Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2007   #1
Asif
Moderator =)
Godlike Member

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
The reason behind GTA IV not being included in Sony's E3 conference?

Quote:
1UP: Why didn't you show Grand Theft Auto IV at your press conference? Why was it not there?

Tretton: Well, Dave [Karraker, Senior Director of Corporate Communications at Sony Computer Entertainment America], do you want to answer that? Dave was in control of the content.

Karraker: You want the real answer?

1UP: Can you give me both answers?

Tretton: [laughs]

Karraker: I'll give you the real answer. They didn't send us their video.

1UP: So it's not anything like "well, the game's been shown on Xbox 360..."

Karraker: We requested it. We sent an e--mail out to every publisher and said send us your videos that you want put in the press conference, and they never sent it. Not much more you can say about that.

1UP: Can you guys say if you're going after any exclusive content ala Microsoft's two episodic entries?

Tretton: We have some pretty good information in terms of what our plans are with Take-Two relative to GTA4, but I really want to make sure we get you all the exact facts, so we can get you something from Dave pretty shortly. [Phil Harrison dodged a similar question from 1UP last week, as well. "...we're actually working closely with them [Rockstar] on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now," he said. -- Ed]

1Up article

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #2
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
Wow, thats pretty insane.. i kinda didn't understand some of it, but most of it i got.. and thats insane lol

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #3
cox
Certified Tester

cox is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Tretton: We have some pretty good information in terms of what our plans are with Take-Two relative to GTA4, but I really want to make sure we get you all the exact facts, so we can get you something from Dave pretty shortly. [Phil Harrison dodged a similar question from 1UP last week, as well. "...we're actually working closely with them [Rockstar] on a number of initiatives, so I do know some things that are going on, but I'm not able to share those with you now,"
I wish they'd stop screwing around and just tell us what they've got. I'm sick of all this "working closely on a number of initiatives" crap.
Old 07-17-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Well either that load of money Microsoft paid was enough to blow Sony off, or Rockstar was too late to get back to Sony.
Old 07-17-2007   #5
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
50mill is alot but i don't think it would have been enough to change R* mind

I'm not sure if Rockstar received 50mill in full, i might be wrong
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #6
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Last I heard about that money was that it was being paid separately and ONLY for the episodic content, not to actually keep Rockstar away from Sony, so perhaps what I my previous post said is not at all true.
Old 07-17-2007   #7
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
I know but i'm sure Microsoft could pull some strings at R* if they could, a though i can't get off my mind
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Well sure they could pull a few, but not major ones you know?
Old 07-17-2007   #9
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
We have some pretty good information in terms of what our plans are with Take-Two relative to GTA4
This seems to imply that they at least have some GTAIV related plans which is something.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote