
also, you can tell that the tire has shifted upward, showing real time suspension, better than what we've seen before. Good post btw
Car hasn't shifted at all or that's the best/worst suspension I've ever seen. If you're claiming suspension, then his rear driverside wheel is up in his trunk and I've never seen a car sit perfectly even in any kind of elevation, even a speed bump will slant your car. Plain and simple, the car clipped. BFD, I'm still buying the game and it will still be great for five minutes until I get bored and sell my 360.

Last edited by zak.macdonald; 07-25-2007 at 12:18 PM..
zak.macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #19
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
... I'm pretty sure you don't belong here.
Kwanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #20
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
I did enjoy your points on the reflections , I see what your saying. The details only matter to those who wish to look for them .
Old 07-25-2007   #21
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Yeah. A normal person, just driving through the game, would NEVER notice half the things us nerds do.
Old 07-25-2007   #22
FG
CJ would be so proud

FG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to beholdFG is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
agreed , some folks do go back latter to check out details , mostly when the game is nearly 100%.
I usaully go to look as I progress through the game,tbh.
ohh.. what did you mean about. , ^ the nu-guy ? He only has one post .. give-em a break,lol.
Old 07-25-2007   #23
Kwanza

Quote:
BFD, I'm still buying the game and it will still be great for five minutes until I get bored and sell my 360.
Him saying that indicates he's probably just here to be a jackass. It's a GTA forum.
Old 07-25-2007   #24
zak.macdonald
Newbie Member

Quote:
No actually, I was on topic all throughout my post. Some good points were brought up in the post, but it was pressed to be overly wordy and obviously so. If for some reason you're under the impression that post count constitutes the weight of my advice then you've got the wrong idea.

In fact I'm quite sure I've been bumming around this joint long before most people here, don't let the join date fool you. I go back to the old days of GTA3 coverage, ridiculous spam attacks and hillarious (four or five years ago) flash videos suggesting homosexual relations between admins. Hell, I was even around for when (I think it was GTAG) was hosted at some site called GameBoards or the like. That's my nerdy backstory, I've since matured a bit and changed usernames, forgotten passwords and learned the joys of puncuation and grammar. So hombre...don't step, it's a big internets and it can even hold the likes of your super bloated "I'm on the front page, so E-Penis++ for me" ego. I have work to do...at my full - time - job, so I'm going to get back to the grind. Maybe one day when you're done living the dream at GameStop or Steak N' Shake for part time minimum wage, you'll know what one of those is.

I was wondering, what kind of phone does Niko use? I could swear in trailer #2 at the very end the "buttons" you could see for a split second were different colors, possibly indicating icons, plus the trim was metal with an all black back. This throws my oppinion to iPhone ripoff, but is it too new, and if so why did nobody else catch it? It must just be me imagining things.

Last edited by zak.macdonald; 07-25-2007 at 01:23 PM..
Old 07-25-2007   #25
Kwanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by zak.macdonald
No actually, I was on topic all throughout my post. Some good points were brought up in the post, but it was pressed to be overly wordy and obviously so. If for some reason you're under the impression that post count constitutes the weight of my advice then you've got the wrong idea.

In fact I'm quite sure I've been bumming around this joint long before most people here, don't let the join date fool you. I go back to the old days of GTA3 coverage, ridiculous spam attacks and hillarious (four or five years ago) flash videos suggesting homosexual relations between admins. Hell, I was even around for when (I think it was GTAG) was hosted at some site called GameBoards or the like. That's my nerdy backstory, I've since matured a bit and changed usernames, forgotten passwords and learned the joys of puncuation and grammar. So hombre...don't step, it's a big internets and it can even hold the likes of your super bloated "I'm on the front page, so E-Penis++ for me" ego. I have work to do...at my full - time - job, so I'm going to get back to the grind. Maybe one day when you're done living the dream at GameStop or Steak N' Shake for part time minimum wage, you'll know what one of those is.
Haha, hilarious post. I could pick apart your post like a jackass, but there's no point. I mean, you have learned the joys of puncuation after all. What is puncuation, by the way? Oh, and congrats on being here longer. I guess that gives you God-given status on the site here.

Oh, and your "get a life" retort really, really shows your how mature you are. But, really, I was just pointing out that coming to a GTA community and making a post about how 'shitty GTA is going to be, making you get bored of it in 15 minutes', I'm sure you knew what the response to it would be. So, all I said was, you don't belong here. You asked for it, you got it, you deserved it.

Nice move editing your post though, to give it some real content.
Old 07-25-2007   #26
FG
CJ would be so proud

Quote:

I was wondering, what kind of phone does Niko use? I could swear in trailer #2 at the very end the "buttons" you could see for a split second were different colors, possibly indicating icons, plus the trim was metal with an all black back. This throws my oppinion to iPhone ripoff, but is it too new, and if so why did nobody else catch it? It must just be me imagining things.
Well.. anyways welcome back , me an a few I know used to do the same thing , just browse mostly without joining up right away.

There has been a lot of talk about the phone , its posted here what it is , tbh its not iphone , wish I could remember.
Old 07-25-2007   #27
zak.macdonald
Newbie Member

Quote:
Nice move editing your post though, to give it some real content.
Otherwise I'm off topic my man. I didn't say anything bad at all, if anything I was agreeing with the person who dared to give you a suggestion like your first post asked for. GTA will be great, but once you hit a certain age (perfectly literal sentence, unless you need ammo for another rant), games get old faster and faster...until they just aren't fun. To each his own I guess. Seriously though, back to work...which I get to by going "outside".

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG
Well.. anyways welcome back , me an a few I know used to do the same thing , just browse mostly without joining up right away.

There has been a lot of talk about the phone , its posted here what it is , tbh its not iphone , wish I could remember.
Browsing is easier and most things aren't worth discussing. Most news here is fluff, but still fun to read and kind of sap up to kill the wait for release, just holds no water for conversation. Is it a flip at least?

Self note: "OH MY GOD I NEED TO WORK" (and probably won't, probably will get away with it though...god bless graphic design and its ease)

Last edited by zak.macdonald; 07-25-2007 at 01:32 PM..
Old 07-25-2007   #28
FG
CJ would be so proud

Quote:
Otherwise I'm off topic my man. I didn't say anything bad at all, if anything I was agreeing with the person who dared to give you a suggestion like your first post asked for. GTA will be great, but once you hit a certain age (perfectly literal sentence, unless you need ammo for another rant), games get old faster and faster...until they just aren't fun. To each his own I guess. Seriously though, back to work...which I get to by going "outside".
Age didn't quell my desire to play GTA after 100% , thats why people post things about details. It adds to the experience for some users.

So chill guys , an lets enjoy the games we paid for..the way we each like. Example: the trees around a Gas station , right now we are checking IV for its possible realism. I for one am interested in that sort of thing.

Last edited by FG; 07-25-2007 at 01:38 PM..
FG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #29
T-Virus
Obscured By Clouds

T-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura aboutT-Virus has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
GTA will be great, but once you hit a certain age (perfectly literal sentence, unless you need ammo for another rant), games get old faster and faster...until they just aren't fun.
I'm 28, and I still play games I used to play when I was 20
And games does not tend to get old faster than some years ago, at least not to me.

Nice first post though.
T-Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007   #30
Gupi
In the hizzouse

Gupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished roadGupi is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Virus
I'm 28, and I still play games I used to play when I was 20
And games does not tend to get old faster than some years ago, at least not to me.
I have to mirror this; sure you have more responsibilities the older you get, but dont confuse that with the waning desire to play games just because you dont have the time to.