Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007   #16
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
The presence of dogs leads me to believe that swimming will be included as well. How else to throw them off the trail than jumping in water? It always works in prison escape scenes!
Old 07-18-2007   #17
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Besides what makes you think Rockstar will get critized over this? Mgs3 had dogs and noone bitched about that, plus there have been other games to with guard dogs that could be killed.
it's rocstar and it's GTA, it kinda has a bad reputation, i don't think i like showing body armour or dogs but it's GTA and nothing will get me away from it, and rockstar usually make it best and change my mind anyway, real good news too

oh and in Australia recently GTA was on the news, but this time it was something good wtf, it said violent video games help kids relieve stress or somthing
Old 07-18-2007   #18
Pivac

Pivac is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, I didn't expect to see any animals other than birds. I'm pretty sure that Rockstar is gonna have a lot of problems regarding this...

Anyway, sounds fun. Imagine Niko walking down the street with a poodle.
Old 07-18-2007   #19
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
If this Preview is confirmed, dog's are okay

But what will piss me off is people attacking GTAIV over dogs. Other game's i've ever played had dogs getting mutilated, chopped up, electrocuted, shot with 15 9mm rounds and etc. Those games got great reviews which is bullshit why GTA should be exposed
Old 07-18-2007   #20
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Dogs sound good, a little reference to 2004 for the older members here when the San Andreas website police reports mentioned the K-9 Unit.

As for bringing bad vibes to GTA, it's expected, animals have been in other games for ages, Metal Gear Solid (not just 3, 1 had Wolf cubs), Hitman has had dogs (and yes you could brutally kill them) and various other games. The only reason GTA gets picked on is because it's a target for Soccer Moms and Politicians.
Old 07-18-2007   #21
Goat
Amateur Member

Goat is on a distinguished roadGoat is on a distinguished road
As long as Micheal Vick isn't doing any voice work for GTA IV they should be safe including dogs.
Old 07-18-2007   #22
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
All sounds good, but at this point appears fake.
Old 07-18-2007   #23
monkio
I am A monkey Yo

monkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enoughmonkio will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat
As long as Micheal Vick isn't doing any voice work for GTA IV they should be safe including dogs.
Another point: The K-9 units will probably come after you at a high star level. So it is not like you are killing a dog every minute.
Old 07-18-2007   #24
Frogracing19

Frogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished roadFrogracing19 is on a distinguished road
lol look at the game Postal (which i own lol...all three) they had pitbulls you could kill and u could shove an m16 or a shotgun up its @$$ and shoot through it as a silencer
Old 07-18-2007   #25
C-Bullets
Playboy X

C-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished roadC-Bullets is on a distinguished road
Good find, features keep on getting better and better.
Old 07-18-2007   #26
Grimmy
I'm ready for the laughing gas

Grimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond reputeGrimmy has a reputation beyond repute
K-9... hah, funny.
Old 07-18-2007   #27
Luciphear
Amateur Member

Luciphear is an unknown quantity at this point
Dogs might be in the game as they at least do good here. Like the police etc, they make the dogs attack you, a cat for example, they can't do that. Imagine the police releasing a bunch of fierce cats rushing at you!

Me, I don't think we'll be seeing many more animals than fish, birds and dogs in the game. We're here to kill the people, aren't we?

I must say I don't like the cruelty against animals but hey, it's a game, and as long the animal do have a good role in the game(like a police dog) it's fine to me. :p
Old 07-18-2007   #28
Weezy F Baby
Tha Beast of GTA
Newbie Member

Weezy F Baby can only hope to improve
DOGS!!!Finally some other animals..this game is gonna be CRAZY!!!!
Old 07-18-2007   #29
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
I bet you any money that the dogs will run twice as fast as you and they have gotta have a way of actually grabbing and holding you down with their jaws.That means you have to get to high ground to get away from the dogs. The dogs will be just as hard as the cops this time. It said they sniff you out. These dogs seem hard to escape from, but when I make niko pull out that big old shotgun from his bag. Then the dogs are going to have to escape from me. Well the Liberty City Police dogs are in for a rough time on october the 19th.
Old 07-18-2007   #30
Rossoneri
Newbie Member

Rossoneri is an unknown quantity at this point
With the addition of dogs I hope that you will be able to hide from police in dumpsters and such. Also, remember the preview where Niko stole a different car and was able to slip by the police? Imagine if when you had a high enough wanted level the police would create a perimeter with roadblocks where the police dogs and men would search each car passing the road block. Now that would be cool
Closed Thread