Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Grand Theft Auto > Grand Theft Auto IV
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2007   #31
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
damn no spedometer.. wonder why they wont include this...even if its not used in the game it sstill an easy to measure thing on car speeds...
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #32
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
does it really mater in a game that doesnt emphasise speed?
Bfett21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #33
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Check the news post on the main page to get the full summary of the demo.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #34
comics22
Do the Testris shuffle!

comics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished roadcomics22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfett21
does it really mater in a game that doesnt emphasise speed?

lol yes cuz well all cars have spedometers, look at driver, it doesnt emphasize speed at all yet they have one(cool one i might add) lol if thier really gonna make a relaistic game they should include a speedometer.
comics22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #35
x MaDe U Lo0k x
HXC GTA Fan
Newbie Member

x MaDe U Lo0k x is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by comics22
lol yes cuz well all cars have spedometers, look at driver, it doesnt emphasize speed at all yet they have one(cool one i might add) lol if thier really gonna make a relaistic game they should include a speedometer.
I think it all comes down to:
A) Do you want the ability to scale telephone poles
or
B) A speedometer

Things like that. Giving up something small to gain something HUGE.
x MaDe U Lo0k x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #36
Larry Novellino
Larry Novellino - Waconia High School, Minnesota

Larry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the roughLarry Novellino is a jewel in the rough
I've always been worried about IV's framerate. It's chopping with traffic & pedestrians turned off? That seems very problematic in my mind. Even for the demo.

My prediction: 360 framerate will be solid for the most part, PS3 will have major problems with chaotic gameplay (shooting, explosions, etc.)

Which sucks, cause when I think IV, I think perfection.

Last edited by Larry Novellino; 07-13-2007 at 12:39 AM..
Larry Novellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #37
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
To add insult to injury, apparently (inside sources omg. No, really) the game will take a long time to load up initially. Sure, there will be no loading times whatsoever in - game, but the game will take an age to start.

But, these framerate issue will surely be tackled before the final release. With all this detail it's hard to imagine it running smoothly at 60FPS.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #38
Bfett21

Bfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enoughBfett21 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
To add insult to injury, apparently (inside sources omg. No, really) the game will take a long time to load up initially. Sure, there will be no loading times whatsoever in - game, but the game will take an age to start.

But, these framerate issue will surely be tackled before the final release. With all this detail it's hard to imagine it running smoothly at 60FPS.
i can take a long initial load time. If it means fully open with no loads in game. score.
Old 07-13-2007   #39
The Shy Child.
GamerTag: shychild2010

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
it says it will be a long loading time in the 1up podcast. The same podcast that said there will be a third trailer. They say that it could be at least 10 minutes long.
The Shy Child. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #40
Lettermaniac
To Die For
Veteran Member

Lettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really niceLettermaniac is just really nice
What could be ten minutes long, the third trailer or the loading time?

But yeah, that's what I heard. It would take approx. ten minutes to start up, but then there would be no breaks in play.
Lettermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #41
The Shy Child.

The Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to allThe Shy Child. is a name known to all
i ment the initial loading time
Old 07-13-2007   #42
The Shy Child.

what could you do in 10 minutes. i could run to the shops and buy some chocolate or something and then run back. It would just be over the half way mark.
Old 07-13-2007   #43
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Don't make double post Shy Child, use instead.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #44
Bfett21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettermaniac
What could be ten minutes long, the third trailer or the loading time?

But yeah, that's what I heard. It would take approx. ten minutes to start up, but then there would be no breaks in play.
that doesnt bother me really, but ive been gaming for years, im 24, i can handle a wait-time. im used to it really
Old 07-13-2007   #45
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
man this is all exciting stuff and pretty revaling on how detailed the game wil be too,

Quote:
Kotaku said they had night vision cameras to prevent people from taking photos and video. Im guessing R* is very secretive.
wow night vision cameras just to spot other cameras, thats some heavy stuff, rockstar means business when it comes to keeping secrets dont u think?
numba1kkilla_oj is offline   Reply With Quote