Old 07-11-2007   #1
Ash_735

Ash_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh_735 has a reputation beyond repute
Slim PSP

Just wanted to know what peoples thoughts are about this, I don't think it's too bad, does what it says on the tin, it is a slimmer version without any drastic design changes to alienate current owners. Price is decent too, plus I've heard of a bundle in the US which goes on sale from September which sounds like a bargain.

You can check out the Slim PSP, photos and even a quick video over at T3.
Ash_735 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #2
scorged

i think its silly... they didn't really change anything at all IMO. i have a psp... I'm not very satisfied with it..
Old 07-11-2007   #3
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Nothing more than a slightly updated/revised PSP, from what I can tell.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #4
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
To be honest, I may want this PSP now, rather the one I already have
Old 07-11-2007   #5
numba1kkilla_oj
"u kno what a hassa is"
Amateur Member

numba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished roadnumba1kkilla_oj is on a distinguished road
man slim psp aye, might just get me one to replace my fat one, everything is getting slim these days
numba1kkilla_oj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #6
Jon P
Free your mind up

Jon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud ofJon P has much to be proud of
I'm happy with mine although the Star Wars one was sweet
Old 07-11-2007   #7
cyrix
I EAT TREES AND SHIT TABLE LEGS!
Wicked Member

cyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant futurecyrix has a brilliant future
The video out addition makes this version that much more desirable. That's a hell of a feat to accomplish tbh with a handheld like this.

~ PH X4 955 4 ghz ~ 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 ~ MSI Twin Frozr 560 GTX TI ~
~GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 ~ 2x Intel 510 120GB SSD
cyrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #8
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
basically my response is :

What's the point ? Lol. They all do the same thing to me, Iunno.
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #9
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Hm, they should make the PSP a phone, no really, that would be fucking awesome.
Old 07-12-2007   #10
CaveManta
CJ's Unknown Brother

CaveManta is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmm, I would like the video-out a lot if I got one.

If they put phones in PSPs, that would be awesome! Then the next thing you know, there's a PSPhone and then Apple gets kind of scared and releases the iGame(tm) Mobile Gaming Platform. Next thing you know, Apple will join the video game fray and Sony will join the cell phone fray.

Anyway.. I don't have a PSP and I never really wanted one. This new version makes me want one a bit more, though.
Old 07-12-2007   #11
qwertyuio
The world needs some love

qwertyuio is on a distinguished roadqwertyuio is on a distinguished road
seems pointless to me, the psp was designed to be small
it make me want to play my psp, but its dead AND MY GOD DAMN NEIGHBOR HASNT RETURNED MY CHARGER.
Old 07-12-2007   #12
Jimmy_86
Think!

Jimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud ofJimmy_86 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrix
The video out addition makes this version that much more desirable. That's a hell of a feat to accomplish tbh with a handheld like this.
Exactly. The video out was the main thing that impressed me about this. The fact that it's slightly lighter etc is nice but not that major. Also faster loading times is nice too.

Chances are it'll be more "protected" against homebrew, or at least ship with a very recent firmware.
Jimmy_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #13
iKlipse

iKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond reputeiKlipse has a reputation beyond repute
meh, I hardly see any difference. Me and my mates find the current PSP hard to hold while playing games sometimes, I dunno it being slimmer will help. Aslong as I can play GTA or go on the net on it, I'm happy. BTW I'll probobly end up snapping that slim psp in half somehow.
iKlipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #14
Shadow Conception
Veteran Member

Shadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud ofShadow Conception has much to be proud of
Oh yeah, the Stars Wars one was fucking leet.
Shadow Conception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007   #15
RyanEmerica13
The Dude, dude

RyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished roadRyanEmerica13 is on a distinguished road
I am not really into portable gaming, but it looks pretty cool now. I want that Mylo thing Sony has, now that is sweet!