Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2008   #1
california6066
Jai Kim [[Ching Mafia Boss]] ww.CHINGMAFIA.co.nr

california6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these partscalifornia6066 is infamous around these parts
Story mode or Multiplayer, which one first?

As soon as you slam the disc in and start the game what will do first, go straight into Nikos pants and play the story or go head to head with your mates on Multiplayer...

Me: Story
california6066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #2
Tendercrisp
Hi.
Addicted Member

Tendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to beholdTendercrisp is a splendid one to behold
I'll do the first few missions, and when I become familiar with the game, then I'll try pitting myself against others.
Old 03-17-2008   #3
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
Storyline, that way i can see how the story progresses and also learn a few moves, tricks for multiplayer.
Old 03-17-2008   #4
CB
"Your stupidity may be your one saving grace."

CB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura aboutCB has a spectacular aura about
Story first. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I didn't.

CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #5
Retromoe
Resident Superstar
Amateur Member

Retromoe is on a distinguished roadRetromoe is on a distinguished road
few stories, then online.
Old 03-17-2008   #6
smoking12
Banned
Banned

smoking12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Multiplayer first so i can get hang of it then play.
smoking12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #7
Cold

Cold is on a distinguished roadCold is on a distinguished roadCold is on a distinguished road
Do the first few missions, get comfortable with the controls, then go online.
Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #8
DiscoBombs

DiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the roughDiscoBombs is a jewel in the rough
Story, don't have Live, and if I had it I'd only play with very few people.
DiscoBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #9
zeppelin
If This Is Hell, Well Then I'm Lucky

zeppelin is on a distinguished roadzeppelin is on a distinguished road
Storyline first, you can't beat a classic GTA storyline, they really have evolved much further than an interactive movie, it's more like an alter ego that anyone can take upon themselves and rampage with. Reality sucks.

Last edited by zeppelin; 03-17-2008 at 05:28 PM..
zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #10
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Storyline first for me of course. Storyline helps you get familiar with the map, controls (most especially this time around), and new gameplay elements. Of course once I get a little familiar with the new LC I'll mess around for sure, and try out some multiplayer too.
Old 03-17-2008   #11
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
storyline for a few missions.
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #12
claud3
Banned
Banned

claud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of lightclaud3 is a glorious beacon of light
Story first and then multiplayer
claud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008   #13
thor1to3for5
Newbie Member

thor1to3for5 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want to finish the entire story mode first but hopefully that will take 100+ hours. I may play until I have all areas unlocked and have seen most of the map. Then I will go online with select friends using select games modes only. Nothing could ruin this game for me more than being in a free-for-all match with 15 screaming kids who have already found the glitches and are 40-0 every map. All in all I am truly content with GTA IV being a single player game. It is nice to have the option of playing with friends later on but I am in no way intrested in stroking my epeen by being on top of the leaderboards.

P.S. I hope there are no leader boards/stat trackings for multiplayer.
Old 03-17-2008   #14
baleent
Banned
Banned

baleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished roadbaleent is on a distinguished road
I suspect we'll have to do the story first, then we can go to our cell phone and do the multiplayer. But I want to get online and enjoy the game with someone else at first. Then I'll go and do the storyline.
baleent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #15
Telk

Telk is an unknown quantity at this point
story for a while, then might ckeck out some multiplayer
Telk is offline   Reply With Quote