Go Back   GTAGaming Forums > Off Topic & Unrelated > Video Games Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2007   #1
Nite
Addicted PC Gamer

Nite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant futureNite has a brilliant future
Gears of War Coming to PC Later This Year

Quote:
July 10, 2007 - If you haven't watched the Microsoft E3 conference, you might be pleased to read that Epic is bringing its beloved Xbox 360 franchise - Gears of War to Windows with all new content; co-op gameplay, and is supporting both XP and Vista (in case you were worried). Multiplayer will be handled on Live, which leads us to believe that Microsoft will be opening it up to XP users as well as Vista in the not-too-distant future.

Microsoft Game Studios is set to bring the critically acclaimed "Gears of War" to the Windows platform, which will support Games for Windows — LIVE. "Gears of War" will emerge on Windows XP-based and Windows Vista-based PCs this holiday with five new campaign chapters, a new multiplayer mode and a new game editor that will unleash the creativity of "Gears of War" players — only available for Windows. "Gears of War" will also take advantage of DirectX 10 graphics technology, which is only available on Windows Vista. Also today, Epic Games unveiled the addition of Games for Windows - LIVE integration to the award winning Unreal Engine 3. This landmark announcement will make it easier than ever for game developers using Epic's next-generation technology to take advantage of Microsoft's online gaming network.

Here are a few more fun facts:

Format: DVD-ROM for the Windows Vista and Microsoft Windows XP operating systems

Availability: Holiday 2007

Price: $49.99 (estimated retail price)

And of course, bulleted features!!11! Woo.

What's New?
"Gears of War" will feature locations that are unique to the franchise and the genre. Players will encounter all their favorite foes from the Xbox 360 version; however, these intense encounters will take place in some new environments and allow players to manipulate the new game modes and technology found only in the Games for Windows title. Boasting three new multiplayer maps, a new multiplayer game type, Game Editor, five new campaign chapters and DirectX 10 support, "Gears of War," will challenge and push the limits of the PC gaming experience and provide an unparalleled visual presentation.

What's old?
Movie-like cut scenes, cinematic camera moves and in-game storytelling bring the brutal, emotionally charged narrative to life. Gamers control Marcus Fenix and his fire team as they pit advanced technology against the overwhelming and horrific Locust Horde.

"Gears of War" will tap into the power of Games for Windows — LIVE to deliver online matchmaking for its Gold account members. The service will enable gamers around the world to connect via their PCs, allowing players to experience individualized matchmaking, view player statistics, earn player Achievements, customize games and create personalized profiles.

Never Pay for a New Map Again
The game will also feature the all-new Game Editor, guaranteeing new user-generated content in the future. The "Gears of War" community will be able to tap its endless creative potential to develop an unlimited number of user-created levels through complete access to the Unreal Editor. Using the new engine, players can now import custom artwork into the engine, create particle systems, scripted encounters, cinematics and more.

DX10 Support
"Gears of War" ushers in the next generation with incredible visuals, pushing DirectX 10 visual designs and bringing out the smallest details in the largest battle. Gamers experience a rich, dynamic world with a supreme level of detail. Characters come to life with unbelievable model quality and a physics-integrated animation system that has them truly reacting intelligently to events unfolding around them.

Over-the-shoulder action
In "Gears of War" the battlefield is a lethal place — to foolishly stand out in the open is to invite an untimely demise. To survive, gamers must employ strategy, take cover using the interactive and dynamic environments, and suppress the enemy with blind fire, using their weapons and teammates to outwit and outfight their terrifying enemies.
source: http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/803/803119p1.html

this is great news, that game was neck and neck with Oblivion, at the awards last year, definately a must get for me.

i7 2600k @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1333 | 4GB EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX | EVGA Z68 SLI

Last edited by Nite; 07-11-2007 at 03:14 AM..
Nite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #2
notuptome2004

notuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enoughnotuptome2004 will become famous soon enough
Smile

so sweet nite thanks for the news. i knew i bought me a Directx 10 card for some reason ha ha. this game i have seen played on the 360 and is far the best 360 game out ther and wow the use of the unreal engine makes it that much better of a game, i am betting since the 360 version used all 6 hardware threads on the CPUs that this will use every bit of power my dual core offers
notuptome2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #3
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
Yeah, caught that earlier during the M$ conference at E3. That was a nice surprise for me.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #4
Offended_by_Everything
Social Justice Warrior

Offended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond reputeOffended_by_Everything has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, it will probably be disgustingly straineous on my PC like most Unreal Engine 3 games. Though I might arr matey it.
Old 07-11-2007   #5
billyboy_999

billyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to beholdbillyboy_999 is a splendid one to behold
Sweet. But I hope for LAN co-op.
billyboy_999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #6
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
Would be nice to list some kinda spec predictions.
Old 07-11-2007   #7
Lynk
Oh shit, I'm feeling it

Lynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond reputeLynk has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, I can't understand how this was "neck and neck" with Oblivion. It really isn't that good of a game. Sure the graphics are amazing, but fuck me it's decidedly average.
Old 07-11-2007   #8
Slim Trashman
Sanitation Division

Slim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant futureSlim Trashman has a brilliant future
Agree with you on that one, Lynk. I've played the game, the graphics were nice, but everything else just had me bored or annoyed.
Old 07-11-2007   #9
.:Mouldy Punk:.

.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of.:Mouldy Punk:. has much to be proud of
/me hopes it runs on his computer

Hosted on ImgBin.Org | Happy Easter...ish
.:Mouldy Punk:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #10
passage
If it ain't raw, it's worthless.

passage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nicepassage is just really nice
failed on the 360, but fuck it could own on the PC.
passage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #11
mattt
(&) Delinquents
Addicted Member

mattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant futuremattt has a brilliant future
It didnt fail.
Old 07-11-2007   #12
SA

SA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enoughSA will become famous soon enough
If this is hooked up with 360 dude's, it's gonna be awesome.

off-topic:

what's up with this legendary member thing ?
SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #13
Super Beast

Super Beast is on a distinguished roadSuper Beast is on a distinguished roadSuper Beast is on a distinguished roadSuper Beast is on a distinguished roadSuper Beast is on a distinguished road
Was planning to eventually get this on 360 but with my new computer coming in the next couple weeks, all I have to do is get a 360 controller for windows.
Old 07-11-2007   #14
Xan
█▄▄█▄▄█ █▬█ █

Xan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond reputeXan has a reputation beyond repute
It's awesome that the game isn't just a direct port, they added alot of extra stuff also which is great in my opinion
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007   #15
Asif
Moderator =)

Asif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to allAsif is a name known to all
News of Windows version on the Official site.
Yet, we'll have to wait to get further details on the requirements.

Huge thanks to K-evin for this signature.
Asif is offline   Reply With Quote