Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2007   #1
Piggus
Wicked Member

Piggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond reputePiggus has a reputation beyond repute
New pics of KILLZONE 2 (PS3) emerge

That's right, it's been over two years since Killzone 2 was first shown, and this is the first in-game screenshot shown to the public:

It's a bit small and there's really not much to judge, but it's looking good so far. We should be seeing more info starting at 9:30 PM PST today just after the Microsoft press conference, as Sony has set up an even just for Killzone alone. Expect more at the Sony press conference tomorrow as well, with a playable version expected to be at E3.

This could possibly be the biggest game of E3 this year. Gametrailers even lists it as the number one most anticipated game of E3 2007.

EDIT: HD TRAILER!

All of this trailer is 100% realtime from a pre-pre-alpha build of the game. I can't even imagine what this will look like later in development considering the framerate is so smooth right now (less optimization needed at the time).

Core i5 2500K @ 4.8 GHz || 16 GBs 1600 MHz DDR3 || Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 || Dual 128 GB SSDs

Last edited by Piggus; 07-11-2007 at 11:52 AM..
Piggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #2
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
Bigger version:

Japisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #3
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh, the helghast suit loooks pretty bad
whatever, going to wait for more media..
still going to buy it though, <3d the first Killzone.
edit:
there is some talking about the player looking at a poster?
I personally don't see it..
edit2:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...170302&page=12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.

Last edited by Bonecrusher; 07-10-2007 at 08:27 AM..
Bonecrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #4
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
As expected, it looks terrible.
Old 07-10-2007   #5
oppar
Amateur Intellectual

oppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond reputeoppar has a reputation beyond repute
From ritchie's link; http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4822/killzoneaw9.jpg

Hmm. I think that's how it's supposed to be. I see a poster there. Also, I cannot imagine a game (especially exclusive) looking that poor.

grimmy is a gay icon
oppar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #6
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
This is what they've done in two years? -_-

The character model and lighting look nice, but the wall textures look really messed up. I suppose it should look better in motion (hopefully).
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #7
Japisee
Addicted Member

Japisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond reputeJapisee has a reputation beyond repute
I don't get it.What are those green lines supposed to show?

*edit: oh, I get it now: http://www.weimage.com/out.php/i6017_killzonefinal.jpg

Last edited by Japisee; 07-10-2007 at 01:13 PM..
Old 07-10-2007   #8
Pothead
Dope Boy Magic

Pothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished roadPothead is on a distinguished road
Isn't it just a poster, as Japisee posted.. so maybe we shouldn't worry about the wall graphics, as it is only a POSTER, it looks fairly good, other then that poster..

Don't fucking fall in love with people.
Hold the person that you love closely if they're next to you.
The one you love, not the person that'll simply have sex with you.
Appreciate them to the fullest extent, and then beyond.
'Cause you never really know what you've got, until it's gone..
Pothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #9
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Bonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond reputeBonecrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Well, the wall is photoshopped, so it's not a poster..
Anyway, gg at reacting like that scon
wait for more media maybe?

Quote:
After releasing my mix tape here, people are loving it. Like, loving it. I mean to the point that I'm gone to clubs to perform, all black clubs and they give a standing ovation, getting dab from everyone, and on my sort of"party-and-get-fucked-up" records, the whole club is dancing.
Old 07-10-2007   #10
Skillet
I'm awesome and I fuck dolphins

Skillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really niceSkillet is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by emphysema
Isn't it just a poster, as Japisee posted.. so maybe we shouldn't worry about the wall graphics, as it is only a POSTER, it looks fairly good, other then that poster..

It isn't a poster.
Old 07-10-2007   #11
Thundercracker

Thundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond reputeThundercracker has a reputation beyond repute
It looks a little funky, in all honesty.
Thundercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #12
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
It better be better than Killzone 1, that game sucked.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #13
Bonecrusher
Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olin
It looks a little funky, in all honesty.
True.
But we weren't supposed to see this screen in the first place..

Not a decent first screenshot to show a very hyped game.

@Passage:
I liked it tbh :\

Quote:
Old 07-10-2007   #14
Shadow Conception

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
OH I get it now. -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie
Well, the wall is photoshopped, so it's not a poster..
Anyway, gg at reacting like that scon
wait for more media maybe?
Reacting like what?
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007   #15
Japisee
Addicted Member

Well, according from the trailer they showed at GDC a month or 3 ago, it didn't look as good as the orignal trailer but still very nice.

[img=http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/8017/killzone1ce7.th.jpg]