Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2007   #1
aRTee
Kustom Kulture

aRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond reputeaRTee has a reputation beyond repute
Halo 3 To Possibly Cause GTA IV Delay?

Quote:
We all know that Halo 3’s release later this year will reach monumental sales and will cause many a blue and white collar worker to suddenly be “sick”, but will it actually cause another AAA title to be delayed? According to analyst Michael Pachter, it actually may.

As of now, Halo 3 is set to be released on September 25, while GTA IV has a release date of October 16.

“We believe that a two-week delay would provide a reasonable gap between the launch of Halo 3 and the launch of GTA IV, and would actually help sales of both games. In addition, a delay of the ‘normal’ SKU for GTA IV by two or three weeks could allow Take-Two to maximize revenues from the $89.99 Collector’s Edition of the game by shipping that SKU on October 17, and to increase overall profitability.”

I personally don’t think Take-Two should allow the Halo 3 launch to influence it’s launch of GTA IV. I mean, we all know the majority of Xbox 360 owners will pick up Halo 3, but what about the PS3 owners or the 360 owners who don’t eat/sleep/breath Halo? I know I would want to get my hands on GTA IV as soon as possible and hope Take Two knows the sooner they get GTA IV out, the happier we’ll all be.

Source

What do you think? Could it be just tactical move from R*? Discuss.
Old 08-03-2007   #2
TomFratelli
Sophisticated Member.

TomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enoughTomFratelli will become famous soon enough
No, i dont think they would delay because of that. I Blame The Ps3 (0mgawd y00 only 70% c0mp3te lawl)
Old 08-03-2007   #3
abacacus

abacacus is an unknown quantity at this point
it's the communists, plain and simple.
Old 08-03-2007   #4
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
This is old I think, just been brought up again in light of the delay.

Here for one example
Old 08-03-2007   #5
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko_Bellic
No, i dont think they would delay because of that. I Blame The Ps3 (0mgawd y00 only 70% c0mp3te lawl)
WTF? I would suggest you refrain from such ignorant posts in the future.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
Old 08-03-2007   #6
Pignoah
While you make pretty speeches.

Pignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud ofPignoah has much to be proud of
Both games will be freaking ace, so it doesn't matter. Niko is crazy.
Old 08-03-2007   #7
pantoliano

pantoliano is an unknown quantity at this point
I doubt it is the reason. The reason is clearly that they got some problemes with the PS3 and that format they use to that system(Blu-ray), and of course they must release the game at the same time on both consoles and that`s why both 360 owners and of course the PS3 owners have to wait for the game to be finished on both consoles. It can be the 360 also, but it is more likely a problem with the PS3 edition and not the 360 since they are more known with that format.
Old 08-03-2007   #8
Bfett21
Addicted Member

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Hey Slim, close this thread. This is about the same as the one I posted. Just looks like any anti-microsoft thread will stay up, yet one that may point the finger to the PS3 gets closed. I'm not bashing any console here, It just seems that way to me.

Last edited by Bfett21; 08-03-2007 at 02:41 PM..
Old 08-03-2007   #9
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
I highly doubt Halo 3 has anything to do with the delay, the GTA series is popular enough to hold its own through a competitive release.
Old 08-03-2007   #10
Kwanza

Kwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enoughKwanza will become famous soon enough
Please use the thread here, to discuss the delay.
Closed Thread