Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2007   #1
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
"Guns don't kill people, video games kill people" -police officer in Max Payne 2

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the GTA IV quote everyone seems to see as a reference to the recent JT-lead anti-video game violence campaigns is actually from 2003's fellow R* game Max Payne 2. A young woman comes into a police station to report her videogame-addicted (ex-)boyfriend threatening to kill her after she threw the television connected to the console out the window. After she leaves, the female police officer that took her report utters the quote in this thread's title when queried by the player, to add maybe even more coincidentally: "Jesus, welcome to New York City".

Not saying this was some kind of future vision towards GTA IV.

Last edited by ZCAB; 07-26-2007 at 04:25 PM..
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
I've been hearing, last few days since the German Aktuel preview, that it was quoted from this game, thanks for the detailed confirmation.

I haven't actually played this game yet (It's a shame, I know :p)

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #3
ZCAB

ZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond reputeZCAB has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif
I haven't actually played this game yet (It's a shame, I know :p)
There's a demo, though it does not contain said quote. It's an awesome game.

Anyway, do you happen to remember how much Thompson was involved in video game controversies back in '03? Wasn't Manhunt released then?
ZCAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #4
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
Manhunt was released in November 2003, but I don't think it was in the middle of controversy at that time.

@ the original thread topic, wow, that's either a really big coincidence, or something that R* planned. I never noticed that line. Might go play MP2 again.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
He got into my attention after the Hot Coffee incident, I actually didn't happen to know him before.

But yeah, he was involved against GTA since early in 2003, months before the Manhunt/Max Payne 2 release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...and_Theft_Auto

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote