Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007   #1
raidenraider200

raidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enoughraidenraider200 will become famous soon enough
Preview from Play (UK) Issue 155

Game: GTA IV
Magazine: Play UK Magazine
Issue: Issue 155

This was the twenty ninth preview for GTA IV in a magazine

The UK edition of the Play Magazine recently provided a new preview on GTA IV to readers in that country, it contained a few more details about GTA IV.

Below is a summary of new information from the 10 page preview article.

* McReary is a corrupt cop, like Officer Tenpenny in San Andreas
* The arms dealer called Little Jacob is a good friend of Niko's cousin, Roman
* Rotterdam Hill is in Alderney
* The first mission in the demo was called "Call and Collect"
* There are no arrowheads to guide you in the game
* The HUD has been streamlined to only a few displays.
* The map remains, sensibly, as does the wanted level and the money
* But visuals on the map in the demo are reduced to mere blips in the top corner of the impressive display
* The new wanted level system system starts with the map flashing wit hcircles of blue and red.
* The wanted level system has been completely revamped from the previous games, It's now based on vision, with each circle representing the line of sight of the police chase.
* The wanted level system has six levels as in previous games.
* Pedestrians drink while out on streets.
* The increased difficulty of the game could alienate some of the fans.
* When you kill Goldberg, there are at least two possible cutscenes, the first saw Goldberg crumpled down onto the floor and the second saw Goldberg fall out of the window.
* You exit Goldberg's Office and there are three security guards blocking your way.
* You can hug the wall like in Metal Gear Solid to cover yourself from fire.
* You can also strafe, which is helpful when you take on the police.
* If you escape the building, it's mission complete.
* Rockstar has added bodily damage to the proceedings, with certain actions triggerings different reactionary deaths.
o Game Example 1: Shoot a security guard in the foot at the top of the stairs and he will come tumblings down the stairs.
o Game Example 2: Shoot Goldberg, the lawyer, with a shotgun in front of a window and he'll meet his end on the streets below as he tumbles out.

Scans
http://mattyblog.cookynet.com/gta4_p...-155_scans.zip
raidenraider200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #2
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Wow! Thanks Matt!
The magazine got in on-time. Downloading them right now!

Scan images. (Click the thumbnails to get full view)

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.

Last edited by Asif; 07-12-2007 at 09:28 AM..
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #3
steveh
Newbie Member

steveh is an unknown quantity at this point
having surveyed these pages as an anonymous guest for the entire build up/hype of SA and IV, i now feel obliged to actually register and say this:

awesome.
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #4
.:nemesis:.
Wicked Member

.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all.:nemesis:. is a name known to all
Quote:
* The wanted level system has six levels as in previous games.
I'm sceptical that this is true of having 6 stars instead of 7 as previously stated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh
having surveyed these pages as an anonymous guest for the entire build up/hype of SA and IV, i now feel obliged to actually register and say this:

awesome.
Welcome to the GTAG Forums, please take time to read the rules (scroll down) if you have not already done so.
.:nemesis:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #5
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Welcome on the forum, steveh. Enjoy your stay here.

A news has just been posted on the main page.

Old 07-12-2007   #6
steveh
Newbie Member

steveh is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks.

the screenshot on page 007 - policeman hiding behind the door of his car, niko covered by a truck: it all looks very ''Heat''... im now so very very excited

*time to start saving for a ps3*
steveh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #7
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sceptical that this is true of having 6 stars instead of 7 as previously stated.
yes and i thought i was the only one telling people about how there will be 7 stars, i just finished correcting myself in a few forums, editing my posts, man i feel so stupid, and yes u will find that after my corrections too
numba1kkilla_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #8
Moderate Airbender

AvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura aboutAvatarMike17 has a spectacular aura about
Makes me look retarded for stating 8 stars, that would be awsome if they changed the wanted level, after Vice City, the wanted level is so predictable.
AvatarMike17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #9
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

I've updated my first post with the Images of the 10 page scans. Click the thumbnails to get full view.

Old 07-12-2007   #10
Deej
Special Someone

Deej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished roadDeej is on a distinguished road
Hmm.. I like the idea of the actions taken when you shoot someone..

But that will also suck when you are playing as Niko and you get shot near a window or a bridge or whatever.. You will go flying out or over aswell. Thats probably something to do with the increased difficulty level.
Deej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #11
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

We can safely make a guess that the corrupted cop, McReary is the other guy in the artwork.

Old 07-12-2007   #12
Tim
Autonomic

Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond reputeTim has a reputation beyond repute
More than likely.

No arrows to guide you? Might make it harder.

Edit:
Bodily damage sounds fun too.

You can hug the wall like in Metal Gear Solid to cover yourself from fire. - nice touch

Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #13
Flip
Hi.

Flip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enoughFlip will become famous soon enough
This sounds great, thanks for posting.

Hope you'll be able to throw people through windows
Old 07-12-2007   #14
Havok
Oh please, no.

Havok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to beholdHavok is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
The increased difficulty of the game could alienate some of the fans.
this makes me nervous, although they said the same exact thing about GTA: VCS and i couldn't tell the difference.
Quote:
* There are no arrowheads to guide you in the game
somebody please remind me when there were ever arrow heads in GTA
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #15
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Think of an opponent car you are chasing or a person you need to kill/meet, an arrow (downward direction) used to appear above them in the previous GTAs.
Though I'm doubtful if this feature is fully removed, it'll make the game rigid harder at some points.